WOS Mustangs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

tennisbc

I don't think there was anything negative about what he said about WOS! Obviously he is very aware of what WOS can bring on defense, he is just confused about how he is going to coach against it. Mustangs definitely has an up hill battle for the state title but these kids seem to perform a lot better under that kind of pressure. Hats off to this WOS players!

Well everyone has one....I guess you are him!!

You made an effort to get back to this board for some spirited discussion, not labeling people who most on this board know personally. If you're labeling Gasilla as "one of those guys" based on a few posts, you really are lost. He is a great guy, as anyone on this board and most on the "downlow" board will attest. If you expect to come to our board and see people saying that we're outmatched and in an impossible matchup, you've come to the wrong place.

You made an effort to get back to this board for some spirited discussion, not labeling people who most on this board know personally. If you're labeling Gasilla as "one of those guys" based on a few posts, you really are lost. He is a great guy, as anyone on this board and most on the "downlow" board will attest. If you expect to come to our board and see people saying that we're outmatched and in an impossible matchup, you've come to the wrong place.

ditto

Feeling the love, feeling the love! :)

I keep reading how the kid from Gladewater was running free and slid down to keep the clock running. That's not what happened guys. We had 2 defenders on him angling the kid to the sidelines. His coaches were yelling for him to get down and stay in bounds. He was not going to score. Just trying to clear up the MYTHICAL play that everyone keeps bringing up. Anyhow, its good to be back on the site. Been a few years. Thanks to Chaingang for helping me get set back up

My nephew from Gladewater showed me the video clip of the play and the Gladewater player was being pursued by two defenders but looked to me they had reached their vertex and the Gladewater kid was still in front its very probable he might of scored if the coach hadn't told him to take a dive. Also he said they got a questionable call on the 4th & 2 they didn't convert which would of iced the game for Gladewater. -  Go WOS and win State !

Still disagree on the slide play. I was there and I've seen it on film several times. At this point it doesn't matter. As for the 4th down spot I won't argue your point a bit. 3 inches one way or the other and your playing Gladewater instead of Gilmer. The Bears were far and away the best team we faced this year. Still with 1:09 on the clock and no timeouts and 84,yards to go we got it done. Gladewaters line were huge. They almost willed themselves to a victory. I have watched 0 footage of WOS so I don't know how we will line up in the trenches. We are not huge on the lines but well coached and play great technique. How big is WOS on the lines?

Still disagree on the slide play. I was there and I've seen it on film several times. At this point it doesn't matter. As for the 4th down spot I won't argue your point a bit. 3 inches one way or the other and your playing Gladewater instead of Gilmer. The Bears were far and away the best team we faced this year. Still with 1:09 on the clock and no timeouts and 84,yards to go we got it done. Gladewaters line were huge. They almost willed themselves to a victory. I have watched 0 footage of WOS so I don't know how we will line up in the trenches. We are not huge on the lines but well coached and play great technique. How big is WOS on the lines?

our front line on both sides of the ball are not huge, but what they lack in size they more than make up in speed and technique. Their biggest attributes are heart and discipline. After some of the film I have seen on gilmer I believe we will match up just fine. I am very confident that the mustangs will play up to Gilmers awsome team as we have been doing all post season. Something about being underdogs brings out a special determination like have not seen in some time. The mustangs will give gilmer all they want and then some. Good luck to both teams.

GO MUSTANGS!

At the point it's best against the best... If I was say a WOS I would cherish this underdog role. Always makes you hungrier. I have seen WOS twice this year and they have enough speed to play with anyone. That being said, limit turnovers and penalties, and anything can happen.. It helps in having one of the best recruits In the state.. I'm not a gambler, but I would to see WOS whip some butt. I do know a little something about that thing called swagger... And when you have that, anything goes.. And we know the Stangs have the swagger.. 86, 87, 88, 00 (if my memories correct) plus 14... Don't consider yourself out of any game with that tradition. By far the winningest program in SETX since the late 80s. Best of luck.... Take it home.....

Great post. Thanks for believing!

I agree Bumblee97

I'm sending my (2nd nephew by marriage) #23 a shout-out, pride ,skill, and determination will win this game. My concern are the refs. They might feel that entitlement is given to Gilmer, because they are ranked #1 or maybe #2 I'm not sure. My hope is that they let the players from all teams in the playoffs decide their games. Everyone of these teams, have worked hard to get to the Championship Title. We do not need a crew like we had against HJ.

Given the history of Gilmer/WOS and the fact that WOS has a young QB I gotta go with Gilmer, looking forward to watching DT play against top level competition though that kid is one of the best players I've seen at WOS since Deon Beasley.

Given the history of Gilmer/WOS and the fact that WOS has a young QB I gotta go with Gilmer, looking forward to watching DT play against top level competition though that kid is one of the best players I've seen at WOS since Deon Beasley.

Don't forget about Earl Thomas