WOS Mustangs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

tennisbc

Just pointing out that Gilmer didn't score 900+ points on a legit schedule. They're good. Ok. But i think wos has an advantage being where they are going through a much tougher schedule.

Gilmer scored 900+ points on the schedule that was put in front of them by the uil. Not sure how this is not legit.

JUST BECAUSE UIL PUT THAT SCHEDULE IN FRONT OF THEM DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT THAT IT WAS WEAK LOL. THERES NO BEATING AROUND THE BUSH ON THIS ONE.

That's exactly what your doing. You've obviously done your homework as far as schedule is concerned and chosen to leave out all of the playoff games.

If that's not "beating around the bush" than what is it.

Ive noticed on the other board a lot of people call them Gilmer Consolidated. Whats up with that? I figure its a joke but there has to be something behind it.

I'm sure it's probably a reference to recruiting players or having good players move in from surrounding schools. I saw someone call them "Gilmer and surrounding towns" on another post somewhere.

You boys accusing Gilmer of playing a weak schedule are in for a rude awakening. Just look at the last 3 playoff opponents. All highly ranked teams. Scored 41 on Gladewater who was undefeated in the toughest district in 4A, scored 64 on Atlanta(starters say most of 4th) whose only lose was to Gladewater, scored 67 on Celina(starters on the bench in the 4th). That is an average of 57.3 points with subs in the game of two 4th quarters.
If Gilmer doesn't turn the ball over and the starters play the entire game they will hang 50+ on WOS

You boys accusing Gilmer of playing a weak schedule are in for a rude awakening. Just look at the last 3 playoff opponents. All highly ranked teams. Scored 41 on Gladewater who was undefeated in the toughest district in 4A, scored 64 on Atlanta(starters say most of 4th) whose only lose was to Gladewater, scored 67 on Celina(starters on the bench in the 4th). That is an average of 57.3 points with subs in the game of two 4th quarters.
If Gilmer doesn't turn the ball over and the starters play the entire game they will hang 50+ on WOS

Sounds fantastic..... <_<

Gilmer's last 3 games were against teams ranked in the top 6 in the state, according to maxpreps.

Wos had 2. Only giving up 7 points combined. How many did gilmers lowest 2 scoring teams in the top ten give up. 39 points. Now what do think wos is gonna do to gilmer? Actually I think if celina wouldn't have looked like the nba players off space jam that lost their talent they would've scored more.

Wos had 2. Only giving up 7 points combined. How many did gilmers lowest 2 scoring teams in the top ten give up. 39 points. Now what do think wos is gonna do to gilmer? Actually I think if celina wouldn't have looked like the nba players off space jam that lost their talent they would've scored more.

LOL!! Going waaayy back for that analogy.

We also need to keep in mind that WOS was a participant in the most pathetic first round playoff game in the history of ALL sports. If you want to not count playoff wins why don't you not count road wins or home wins? Just make up anything and convince yourself of whatever you want. Gilmer has played 8 teams with winning records and its not debatable. The Ws and Ls are on the record books. You will be counting Gilmer's W on Friday just like you counted the W Navasota put on you a couple of years ago.

Gladewater WAS NOT undefeated, but nice try...

And correct me if I'm wrong, but LaGrange was ranked #2 just behind Gilmer in the final rankings... We beat them 42-7 and LaMarque was 5th, 34-0. I believe HJ was ranked 8th when we played them, 42-21. We manhandled the good teams we played. Gilmer struggled with them.

Gladewater WAS NOT undefeated, but nice try...

And correct me if I'm wrong, but LaGrange was ranked #2 just behind Gilmer in the final rankings... We beat them 42-7 and LaMarque was 5th, 34-0. I believe HJ was ranked 8th when we played them, 42-21. We manhandled the good teams we played. Gilmer struggled with them.

You need to learn reading comprehension. I said GW was UNDEFEATED IN THE TOUGHEST DISTRICT! Go look. That went undefeated in the toughest district. I don't really care what you did against LaGrange, LaMargue and HJ. SETX teams are not as strong as ETX teams. Also, let's talk about what you did against Foster and Newton (a 3A team). Gilmer is undefeated for a reason. Nobody can have a discussion with you because you only want to talk about games you won and not the ones you lost. Then you criticize Gilmer's schedule even though that beat 8 teams with winning records and are blowing out ranked teams in the playoffs. UNDEFEATED now and will be UNDEFEATED after Friday. Talk to you again Friday!