WOS Mustangs vs La Marque Cougars

tennisbc

lets look deeper into this game.
first off lets look at LM #1 very big--YES # 2 very fast backs--YES #3 plays smart football--NO # 4 smart coaching staff--so so #5 passing game-- joke lol # 6 blocking skills -- my be only on the sweeps

now wo-s # 1very big-- no #2 very fast-- so so # 3 playes smart football--yes # 4 smart coaching staff -- one of the best around # 5 passing game very good # 6 blocking skills -- good
if you wish to add to this PLEASE DO

Even though it is pretty torturous to read MightyMouses comments having grown up with Mustang football running through my veins, at some point you have to take a step back and look at the big picture. I am not discrediting any of the teams in years past for accomplishing what they have but whether many of yall want to admit to it or not, we haven't lived up to standards in many of those years. Playoff games which we were the better team (More talent, better coaching, etc.) have slipped by us. At some point we do have to be real with ourselves and understand that 3rd&4th rounds aren't enough with the program that we have, we have to and I am confident that we will eventually get over that hump and make it back to Dallas.

On a side note, Stangs prevail @ Stallworth.

^^^^^^^ Agreed. It's time... To not have turnovers in round 4 (or round 3). IMO, thats the biggest reason we have failed late. 5 against Coldspring, 5 against Navasota (do not think we beat them either way), 7 against Carthage. 

The most recent ones that come to mind is lasts years Carthage game (Give up a first down on 4th and infinity), the Coldspring game in '11 where they ran it right up the middle ALL NIGHT, and of course the Huffman game in '04...I don't think any of those teams where better than us, pretty evenly matched, and we should have won. Chalk up Navasota and Wimberley to being all around the better teams. We will see if we can close the deal this year, I sure hope we can do it! Ill tell you one thing, ill be yelling pretty loud this Friday night in Baytown for my Stangs!!!

I agree with the Carthage game, that one play may have cost us a state championship. It takes not only skill to win state championships, it takes a little luck also. It takes great players making great plays at crunch time. I was at the Ennis game in 2000. I was sitting in the stands knowing which play they were going to run. We just didn't adjust until halftime. We dominated the second half and dang near pulled that one out. Very easily a game we could have won. I think kids being kids (and even the pros do this) sometimes they come out with a lack of intensity or focus. Navasota and Wimberly were just better than us, some others we just came out flat.

Hopefully, the Newton game taught this group something this year.

no sir, you all really believe HJ can beat teams with experience= world beater mentality. what really puts a smile on my face is knowing deep deep inside all of you, you know i'm right. you know HJ is gonna get the brakes beat off them friday, but you think because if i suspect any doubt you fan boys have will give me satisfaction...TOO LATE LOL. you all know deep in your souls, WO-S is in for a battle. this is a measuring stick game. all the my little pony fans have bubble guts knowing they slip up and lose you will never here the end of it and will be off the boards until next season. me???? i have nothing to lose. i know nobody will make it past round 4 and that sits well with setx because they accept mediocrity. well this season was my last accepting this from harrison and the area.until this area makes that dedication change,starting with either coaches changing the way they think and players that are dedicated making football a year round sport. otherwise, get ready for a declining area of good football. again, i ask the question of fans of teams who are sitting at home. how many years are you going to "settle" for the fourth or third playoff spot and bow out rds  1-3?? when are you going to hold coach accountable for what he puts out the field. if we are going to lose the game, it better better be in 3-4 OT's or on a last second hailmary. we all want our teams to go far. but that's all it is. wanting. how about going from wanting to MAKING it happen and letting these coaches and school boards know?? yes, education comes first before ANY football program. after that, start holding these so called coaches responsible for the job OUR tax dollars pay these clowns.

Same can be said of LaMarky Mark..do they measure up to the ghosts of their past or is this years team just a product of an easy district and nowhere near what they are thinking they are. Truth be known, the Mice don't know and those butterflies that are floating around in their players stomach are getting worse the closer to game time. They know they will discover the truth against WOS one way or the other. I would not call three rounds deep mediocre, although, with the number of teams in the playoffs right now I might give you the first two rounds.

^^^^^^^ Agreed. It's time... To not have turnovers in round 4 (or round 3). IMO, thats the biggest reason we have failed late. 5 against Coldspring, 5 against Navasota (do not think we beat them either way), 7 against Carthage.

You nailed it Gas.Champions don't play like this.You do this in the late rounds and you are toast.

first off lets look at LM #1 very big--YES # 2 very fast backs--YES #3 plays smart football--NO # 4 smart coaching staff--so so #5 passing game-- joke lol # 6 blocking skills -- my be only on the sweeps

now wo-s # 1very big-- no #2 very fast-- so so # 3 playes smart football--yes # 4 smart coaching staff -- one of the best around # 5 passing game very good # 6 blocking skills -- good

I would disagree with you on la marque blocking being a "maybe" you dont rack 250 yards a game on the ground without some good blocking from the boys up front. I would say Lm blocking- Good. 

MOUSE LM struggled 1st half score 13 7 half time.

#1 LM offense is a ball control offense. not a quick score. alot of that is due to LM eating clock.

#2 this is the second time the two teams have met this year. unlike bias wos donkey fans, i give credit where credit is due. sweeny made adjustments, but was still to unable to stop LM.in reality, two missed xp by a freshman kicker and not going for the jugular when LM was in the red zone with under a minute left in the game, score could or should have been 28-7.

Mouse, may I ask, with respect, which school's coaching staff you would recommend as a staff for SETX schools to look up to? By this I mean, which program is in the state tournament year in and year out as an example other staffs need to follow.
Also I moved to SETX from north of Austin and the football was not near as good there as it is here.

aledo, katy, allen, desoto, cibalo steele, SLC, lamar, to name a few. like someone  mentioned before, stump was one of those type of coaches. i believe if he stayed at WB, they would for sure be that team to make it 4+ rds every other year or so. bryan erwin, former LM coach is another one.

I think it's time us WOS fans look at the whole picture. #1) it should be a great game. No matter what the mightymouse (or whatever his wife calls him) thinks, both teams should be at their best to win. Only one team will be able to swim in this cement "pound" of victory #2) as long as mightymouth is running his crumb catcher it means no one is in immediate need of a taxi!!

hey, keep my wife out of this. i guess sitting in your moms living room playing C.O.D  is a promising job.

Even though it is pretty torturous to read MightyMouses comments having grown up with Mustang football running through my veins, at some point you have to take a step back and look at the big picture. I am not discrediting any of the teams in years past for accomplishing what they have but whether many of yall want to admit to it or not, we haven't lived up to standards in many of those years. Playoff games which we were the better team (More talent, better coaching, etc.) have slipped by us. At some point we do have to be real with ourselves and understand that 3rd&4th rounds aren't enough with the program that we have, we have to and I am confident that we will eventually get over that hump and make it back to Dallas.

On a side note, Stangs prevail @ Stallworth.

THANK YOU!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! A TRUE FAN, I RESPECT YOUR OPINIONS SIR!!! this is what i was referring to. acknowledge the problem to start with. same thing i have been saying. too much talent around that area to be "satisfied" with the outcome.

That's what I was getting at Kicker.We have done pretty good for the number of kids that come out and play.Going 3,4 rounds deep for years says you have a good program regardless weather you make it to state.We have just ran into teams that were better than us and that ain't no reason to hang your head.

and here it is...the "acceptance of mediocrity", kool aid sipper...why not have a GREAT instead of good program? it's no secret wos do have very good players and can play. dominating that district is no task for them. playing nederland and pn-g, that's easy. i'm not even saying you have to have this monster schedule. however, what is that missing x-factor, as in wos case, holding them back from getting to the next level?? the whole state know what PAM's brick wall is, but nobody is holding kenny ray accountable because he goes to the playoffs and that's fine with the masses...until this year for me.

GUNHO

You made an excellent point when you said “Going 3/4rounds deep in the playoff for years does mean that you have a good program regardless if you make it to state”  I agree because what it says it that the foundation for winning is solid the components are in place to win multiple titles on the state level. Most teams cannot say that they get the opportunity to make those goals a reality. I believe that WOS is blessed to have the kids and leaders who coach and have produced championships, runner up positions, and so many district titles over the years.  IMO the extra push that will lead the team to a state championship is, the extra drive the young men who suit up and take the football field from WOS stay focused, and play with an extra intensity that will propel them to move forward. The Kids will need to raise their level of play, the coaches cannot do it for them. 

what it says the local teams you meet in the first 2-3 rds are TRASH!!  like i stated already. WOS and Newton are the only real battled tested teams in the area. for wo-s when they come across teams with equal or even close to being matched up with them, they struggle. they can't help who they play in the playoffs, but face it, rds 1-3 GENERALLY speaking are cupcake rds for wos. that has NOTHING to do with friday and LM. Usually this match up would have been a rd 4 game.

what is smart football in your opinion? THIS years LM team doesn't  get penalized as much as you may think. they run and run and run and run and pass and run some more, run, run, and SCORE. blocking is pretty darn good. passing game is just used till needed. it was some gripes early in the year that no passes was being thrown or attempted. when they do pass, they normally  MAKE the defense jump offsides(watch friday)for a free wide open pass play. or they  complete the screen play. no they don't throw crossing routes and such, but you have to be specific when you say pass and LM together. vertical passing-NO.  complicated routes- NO.

Yes LM rushes for 250 a game but that's simply because they have played less athletic programs! Wos will match their athletic ability all over the field! HJ was also averaging a crap load of yards running the ball and so was giddings!!! It's obvious that the LM passing game isn't very good and that's why they run so much! You will not beat this wos team with a one dimensional offense! This will be the 5th team wos has faced this year that is a run happy team! They are well prepared!!!

Yes LM rushes for 250 a game but that's simply because they have played less athletic programs! Wos will match their athletic ability all over the field! HJ was also averaging a crap load of yards running the ball and so was giddings!!! It's obvious that the LM passing game isn't very good and that's why they run so much! You will not beat this wos team with a one dimensional offense! This will be the 5th team wos has faced this year that is a run happy team! They are well prepared!!!

ROFLMAO.....LM can't pass smh...don't matter how the ball is moved, LM  will move the ball. the same can be said about WOS cupcake schedule as some wos have already admitted to.