West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

alright, i'm really done. i've stated my case too many times. WOS, great game, great team, deserved win. HJ, tough break, hard fought, and showed for large chunks of the game you can go toe to toe with one of the best in the state. Very proud of the hawks and how far they've come, and very impressed with the stangs and good they are. good luck to both moving forward, and hopefully we meet again in a bigger venue with better refs. I have to get out of this thread before i develop carpel tunnel, or have a seizure, or do both. While I disagree with what the final scoreline should've been, and have gone back and forth with several of you guys, WOS fans absolutely should be proud of their team and feel like their team deserved the win they got. If you've responded to me, i'm not going to read it, because it will only start me up again. time to go sight in the .308 and make sure i'm ready for deer hunting this evening. adios, and God bless. oh, and see you guys in some HJ threads later ;) It's killing me not to go look at the 7 new replies already made.

part of that u got wrong cuz wos is ranked behind hj state and locally lol jk I know what it saying

I wasnt there but let me see if I have this right. Late 2nd qtr wos punts and the ball hits ground and Stangs recover. Refs say it hit hj player. Wos ball and they eventually.score a TD.
2nd half hj closes to within 20-14 and after that wos goes on roll to make it 42-14.
WOS had far more penalties than HJ, right?
HJ fans: Stevie Wonder just edited this post for me and says you might want to focus more on your 2nd half defense as the difference and let go a play that realistically didnt do much to settle the final outcome. You dont know HJ was going run out the clock. What if they wanted to sneak in taking a shot, Thompson reads it and gets an INT return for TD?
Man oh man how you spin the loss then? I can hear it now.
"Our linebackers dog had gas Friday afternoon and well that made Dallas' throws better. Plus umm grass grows in China. We dont win when Beijing has grass. Yall know that, right?"

How are the 22 unanswered points scored by WO-S after HJ scored in the second half accounted for?

Yes, the almighty WOS Mustangs scored 22 unanswered on my Hawks.  Congrats!!!  Most of it was caused by turnovers by the Hawks, which the Mustangs helped cause.  Congrats again!!  

Well i saw where Rockwall was down 13 points going into halftime . Then Rockwall Chris Warren went 1950's Ken Hall on Tyler Lee for 6 scores and 459 yards. Some teams handle adversity in different ways, some take it to the next level and play through it . while other teams dwell on that one play for the rest of the gamein the meantime the game has gotten away from them . You gotta move on to the next play and make plays to stay in the game . Great cornerbacks have to have a short memory , just like great teams cause mistakes are gonna happen in these games .

I wasnt there but let me see if I have this right. Late 2nd qtr wos punts and the ball hits ground and Stangs recover. Refs say it hit hj player. Wos ball and they eventually.score a TD.
2nd half hj closes to within 20-14 and after that wos goes on roll to make it 42-14.
WOS had far more penalties than HJ, right?
HJ fans: Stevie Wonder just edited this post for me and says you might want to focus more on your 2nd half defense as the difference and let go a play that realistically didnt do much to settle the final outcome. You dont know HJ was going run out the clock. What if they wanted to sneak in taking a shot, Thompson reads it and gets anl INT return for TD?
Man oh man how you spin the loss then? I can hear it now.
"Our linebackers dog had gas Friday afternoon and well that made Dallas' throws better. Plus umm grass grows in China. We dont win when Beijing has grass. Yall know that, right?"

Once again you are spot on Gabe.  With the great team WOS has they likely would have caused the TO by HJ, and then scored while HJ was trying to run the clock out.  I am beginning to think the rose colored glasses are being worn by the WOS fans.  And it wasn't the HJ defense that in 2nd half being bad, it was the TO that killed HJ.

I have a new respect for the HJ fans because of their true passion and love for their football team. Too bad we are in the same division. What ever happens I will wish them the best IF they reach a state championship berth. Good luck to all the teams in the Golden Triangle on their way to the playoff. Now you guys are headed my way to H-Town  will be glad to see my mustangs. :) 

How do you know what play HJ was going to run? Did you have a headset on? You are on the staff and have this information? You dont know what they were going to do. You can assume all you like but you also assumed this was the Hawks year but losing by 22 tells me your assumptions can be off.

Okay so let's hug and make up! Who are the playoff opponents for each team! Game is over past is behind us! Let's represent Southeasttexas and kick butt! Anyone know who both teams are playing

How do you know what play HJ was going to run? Did you have a headset on? You are on the staff and have this information? You dont know what they were going to do. You can assume all you like but you also assumed this was the Hawks year but losing by 22 tells me your assumptions can be off.

I never said this was the Hawks year to win district or beat WOS.  Find that I said that and you can prove me wrong.  But I can assure you with WOS only having 1TO left, HJ was gonna take it to half.

Agreed. Do you think running your 1st string running back with under a minute left so he could hit 200 yards was classy when two kneel downs would end it? Do you think doing so might have led to the hawks players trying to crush him? Not excusing the late hits at the end of the game, but I saw taunting from both sides, a punch thrown (or at least a hard two handed shove to the face) by WOS, and emotions get the best of both teams at times. Not sure how HJ is the only team worthy of being called classless in this situation. I thought the whole situation at the end of the game marred what had been a pretty clean, hard fought game.

There was a little too much time on the clock to kneel it just yet. That's why our QB was letting the play clock wind down to almost zero before he snapped it. If we really wanted to, we could have thrown some passes. There was no real attempt to score even though we were deep in the red zone, so let's put that silly implication of trying to run up the score to rest. We could have made a more serious effort to score in that situation, but we did not.

As for dirty play...let us also remember that on the very first play from scrimmage, an HJ player hit our QB out of bounds. THAT set the tone for more antics to come. Thankfully the ref saw it and threw a flag. Shoulda been a few more called on HJ, but they made out with only four slaps on the hand for the entire night.  

The more you post, the more I taste sour grapes.  

wo-s was flaged 14 times for 125 times sure do need to clean that up in a hurry.now then lets forget the flags and talk about about some stuff the mustangs running game,this has been a sore spot most of the year.last night showed HARD WORK pays off good job to the kids and there offense line coach good job keep it up no let downs. hj has a very large line on both sides of the ball made wo-s look little, but this not new coach thompson trys to find large teams to play as dan hooks did in his years at west orange stark. as i said in my post on this game ,the kids had there backs agnest the wall going into this game . first off playing at hj who was comming off a bye week well rested and had a lot of time to get ready for the stings. number 10 ranked team in the state and not lost a game all year.in closeing hats off to the football program over at wo-s 10 dist titles in 11 years as it was said a couples weeks back on espn one of the best coaching staff in the state of texas and it showed last night

Half of that is right, anyway. WOS is still the class of setx, but HJ is a far cry improved from what they've been over the last decade or so.

I agree with that. HJ is a complete different team. A good one at that. Imo, there needs to be some more passing packages out of the Hawks.

the reason i keep coming back on here is not to whine about the punt, although a lot of my issue centers around that play.  What bothers me is those that come on here and act like it wasn't a pivotal play, and want to pretend that WOS just hammered HJ.  There's no way to calculate how the game would've changed had that call not been blown.  clearly WOS scores one less touchdown, because HJ runs the clock out to end the half.  there's no way to factor what happens after that.  maybe the HJ offense doesn't come out to start the 3rd looking like someone just shot their dog?  i can guarantee they don't throw a pick deep in their own territory on 2nd down with 8 minutes to go if they're not down 2 scores.  and if that doesn't happen, maybe they don't fumble which was returned for a score, on a miscommunication where they were clearly in shellshock after the previous score.  impossible to quantify how things would've changed, or the effect that had on the hawks players.  but my main point is that it sure would've been nice had they not had to try and overcome that sort of blown call against one of the best teams in the state.  It galls me when i see the posters who weren't even there say stuff like "same ole HJ", or "WOS dominated them".  WOS looks much more impressive on the field.  Watching dallas scramble and make great passes, and teate bursting through the line was awesome.  much more exciting than HJ taking 3 plays to gain 11 yards.  but the HJ defense more than held their own, getting several 3 and outs.  and the offense scored 21 points against a defense they've averaged about 3 points a game against over the last 10 years or so.  And WOS outgained HJ by less than 60 yards.  I've seen some posters blame this on penalties, but that's simply not true.  WOS picked up a 2nd and 20 and a 3rd and 35 (yes, thats on the hawks defense).  the extra yards they picked up from those penalties actually distorted how evenly the teams gained yards.  truth be told, HJ D made several nice plays on 3rd and maneagable, forcing dallas to throw incomplete passes or stopping WOS RBs at the line.  wOS was more than good enough to win, and likely would've done so anyway.  but don't come on here acting like getting 7 free points at the end of the half, going in up 13, and crushing the momentum that HJ had built up was just no big deal.  HJ held WOS to about 15 yards in 3 drives in the 2nd quarter before the refs gave them an 18 yard field, and had finally broken through against the defense for a score of their own to pull within 7.  the third quarter was played evenly as well.  unfortunately, HJ had to play the 4th down 14, which their offense is not made to do. consequently they turned the ball over, letting WOS put away what had been a very even game from 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter on.  I could live with this a little more easily if they actually SHOULD have been down 14 at that point. 

Those two turnovers by HJ had absolutely NOTHING to do with the punt return call. We got them and capitalized by scoring off them. 

This is a serious Saturday morning hangover. 

I never said this was the Hawks year to win district or beat WOS. Find that I said that and you can prove me wrong. But I can assure you with WOS only having 1TO left, HJ was gonna take it to half.

And you're a prophet who knows the snap would not have been botched?
If you know this, call me. I need info on some nfl action.

If what you say is true then it seems like you may need to focus on some discipline and your wins may be bigger. I have only seen WOS play a couple of times in the past few years I have not thought that they played what some would call dirty, but if you are averaging 4 or 5 unsportsmanlike penalties each game you may want to evaluate some attitudes

We don't "average 4 or 5 unsportsmanlike penalties each game." But refs do get more loose with their flags against us because of our aggressive play. 'Been like that for decades. Our coaches do not tolerate personal fouls and the players guilty of it are always dealt with