WOS vs HJ Halloween Night

bone

My  hope is that we have refs. that will let the young men decide the game. It seems as though when we play teams who finally reach a level where they get past district in some cases, the refs. seem to let things ride when they play WOS. I don't like that. I observed that type of officiating in the Foster game.

I thought the Foster game was officiated OK...not the best, not the worst by far, relative to most high school games. They actually made some holding calls that you never see with the Beaumont chapter. 

Hum, from what  I remember the safety kept lining up offside until they (the refs) finally threw a flag in the Foster game. The Mustangs could have won that game and the Newton game too. Those two hard loses will help the Stangs win this game. I'm not sure but HJ fans have you guys played any team such as the teams the Stangs lost to? I'm just asking?

Hum, from what  I remember the safety kept lining up offside until they (the refs) finally threw a flag in the Foster game. The Mustangs could have won that game and the Newton game too. Those two hard loses will help the Stangs win this game. I'm not sure but HJ fans have you guys played any team such as the teams the Stangs lost to? I'm just asking?

how they could have beaten Newton?

I believe that Newton benefited from a tired, and mentally drained West -Orange Stark football team after the Foster loss. I don't believe their defense or offense is any better than WOS. Timing sometimes work for the next opponent in some case when the better team has not re-grouped from a hard fault lost. If the Stangs had won the Foster game, Newton would have not beat them. Just my thoughts about mental toughness, and regrouping after a loss.

Not an HJ guy but HJ beat Tatum who handed Newton a lopsided loss. So by that theory yes they have as far as Newton is concerned. I still think it's a double digit win for the Mustangs just think that defense is too good. But if WOS offense struggles it will be very interesting.

Just wondering about something. I keep hearing hj fans talk about speed from them that WOS has not seen. Just wondering are these transfer kids? Were they on varsity last year when WOS beat them? Were they on the JV team that WOS beat last year? How many of them are they? Is there 20 speed kids now, or just 1 or 2? Please don't get me wrong, not trying to put hj down, I just see basically the same teams from last year who both have gotten better. Will I say the hj has probably improved more than WOS, yeah i probably will. Question is how many points have they improved? I just don't believe by enough. I do know one thing, WOS can play from behind with their offense, just wondering how much hj can should they get down a couple of scores?

I would not judge our QB by the Newton game. He learned a lot from that game, and I believe is a much better QB than he (or the team) showed that night. I will admit when we allow HF to score 21 against us, this is not the typical Chain Gang defense. I hope they learned something from the halftime adjustments that they made against OF. I can assure you that Coach T and the Stangs have certainly not showed everything they have in their arsenal for this game either. All in all, a hard fought but a couple of TD's win by the Stangs. Turnovers will be key.

Stangx2

I like your post. I really do not know much about this HJ team, I do believe that their whole season is based on beating WOS though. I agree with the point you made that coach T will make adjustments, and the guys will be up for the challenge. Let's not forget the game with PNG, and Jasper, everybody brings their "A" game when they play WOS. If coach moves up some of the JV offense running back in certain plays, they are hungry enough to run over HJ in some spots. I would like to see coach keep fresh legs on certain plays. Maybe HJ  have some new recruits on their team from last year, that will bring all the speed you discussed in your post. ;)   

Stangx2
I like your post. I really do not know much about this HJ team, I do believe that their whole season is based on beating WOS though. I agree with the point you made that coach T will make adjustments, and the guys will be up for the challenge. Let's not forget the game with PNG, and Jasper, everybody brings their "A" game when they play WOS. If coach moves up some of the JV offense running back in certain plays, they are hungry enough to run over HJ in some spots. I would like to see coach keep fresh legs on certain plays. Maybe HJ have some new recruits on their team from last year, that will bring all the speed you discussed in your post. ;)

HJ's whole season is not based on beating WOS. WOS's whole season will be based on beating HJ. If WOS loses district, it's a major letdown for the program. If HJ finishes second and ends the regular season at 9-1, then it's still a banner year for us. The only way WOS defines HJ's season is if it's a blowout that rocks their confidence moving into the playoffs, and I don't see that happening, as HJ did just fine last season, even after taking a beat down from the stangs.

I could be wrong, but Success for both teams equals 50% coaching-50% execution. The team that has the better percentage will win. WOS defines their own success. We will all get our answer this Friday night. I wish I could be there. Go Mustangs BEAT hj.

I think it might be closer to 50% coaching AND execution, 50% player's ability.

WOS coaching staff couldn't win at Houston Scarborough.

Having said that...I think Dubois has done an excellent job at HJ. I think WOS has a little to much tho.

WOS-35
HJ-21

Of course execution from the team.. and 12% luck for a 112% right.Houston Scarborough is a team that I am very familiar with off Antione and 290 here in H-Town. They would like to have any coach from the Golden Triangle come there to bring experience and winning to their school program. The school in Houston- Galveston area that has been problems for WOS in the past besides Lamarque is C.E.King, they have stopped us many times from advancing during the playoffs.

@ Ice

Posted Today, 12:09 AM

What's so funny is how much you HJ fans are trying so hard to make yourselves feel as if you have already won! This game is silly because I have heard all the antics the HJ staff has taken to keep the players minds focused on WOS! Yes your undefeated and yes you have improved, so does that mean we haven't? Get real? We're not downplaying what you have accomplished and I'm actually happy for your kids! Seasons before were complete embarrassment and you have turned it around! I think its so funny that once you stopped being the dang doorstep for the district that now your the king! You run that silly offense that's designed to help the most pitiful programs in the country and now you feel as if we should all just bow down and say that your the best! If you want it then come take it! We're not running away! If you win then it will be the greatest accomplishment your program will ever experience and I will respectfully say congratulations and good game but until then just play the game and relax! No ones wants to read your 89 reasons why you will win this or 89 reasons why you deserve respect just do it and if you do that's cool! If you don't then be respectful as well and say congrats and good luck in the playoffs! It's high school football and anything can happen and on Halloween it's go to be the game to see! My prediction is " Game of the week " Hahahahaha obviously right!!!! 

Some are thinking that HJ is on the same level as Richmond Foster, that is really funny. Richmond Foster was a state ranked school when we played them. They have better talent as in player's than HJ does. My take on  is that WOS will play hard, really hard, the offense will need to stay focused, however, fans in WOS get ready, the ref.s will have their say. 

Some are thinking that HJ is on the same level as Richmond Foster, that is really funny. Richmond Foster was a state ranked school when we played them. They have better talent as in player's than HJ does. My take on is that WOS will play hard, really hard, the offense will need to stay focused, however, fans in WOS get ready, the ref.s will have their say. [/font][/color][/quote]

Ladybug, have you seen HJ play this year?
And as far as being compared to RichmondFoster, I haven't seen that from anyone.
Although, as you pointed out that RF was state ranked, HJ is state ranked in the top five for 4A-D2 in just about every poll out there.
Just about every post I've seen from an HJ fan has said that WOS will be the toughest game we've played all year, for multiple reasons. It's not "season defining" though , as they whipped us last year and we still went three rounds deep.
And you're already starting on the refs? If you already have that mind set then you won't motice the calls against HJ or that help WOS and will only remember the calls against your squad.
Or, are you "setting the table" for some excuses??

Good luck.