Kountze @ buna

texas13

Guest ECBucFan

. Forgot all about EC. Like I said before they don't give any trophies out in October last I checked.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but that would be the worst thing Buna could do. They need to let that painful loss sting for a full week and then use it as fuel next Friday night.

As far as giving out October trophies, no they don't. They do however, give out playoff seedings in October... .

As everyone has said on here Buna has a quality team and no doubt will be ready on Friday night. Last nights game was a loss but was not a 56-0 drubbing by any means. The players executed what plays were called to the best of there ability. Let's not forget this team was 7-0 for a reason very gifted team very physical yes Kountze can beat Buna if Buna fails to adjust. Buna had two drives stall in the red zone yes EC beat us hands down but Buna hung right there all night. With all that said I know Kountze will be ready and are hungry as well but Buna is solid. And Kountze will have to bring there "A" game to beat these Cougars will be another dandy of a game Friday night. Two great teams battling for the better playoff position but if Buna brings it like they always do when the dust settles I think Cougars are just to tough. Can't wait till Friday!!!

As everyone has said on here Buna has a quality team and no doubt will be ready on Friday night. Last nights game was a loss but was not a 56-0 drubbing by any means. The players executed what plays were called to the best of there ability. Let's not forget this team was 7-0 for a reason very gifted team very physical yes Kountze can beat Buna if Buna fails to adjust. Buna had two drives stall in the red zone yes EC beat us hands down but Buna hung right there all night. With all that said I know Kountze will be ready and are hungry as well but Buna is solid. And Kountze will have to bring there "A" game to beat these Cougars will be another dandy of a game Friday night. Two great teams battling for the better playoff position but if Buna brings it like they always do when the dust settles I think Cougars are just to tough. Can't wait till Friday!!!

Totally agree, well said!!

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but that would be the worst thing Buna could do. They need to let that painful loss sting for a full week and then use it as fuel next Friday night.

As far as giving out October trophies, no they don't. They do however, give out playoff seedings in October... .

The last week is in November.. Lol

Guest ECBucFan

The last week is in November.. Lol

You are right. There are 4 games in October, and just one in November, though.

October is 4X more important as far as seedings go.

If Kountze beats Buna then the reality of 3 way tie for second becomes ALIVE. LOL

Ok first of all͵ Kountze will not beat Buna. Second....IF they did and IF EC beats Kirbyville to force a 3 way tie for second͵ then Kirbyville will go as the second place team no matter what the Kountze/Buna score ends up being. ~~ Kirbyville holds a +14 advantage right now. The best Buna could end up with is a +6 (if they only lose by 1 to Kountze) and the best Kountze could do is break even if they beat Buna by 21+ because Kirbyville beat them by more than 21. (For those that don't know, the UIL only recognizes up to a 21 pt difference when deciding tie breakers) So basically, if Kirbyville beats Warren this Fri then the worst they'll end up is #2 and could possibly go #1 with an 11+ pt win over EC.

Ok first of all͵ Kountze will not beat Buna. Second....IF they did and IF EC beats Kirbyville to force a 3 way tie for second͵ then Kirbyville will go as the second place team no matter what the Kountze/Buna score ends up being. ~~ Kirbyville holds a +14 advantage right now. The best Buna could end up with is a +6 (if they only lose by 1 to Kountze) and the best Kountze could do is break even if they beat Buna by 21+ because Kirbyville beat them by more than 21. (For those that don't know, the UIL only recognizes up to a 21 pt difference when deciding tie breakers) So basically, if Kirbyville beats Warren this Fri then the worst they'll end up is #2 and could possibly go #1 with an 11+ pt win over EC.

Kountze would go third with a win over Buna right?

Oops.....forgot to add this ~ Kirbyville could end up #3 IF they lose to EC and Buna wins out. I forgot to add this in my post above^^^ cause, well.....I think the Cats are gonna beat the Bucs. Lol..

lol is correct. If buna put 49 points on kv then the Kats are in trouble. I still have some crow left and will be sure to save it for you.

lol is correct. If buna put 49 points on kv then the Kats are in trouble. I still have some crow left and will be sure to save it for you.

Buna was getting stuffed. They had to do something so they started some hail marys and screens and trick pass plays that Kirbyville was completely unprepared for. EC should start working on a back up contigency plan too cause whatever their game plan is, Kirbyville will be ready for it.

Buna was getting stuffed. They had to do something so they started some hail marys and screens and trick pass plays that Kirbyville was completely unprepared for. EC should start working on a back up contigency plan too cause whatever their game plan is, Kirbyville will be ready for it.

Buna was not getting stuffed. They drove the ball 5 to 10 yards a carry on some plays. Yes they started throwing the ball but that is just smart football. They throw the ball and Kirbyville did not defend it. It was no hail marys buy no means. It's called offense and you have to defend it. LOL Don't try to make excuses. Buna beat Kirby hands down is the game I was at.

Oops.....forgot to add this ~ Kirbyville could end up #3 IF they lose to EC and Buna wins out. I forgot to add this in my post above^^^ cause, well.....I think the Cats are gonna beat the Bucs. Lol..

You think Cats are gonna beat everybody. They are gonna take over the World. LOL You are passionate and a little bias !!!!

??? Buna was not getting stuffed. They drove the ball 5 to 10 yards a carry on some plays. ??? Yes they started throwing the ball but that is just smart football. They throw the ball and Kirbyville did not defend it. ??? It was no hail marys buy no means ???. It's called offense and you have to defend it. LOL Don't try to make excuses. Buna beat Kirby hands down is the game I was at.

You think Cats are gonna beat everybody. They are gonna take over the World. LOL You are passionate and a little bias !!!!

Oh my dear heavenly days....I could not believe this when I first read it. You were AT the Buna/K-ville game and you honestly believe this?? Dude, please for the love of all that is holy go find the game film somewhere because obviously your memory is horrible. Buna was NOT getting 5 to 10 yds on some plays. They got 2 first downs on their 1st possession and then that was IT until the passes started just before half and into the second half. Now, Buna was stuffing Kirbyville when the game first started too, but Kirbyville came out passing for whatever stupid reason and Buna completely shut it down. But omg.....you can't be serious if you think Kirbyville didn't also shut Buna down completely. Once Kirbyville stopped trying to pass (much to the delight of every Kirbyville fan) they ran it down Buna's throat and scored.....then scored again.....all the while, holding Buna in check completely. They were up 14-0 just before half and Buna had no answer. So with a min or two to go before half, they throw this reverse trick hail mary pass something or other and score. Then after Kirbyville fumbled, they did it again with almost the exact same play with 19 seconds left till half to tie the score. Well something must have clicked for Buna because they came out and stayed with the passes. Some were long hail marys, some were screens and some were basic pass plays. But it was their pass that Kirbyville didn't adjust for. Before they started that, Kirbyville was stuffing them on almost every play. I give all the credit to Buna for making the adjustments they did and Buna did win the game deservingly. But it was not 'hands down' as you put it in favor of Buna. It was back and forth and touch and go the whole game AFTER Buna started passing. Before then, when they tried their game plan, Kirbyville dominated. Hats off to Buna coaches and players for not trying to stay with something that wasn't working though.