Kountze @ buna

texas13

for 9 weeks no post were deleted off the pick em threads, but when I post on it... BAM!! you delete it. Coincidence?? I think not

Maybe because Coach didn't ask till now. Some of the comments that are on there do not quote actual picks therefore are not confusing to him. It's tough enough for him to be doing this, let's not make it more difficult with posts that could be taken as picks.

I knew this was going to be a passionate response from WildcatBacker. The first drive Buna drove the ball from around their own 25 yard line to around the Kirbyville 35 or 40 yard line. They had several 5 to 10 yard carries. I still don't understand the pass interference call that they pick up the flag. I was at the fence and it was obvious that the defender was early but the flag was picked up. You make it sound like Buna had negative yardage but Buna did move the ball with the run. They ran a double reverse and passed deep. You call it a hail mary but it was a good play for a touchdown. The other touchdown right before half was a cross pattern not a hail mary for another touchdown. Thats what I saw. Maybe I'm wrong but I did not see Kirbyville just dominate on defense and stop the run. Yes I saw them make some good plays on defense but I also saw Buna move the ball with the run. They did not dominate with the run but they did move the ball. I would like to see the stats for Buna run for the first half. We are obviously are not going to see eye to eye on this but that is what I saw. Dang I hate these long responses. LOL I just think WildcatBacker might be exaggerating a little. LOL :D   

What I'm going by mostly is that Buna never got close to scoring when using the run during that first half. I can't remember if they scored off of any runs in the second half but if they did, they were no doubt set up with good pass plays. You will never hear any excuses from me if we get beat, and we got beat. But I do like to do what everyone else does and try to find the positives that were there and we had plenty of them. One of which was containing Buna for 20+ of the 24 mins in the first half. That's why I feel confident against EC in 2 weeks. Our coaches will be watching film and finding a way to stop whatever it is that EC brings to the table. But if y'all can adjust too in the event we do stop it, then you can pull a Buna and take the win too. Otherwise, straight up game plan against game plan, I just don't see EC winning. I am in no way saying it's a done deal, just my own gut feeling. Lol.. Good luck. I will be there. 

I'm gonna say this...our first 5 games were as physical and tough as they come and we were beat to heck and back...this past Friday we were physically more healthy than at any point thus year and we still had Jayden Cunigan out...just for precaution purposes. This Friday against Buna, Kountze will be 100% top to bottom and I think we will get to see what Kountze playoff ability's look like or at least a glimpse. Buna will be coming off two physical and emotional games...they will be back home and looking for clarity...Kountze will continue their pursuit of consistency and respect. To me this game is very big for each of the programs.

I'm gonna say this...our first 5 games were as physical and tough as they come and we were beat to heck and back...this past Friday we were physically more healthy than at any point thus year and we still had Jayden Cunigan out...just for precaution purposes. This Friday against Buna, Kountze will be 100% top to bottom and I think we will get to see what Kountze playoff ability's look like or at least a glimpse. Buna will be coming off two physical and emotional games...they will be back home and looking for clarity...Kountze will continue their pursuit of consistency and respect. To me this game is very big for each of the programs.

Good post!

What I'm going by mostly is that Buna never got close to scoring when using the run during that first half. I can't remember if they scored off of any runs in the second half but if they did, they were no doubt set up with good pass plays. You will never hear any excuses from me if we get beat, and we got beat. But I do like to do what everyone else does and try to find the positives that were there and we had plenty of them. One of which was containing Buna for 20+ of the 24 mins in the first half. That's why I feel confident against EC in 2 weeks. Our coaches will be watching film and finding a way to stop whatever it is that EC brings to the table. But if y'all can adjust too in the event we do stop it, then you can pull a Buna and take the win too. Otherwise, straight up game plan against game plan, I just don't see EC winning. I am in no way saying it's a done deal, just my own gut feeling. Lol.. Good luck. I will be there. 

Hey I enjoy the debate with ya !!!! Sometimes I might throw out a little BS to spark the debate  :D. I think EC's defense proved that they can be tough on the run and Kirbyville will have their hands full. I also think that EC proved that they can run or pass the ball effectively if needed. We will have to save this debate for another thread. This one is Buna and Kountze. LOL

Wondering which Buna we get...the one that defended the pass and threw the ball against K-ville or do we get the Buna that gave up the pass and could not get anything going??? Does Buna get a Kountze team that has been running a successful air game and semi successful running game, but a defense that has been suspect against the run. I think this game goes big to Kountze if the Kountze defense steps up and if not it's gonna be a track meet that's a late fourth quarter decision. If the K-town passing game is on vacation and we have make the ground game haul the mail...well Buna will walk away with the game. My prediction...Lions have decent success with the air-game and struggle to run. Buna has marginal success with the air-game and runs with decent success against the Kountze D...not gonna even try to predict this score just hope our boys play great, leave it on the field and stay healthy...and obviously come out with a "W"