Ec - buna

wackpack

Buna loves the underdog role from what I have seen most everyone is pretty sure EC will beat Buna, was the same way last week with KVille it fueled the fire last week and is doing the same this week. Not knocking EC by any means always been a  very strong ball club always brings a solid team to the field hard working kids and good coaching. Will be a great ball game no doubt just get to sit back now and watch everyone fan the flames, while Buna gets hungrier and hungrier these Cougars are caged right now. But come Friday night they are going to open the gate down there in Winnie and these underdog Cougars are going to show up and go to work. Anyone that there team is on a bye week ought to come on out and watch a dandy, but don't be surprised when these underdogs come out on top!!!! Lets GO BIG BLUE KEEP ROLLING!!!

The Cougars was caged up but last Friday was let out of the cage.  Your cards have been played and laying on the table.  The element of surprise is lost and now you have to match up against a coach that will be prepared.  This time next week the favorites to win this district will have went from Kirbyville to Buna to now EC! 

And not only setxsports.com but other sites as well most have Buna as the underdog!!

Hmmmmmm....... so SETXsports has Buna as the underdog?

Well let's look at our pickem contest to see what the good folks of SETXsports are picking in this game.

Thru the first 27 members who have posted their picks, 23 are picking Buna, 4 are picking East Chambers. By those numbers, 85% consider Buna to be the favorite. ;)

I fill a strong south wind fanning the flames LOL, & I have no doubt EC will be prepared and there kids will be ready for a battle great coaches and players. But our element of surprise just because we don't throw very much didn't mean we couldn't Kville was not going to let us beat them with the run, and they did just that. That is why teams have QB's and receivers right passing is an element of football so to say Buna passing is a surprise, maybe not the best choice of words it was an element that people haven't seen much. Cant wait to watch these kids go at it love South East Texas high school football.   

Somebody sounds 18 and wet behind the ears. EC has been at the top of the District throne for many years and can never be left out of the discussion.

Until we see otherwise, it's a 3 way race and Kountze / Woodville are pretty salty as well. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, chief. Life lesson

Did a little bit more digging. Talked to some people in the Buna and EC areas. From what I've heard, Buna has been beating teams because of their offense - mainly their run game. Against K-Ville, they had to open up the passing game, and essentially outscored them. Their defense hasn't been able to stop any quality offenses, and you can see that against Center, HF, and K-Ville. If you look at EC, their defense has been absolutely dominant. The most points allowed was against Kountze, and we all know how they can put up numbers. I think maybe EC's defense will be a bit too much for Buna.