Nederland 35 Port Neches-Groves 28/Final

Congrats, Big Ned. You definitely are the kings of this district. I don't know how you do it week in and week out but you get the job done... and against a really good team in a heated rivalry game. Unless someone knocks The Nederland coaching staff unconscious, you'll finish the regular season undefeated. Again, congrats from this Jag fan.

Ps... I won't make the mistake of picking against you any more this year...

Congrats, Big Ned. You definitely are the kings of this district. I don't know how you do it week in and week out but you get the job done... and against a really good team in a heated rivalry game. Unless someone knocks The Nederland coaching staff unconscious, you'll finish the regular season undefeated. Again, congrats from this Jag fan.

Ps... I won't make the mistake of picking against you any more this year...

Eventually, people will realize that Nederland ISD has just as much talent as the other teams. Coaching makes a difference, and the guys at Nederland high school are fantastic, but it's about time we look to the guys on the field for being better.

Soulja, we had this talk towards the end of last basketball season, and I TOLD YOU we were still going to win district! Still some work to be done, but we control our own destiny. How bout them Dogs?

Agree, our players have a mix of talent and toughness that others Dont seem to be able to match. Our kids are just resilient, they keep working no matter the circumstances, and yeah we do have some good players as well. I'm not going to name them, but we have a balance of power and speed that can hurt teams. Plus that Online is playing dominant football as well.

Stat, you've really hit on something with the "wait til this class or wait til that class rolls through", Nederland fans just say, wait until our varsity coaching staff gets whatever we got coming up in their full time possession to work with, magic just seems to happen. It also takes tremendous senior leadership, which Neumann's program seems to create, but this group of seniors is special, they could've easily panicked at 0-3, but they just kept believing in the system, the program, and each other. I would hope Nederland fans wouldn't talk trash, it would diminish just how special this run has been... and it's not over just yet.

Not taking anything away from Neumann because he is a good coach but, Montee Barrow and Delbert Spell are two of the best coordinators in the state. They would even make me look like a damn good head coach.....PNG came out in the first half thinking just because they walked on the field they already won. I am a huge PNG fan but I even saw that. Everybody in Mid County was saying it was PNGs year. Even some of Nederlands players were saying it. Barrows and Spell came up with a great game plan and we could not counter and stop it. I am not taking anything away from our boys at PNG because they fought to the end. But, if we would have came out with the enthusiasim at the start of the game instead of waiting till the second half it may have been a different out come.

Not taking anything away from Neumann because he is a good coach but, Montee Barrow and Delbert Spell are two of the best coordinators in the state. They would even make me look like a damn good head coach.....PNG came out in the first half thinking just because they walked on the field they already won. I am a huge PNG fan but I even saw that. Everybody in Mid County was saying it was PNGs year. Even some of Nederlands players were saying it. Barrows and Spell came up with a great game plan and we could not counter and stop it. I am not taking anything away from our boys at PNG because they fought to the end. But, if we would have came out with the enthusiasim at the start of the game instead of waiting till the second half it may have been a different out come.

I agree.  PNG gave the first half to Nederland. Neuman outcoached Faircloth. Congrats to the Bulldogs! As always, MCM never fails to make everyone hoarse the next day. Great game, kudos to ALL the young men that entertained us last night with thier athleticism. 

PNG better be glad that Nederland sucks or the score could have been much worse.

Had PNG come out the first half like they did in the 2nd half, the outcome would've been different. I don't think anyone underrates Nederland. MCM is a whole different kind of ball game.  Nederland got the win and deserved it. Your comment tarnishes the win by Nederland. #typical

Eventually, people will realize that Nederland ISD has just as much talent as the other teams. Coaching makes a difference, and the guys at Nederland high school are fantastic, but it's about time we look to the guys on the field for being better.

Soulja, we had this talk towards the end of last basketball season, and I TOLD YOU we were still going to win district! Still some work to be done, but we control our own destiny. How bout them Dogs?

I remember tht talk.. but y'all won't beat us in basketball. Lol

Had PNG come out the first half like they did in the 2nd half, the outcome would've been different. I don't think anyone underrates Nederland. MCM is a whole different kind of ball game. Nederland got the win and deserved it. Your comment tarnishes the win by Nederland. #typical

You could not be more wrong. I was the one getting fed up with the nit-picky crapola that always precedes this game. A PNG fan started a thread of the not-so-nice and people started saying how Ned. sucked. My comment was a tongue in cheek in response to the Ned. suck comments. I tarnished nothing. In fact, I'll help them polish that beautiful trophy.

Btw, Ned scored 28 points in the second half so had we matched that in the first half, the score may have been worse.

Had PNG come out the first half like they did in the 2nd half, the outcome would've been different. I don't think anyone underrates Nederland. MCM is a whole different kind of ball game.  Nederland got the win and deserved it. Your comment tarnishes the win by Nederland. #typical

I believe that the comment was directed toward the people that repeatedly said that Nederland sucks, not PNG in general or its fans. In other words, it was in humor just like the comments it was referring to. 

You can say what you want about ifs ands or buts. Fact is as long as there is records, this game will never change. No matter why, it's over and Nederland won. They should have won because they did. I think the nederland folks are correct to talk the trash because everyone counted them out. No one from png can say that before the central game, they gave Nederland a chance. It is what it is. Good job dogs

PNG is NOTnoverrated, they are just getting to the meat of their schedule, its not like Nederland is an average football team. Nederland is just doing what they always do, get better with every game and play their best when it counts the most

I agree that they are not overrated. 

I think the schedule, especially with three district wins by PNG against opponents that are now a combined 2-10 in district, didn't hurt PNG but hurt the fan's opinions on how the game would go. PNG is still a very good team.

The big wins over Lumberton, GCM and Lee gave higher hopes to the fans but PNG did what they should have done with those teams. 

They were terrible for both sides. They called 6 on PNG and 11 on ned, it seemed like a lot more

If there was a "bad" call, it had to be the Krautz TD where they spotted it on the two. The goal line pylon clearly was knocked to the out-of-bounds side. It can't get in that position unless the play came inside and broke the plane. Krautz eventually got the TD, but still, that was a no brainer.

I know I shouldn't complain about the refs because we won, I just like to see the calls made correctly. That is all.