Nederland 35 Port Neches-Groves 28/Final

Great play and coaching from Nederland. I am not sure why Faircloth spent the first half trying to reinvent the offense, but whatever. Halfin haf two or three carries in the first half. Ned was the better team tonight. Poor job by the Indian students as well tossing all the empty baby powder bottles, etc. on the track and field.

At least you drive a Dart...

I stood for the entire game...never sat down....NEVER!!!!!!  Congrats to my DOGS.....such heart and determination......TRUE CHAMPIONS!!!!  PNG section did throw all of the bottles out on the track when they lost game, also turned their backs to us when our team ran out on field at start of game and I think they did it again when we played our school song. A true sport can dish it and take it ...and your students did not display that.  Moving on, another fine job  by our FANTASTIC coach Larry Neumann!  PNG has a dang good team I must say, but not good enough to beat them Bulldogs!  Proud of you boys and let's get focused on our next game.  Celebrate and enjoy guys....you definitely deserve it! Good luck the rest of the way PNG.

Baddog, if you can figure out why we went for it on 4th down, please share it with us. Also Epic onside kick screw up and if I see another pooch kick I will puke.

Only reason I ask is because this is a game of momentum. Taking 3 points there, Ned can claim a moral victory by holding you to a FG. But to come away with 0, the momentum switches very quickly to Ned. Just an observation and I'm sure the coaching staff has its reasons. Maybe they thought FGs were not going to win this game....and it wouldn't have.

It was a great game! Indians played their hearts out and I thought both teams were classy tonight. Faircloth called an aggressive game and it bit him IMO. Neumann was more conservative and I thought Ned was tougher overall. Great football game. Ned won the Xs and Os, but I'm not sure the "Jimmy and Joe" difference was as much as many prognosticators thought. Seay and Krautz are as good as anyone on the PNG roster in my opinion. Sparks and Morse are great, too. Awesome game and awesome atmosphere!

Student section never turned their backs on anyone. If they had they'd a been staring at me and that never happened. The bottles was embarrassing and we let them know. They went down and picked them up. Some of them were yelling at the culprits to knock it off.

GREAT GAME. and great tribute after.
If we run the ball in the first we probably win this one, but no. Sage Seay is a hellova football player. Nederlands gonna miss that kid sumpin' fierce next year. Only time we stopped the dogs in second half was when sage went out injured

Wow what a game.. Congrats to my Dogs on a gutsy win. The defense may not always hold but they showed real gusto last week and again tonight when they needed it most. At half I said PNG was overrated due to their weak schedule, and while I still think it's partly true, they showed some gusto themselves in the 2nd half. Hats off to the boys from across the track. When they execute a gameplan like they did in the second half, they are hard to stop.. Proud of both groups..

As for the trash left over.... Nederland students are the ones that clean the stuff up...

Play of the game was the 3rd down TD pass to put Nederland up 35-28.. Perfect pass and catch...

Faircloth isn't a bad coach... Neumann is just THAT good...

Two questions....why did PNG go for it on 4th down on their first possession?
What happened when the whole PNG line false started, the ref calls unsportsmanlike on Ned, marks off a 5 yard penalty, then makes it 15, then makes it 5 again?

I know. Rather leave it alone

Goodness, I wish everyone would back of coach Faircloth, he and the boys from PNG I'm sure feel bad enough as it is.  He's a good guy and a good coach, just because he's struggled against Neumann, he can get in line for that club, folks need to ease up on the man.  This is not OU / UT as was noted before, these are high school kids.

Nederland 35, Port Neches-Groves 28-Final

Port Neches-Groves Overall: 5-2 District: 3-1
Nederland Overall: 4-3 District: 4-0

Boxscore
Friday October 17, 2014 7:00pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Port Neches-Groves 0 0 14 14 28
Nederland 0 7 14 14 35

Scoring summary

NED --Austin Krautz1-yard run(James Brindza kick), 10:41, 2nd.
NED --Sage Seay31-yard run(James Brindza kick), 10:22, 3rd.
PNG --Kaleb Sparks35-yard passfrom Adam Morse(Brant Dykes kick), 8:32, 3rd.
NED --Sage Seay4-yard run(James Brindza kick), 7:24, 3rd.
PNG --Brant Halfin7-yard run(Brant Dykes kick), 3:42, 3rd.
PNG --Jace Runnels1-yard run(Brant Dykes kick), 11:31, 4th.
NED --Austin Krautz1-yard run(James Brindza kick), 8:57, 4th.
PNG --Kaleb Sparks72-yard passfrom Adam Morse(Brant Dykes kick), 8:45, 4th.
NED --Conner Perkins33-yard passfrom Sage Seay(James Brindza kick), 5:10, 4th.

Team Stats
Port Neches-Groves Nederland
Total yards 429 399
First downs 19 19
Rushes/Yds 25/145 45/202
Average rush 5.8 4.49
Comp/Atts 17/32/1 11/14/1
Pass yards 284 197
Comp pct 53.13 78.57
Fumbles/Lost 0/0 2/0
Penalties-yards 5-35 11-90