Nederland 35 Port Neches-Groves 28/Final

From Crosby right? Come on over and see our trophy case. Got a lot more in it than yours.

Where's the Bi-district champ one from last year?? Oh my bad didn't get one did ya. I was referring to your trophy case for wins this year that pops up in all your posts. Let's not get into a war on words just yet cause there is still plenty of football left but be careful what y'all wish for if you want the Coogs again.

Tough loss for the Indians..... once again. 

Nederland - once again proved to be the better team.  Proud of PN-G for being down 14-0 and coming back to make a game of it. That takes heart. Why we did not run the ball more in the first half is beyond me.  It shouldn't take halftime before you realize that adjustments are necessary.  You have to be prepared in the moment.  Lucky it was only 7-0 at the half.  

It has to hurt Faircloth to know that short of a state championship @ PN-G -- many will always remember him as the first coach in PN-G history to lose 5 straight to Nederland. Hopefully - there will not be a witch hunt to run him out of town.   

Hopefully, we can shake it off and take care of business for the remaining district games.  Best of luck to the bulldogs.  Great kids and support in the Nederland, Port Neches and Groves communites.  

Where's the Bi-district champ one from last year?? Oh my bad didn't get one did ya. I was referring to your trophy case for wins this year that pops up in all your posts. Let's not get into a war on words just yet cause there is still plenty of football left but be careful what y'all wish for if you want the Coogs again.

A war on words? You need to go look at the overall PNG record against the coogs.

We ain't scared.

Sometimes the best defense is a good offense. Neds running game led by Seay ate the clock and limited PNGs opportunities. When your leading rusher touches the ball every snap, and your tail back can tote the mail, it can be difficult  to defend. Dont wanna beat a dead horse but I knew we would run the football last nite, our Oline is arguably our best asset. Indian fans should be proud, they played till the final whistle. Morse is a player. I will take Neumans style of football any day, it suits the Dogs well. Both teams are limited defensively,and will only go as far as there offenses take them.

Guest ECBucFan

0-3 seems like 10 years ago at this point doesn't it.

When Ned was 0-3, I had a discussion with a dejected Bulldog. I told him don't despair, Ned is about to roll.

I also posted here then, "Don't bet against Neumann".

Congrats Ned!

Neumann showed once again that he is by far the best coach around.. Kind of a shame to say it, but he might be better than Hooks. Dan was always loaded with crazy talent, Neumann tends to win and adjust to whatever talent he has.. Seay showed tonight why he is the best QB in the district. I would tend to think after getting momentum for the first time in the night that a ONSIDE kick is extremely bonehead.. But the BF lovers will soon forget about that. It seems PNG fans are fine with losing to Nederland year in year out. But as long as we make it to the playoffs all is forgotten. I laugh because every year you hear wait till those sophomores get up there, or wit till those freshman get up there... Guess what?? It's the same result.. However I will say congrats to Nederland. Class act.... I will also say as I watched the final minutes from the fence, I'm ashamed to see the student section throwing all kinds of stuff on the field in defeat... The faculty and principles where out trying to clean the mess up ? That's from my own eyes.. So people posting about how that didn't happen open up your eyes... It did happen and it's a shame....... 4 undefeated DC in a row is a great feat. Hopefully in the future PNG can step up and win one... Until then Nederland fans if I where you I would enjoy the next year and talk all the trash you want because honestly...... You deserve it...

Stat, you've really hit on something with the "wait til this class or wait til that class rolls through", Nederland fans just say, wait until our varsity coaching staff gets whatever we got coming up in their full time possession to work with, magic just seems to happen.  It also takes tremendous senior leadership, which Neumann's program seems to create, but this group of seniors is special, they could've easily panicked at 0-3, but they just kept believing in the system, the program, and each other. I would hope Nederland fans wouldn't talk trash, it would diminish just how special this run has been... and it's not over just yet.

Neumann showed once again that he is by far the best coach around.. Kind of a shame to say it, but he might be better than Hooks. Dan was always loaded with crazy talent, Neumann tends to win and adjust to whatever talent he has.. Seay showed tonight why he is the best QB in the district. I would tend to think after getting momentum for the first time in the night that a ONSIDE kick is extremely bonehead.. But the BF lovers will soon forget about that. It seems PNG fans are fine with losing to Nederland year in year out. But as long as we make it to the playoffs all is forgotten. I laugh because every year you hear wait till those sophomores get up there, or wit till those freshman get up there... Guess what?? It's the same result.. However I will say congrats to Nederland. Class act.... I will also say as I watched the final minutes from the fence, I'm ashamed to see the student section throwing all kinds of stuff on the field in defeat... The faculty and principles where out trying to clean the mess up ? That's from my own eyes.. So people posting about how that didn't happen open up your eyes... It did happen and it's a shame....... 4 undefeated DC in a row is a great feat. Hopefully in the future PNG can step up and win one... Until then Nederland fans if I where you I would enjoy the next year and talk all the trash you want because honestly...... You deserve it...

Classy post. It was a helluva game. Hats off to the Indians as well. I never felt like we had that game in hand. As for the students, I think both sets of kids have done things thru the years that the community isn't proud of. This is by far the greatest high school sports rivalry in the state!

Here you go let me help you out:

~~TROPHY CASE~~

1. Feather Pillow - plucked from a Falcon PNG 38 Clearlake 13
2. Good Luck Horseshoe PNG 27 WOS 33
3. 1 Bulldog in the Kennel (company coming soon) PNG 53 TCH 20
4. New Feather Headdress - plucked from a Gander PNG 56 Baytown Lee 7
5. 1 Scalped Patriot PNG 47 GCM 20
6. L Train Derailed PNG 55 Lumberton 10
7. Injuns mauled by Dogs while off Reservation NED 35 PNG 28

I just read the umpteen pages of this thread and I'm bothered about the poor sportsmanship shown by some fans from both sides. The boys on the field led by example; we should take a lesson from them.
Getting past that, this ballgame was classic MCM! Both teams gave it their all and Big Ned was the better team and victor last night. Great game and best of luck to the Bulldogs and our Indians. May we both have an extended post-season!

Im here to eat crow come on with it . I like mine in Gumbo. Sorry im working t/a !3 hrs a day. come on with it I will be back later lol. Great Game by The Dogs congrats on the win. Once Again BF has a brain fart, I have to question an onside kick giving great field position at our 45 to the Dogs. Still Scratching my head on that one. Sage played like a general out there. Got to go for now but ill be back lol