Nederland 35 Port Neches-Groves 28/Final

It all started when Faircloth went for on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal. That gave the Nederland the mometum in the game. So in reality PNG screwed themselves bad with that one.

Oh, here come the excuses.  And it didn't have anything to do with Ned shutting down that offense in the first half?

Great play and coaching from Nederland. I am not sure why Faircloth spent the first half trying to reinvent the offense, but whatever. Halfin haf two or three carries in the first half. Ned was the better team tonight. Poor job by the Indian students as well tossing all the empty baby powder bottles, etc. on the track and field.

I have said this before and will say it again, Faircloth has a good system but makes bone head decisions. Why we didn't run in the first half is beyond me. We come out in the 2nd half running the ball and mixing it up Nederland does not stop us. Then all of a sudden we stop running again. Frustrating. Sage Seay is the beast we were worried about.

Unbelievable game for two weeks in a row for the Dogs! This game is as advertised. It doesn't get more exciting than this.

Way to go Dogs. You played against another explosive offense and held your ground just enough to win. Very proud of this team for not letting the momentum get away from them.

NEDERLAND BULLDOGS......WINNERS OF THE FIRST BUM PHILLIPS TROPHY!!!!

Wow!!! The only thing that could have made that game better would be a "W" for the Indians. I hate it for those who had to miss it. That first half was definitely off. We didn't even look like the same team. The second half was what I expected from both sides completely. I knew it'd come down to a TD or less, I was just wrong about who would be on top. A very well deserved congrats to the bulldogs. What a GAME!!