how deep will OF-HJ-WO-S go in the playoffs

skipper

Thanks Goblin

I enjoyed reading your post, and I believe you are correct when you said"the last two teams that knocked us out of the playoffs won the sate championship". Navasota, and Coldspring. Navasota's game lasted for a long time in my eyes. Before I could sit in my seat, I can only remembers' # 4 , 9 and 15, and they were having their way running the ball. How does the UIL distribute the crowns are there 2 or 4 championships give out? in our region.

"Impressed" and "respected" are two different words with two different meanings. griff: find a post where I said "WOS is not respected". Find ONE. Let me know if you need further clarification on the definitions.

"Impressed" and "respected" are two different words with two different meanings. griff: find a post where I said "WOS is not respected". Find ONE. Let me know if you need further clarification on the definitions.

Straining at a gnat. 

"the state is not impressed with their very local accomplishments"...that says plenty about disrespect. It exists in your eyes, but not with coaches and fans across the state. 

You despise WO-S and setx teams in general. We get it. Everything you say is understood through that motive. Just do us all a favor and stop trying to deny it. Your credibility is ruined enough already.  

Ok griff, you can believe that the earth is flat but it is still round. Make it out of the region and the state will be impressed. Win the district and get beat by a non-setx team and you will have impressed the local setx community. Just get it done on the field and you can shut me up and impress everyone in the state but don't go losing to Newton, HJ and any others or I will be right here. you have the talking done, time get it done on the field. Get out of the region.......  

Ok griff, you can believe that the earth is flat but it is still round. Make it out of the region and the state will be impressed. Win the district and get beat by a non-setx team and you will have impressed the local setx community. Just get it done on the field and you can shut me up and impress everyone in the state but don't go losing to Newton, HJ and any others or I will be right here. you have the talking done, time get it done on the field. Get out of the region.......  

I'm not concerned about impressing the state or you. The WO-S reputation is intact, just as I described about the Kilgore and Carthage coaches, and that's just one example. I've talked with a number of coaches in the Houston area who play in 3A - 6A and to a man they all think highly of WO-S, their accomplishments, and coaching staff. You're the one who has been mostly critical and unimpressed. I really don't care that you think that way. I'm just making the point that your consistent negativity towards WO-S and setx teams is so obvious, yet in the same topic you try to deny it. That's all I was trying to say in your direction. Nevertheless, whether WO-S gets out of the region or not this year, I believe your future remarks will continue in the same tone. That's been the pattern of your commentary on this site. 

I'm not concerned about impressing the state or you. The WO-S reputation is intact, just as I described about the Kilgore and Carthage coaches, and that's just one example. I've talked with a number of coaches in the Houston area who play in 3A - 6A and to a man they all think highly of WO-S, their accomplishments, and coaching staff. You're the one who has been mostly critical and unimpressed. I really don't care that you think that way. I'm just making the point that your consistent negativity towards WO-S and setx teams is so obvious, yet in the same topic you try to deny it. That's all I was trying to say in your direction. Nevertheless, whether WO-S gets out of the region or not this year, I believe your future remarks will continue in the same tone. That's been the pattern of your commentary on this site. 

Exactly.

So A Huffman Hargrave fan is telling a WOS fan to "get it done on the field" and get past the regionals???
Hmmm

So A Huffman Hargrave fan is telling a WOS fan to "get it done on the field" and get past the regionals???
Hmmm

yes, he seems to be only a fan of himself and his comments, if I remember correctly, it was the same rhetoric as last year when WOS made the playoffs.

Again, I last saw a Huffman game in 1988 so attempting to bother me with Huffman talk will be to no avail. I have also stated that I am not here to make friends but I have made several. WOS is the best 4A team in SETX on a yearly basis. They are not one of the best teams in the state on a yearly basis. If you want me to say otherwise you will have to make it of the region. Attempting to compare yourself with Huffman, HJ, HF, OF is a smokescreen as you cannot compare yourself with the teams that have been identified previously in this thread.

Pounding your chest and taking pride about getting beat by Carthage, Coldspring, Navasota, Wimberly and everyone else does not make you a state power. There is a long list of teams that get by these superior programs each year. WOS is not a state power as proven by no championships since 1987 and only three trips out of the region since then. WOS was state power in the 80s. WOS is the best team in SETX and nothing more. I get that you hate it and that your dream never comes true and that you really want to be a state power. Fortunately you will have a chance coming up in a few weeks put me in my place and produce some results. 

In my opinion, I'd rather be matched up against La Marque than La Grange. If you look at LM's strength of schedule, they really haven't played anybody. Then take a look at the one loss, it's to Texas City, the only quality opponent they've faced. Maybe you can make a case that they played well in the Sweeny game, but other than that, they have played really bad teams. I'd like to see OF or HF give them a run for their money. If HF can upset OF, then I think OF can bring La Marque down. Now La Grange, well, good luck to whoever crosses their path first. I could only see maybe three games that they played bad teams. One of their wins came against La Vernia, easily a top 5 school in 4A-DI, maybe even better than that, and they beat them by two scores. Their smallest margin of victory was to a decent Liberty Hill team, by SEVENTEEN POINTS!!!!! I just hope they get upset long before any of our guys see them!!!

Your opinion really doesn't matter. I don't think anyone cares about putting you in your place or impressing you. You and ozenfinest are the two that stalk WOS threads....that is all.

How is anything he said opinion? WOS is a good team. They are the best team in SETX on a yearly basis. If they were a state power NOW they would be getting out of the region. How is that opinion?

I think WO-S, HJ and OF all will do us proud in the playoffs.  If they don't get out of the region, so be it.  I personally think one will win region 3.  As far as 89Falcon goes, he is irrelevant, I've actually started skipping over his posts.  He talks like a man with a wooden neck.  In 2012 and 2013 if only WO-S could have beaten the state champion they would have got out of the region.  Just keep getting that far guys, someday you'll break thru.

We don't care what 89falcon said. His opinion doesn't matter. He said WOS is the best team in SETX, he doesn't know what he is talking about.

He said WOS didn't make it out of the region, wahhhhh, booohooo. He said that teams winning the state championship are better than us, wahhhh, booohooo. Cry me a river.

Again, I last saw a Huffman game in 1988 so attempting to bother me with Huffman talk will be to no avail. I have also stated that I am not here to make friends but I have made several. WOS is the best 4A team in SETX on a yearly basis. They are not one of the best teams in the state on a yearly basis. If you want me to say otherwise you will have to make it of the region. Attempting to compare yourself with Huffman, HJ, HF, OF is a smokescreen as you cannot compare yourself with the teams that have been identified previously in this thread.

Pounding your chest and taking pride about getting beat by Carthage, Coldspring, Navasota, Wimberly and everyone else does not make you a state power. There is a long list of teams that get by these superior programs each year. WOS is not a state power as proven by no championships since 1987 and only three trips out of the region since then. WOS was state power in the 80s. WOS is the best team in SETX and nothing more. I get that you hate it and that your dream never comes true and that you really want to be a state power. Fortunately you will have a chance coming up in a few weeks put me in my place and produce some results. 

I think being in the final 8 teams the past two years and final 16 I believe the year before does. That is all.

There is no need to convince as the  record speaks for itself. WOS is the best 4A program in SETX. State championships are not on the radar as you indicated and there is nothing to be ashamed of in making the playoffs every year. WOS even has particularly good years as you have correctly identified where they advance a round or two in the playoffs. The point of the discussion is that WOS is not on the level with the elite programs that actually compete for state championships beyond the regional level and this is also illustrated by the on field results. I agree 100% that it is "not bad at all".