Nederland vs PNG ----- Bet!!

I would not be surprised to see PNG beat Nederland and Central beat PNG, not saying it will happen but this district has had some unusual twists over the years.

We had a tie like that my freshman year, 2007. PN-G had beaten Lumberton, who beat Dayton, who beat PN-G. All three teams were 6-1 in district. That was the year that snapped Nederland's playoff streak.

This is a real good comment to make. And the people on this site that actually try to have intelligible conversations wonder why people think this message board is full of immature idiots, who don't know what they are talking about.   So FutureDog, thank you for your wonderful comment.

My point is this thread is about MCM--something you probably can't understand! So go pound your 21-5a chest on some other thread...

My point is this thread is about MCM--something you probably can't understand! So go pound your 21-5a chest on some other thread...

For your information Im a Nederland graduate I go with my heart and think with my brain when it comes to sports. Do I want Nederland to win every game? Hell Yeah! I pick them every week in my pick'em. So your assumption of me being from 21-5A are wrong. I just get out of the area more and see that SETX isn't that great this year compared to the other districts around us.

we aren't scared just sittin here listening to yall toot your horns.You pulled out a lucky win and all of a sudden your confidence builds. But you gave up 36 points and 0ver 500 yards of offense to the other team. I'm just curious if yall will show up after we come into the dog pound and wreck shop. Your defensive coordinator will be up late all week scratching his head on how he is gonna stop this offensive machine coming your way.   It will be a long night for him. I am here ready to discuss so let the discussing begin. The Bulldog faithful believe we haven't played anyone worth playing, well I believe your defense is weak and we are gonna exploit it often and all night. You have the home field advantage and are living in the past. This is the now and the war drums are coming from the other side of the tracks so bring your best game and we will bring ours. Friday night there will only be one undefeated team in District and im saying it will BE PNG. To be the champs you have to beat em so get ready its coming!!!

we aren't scared just sittin here listening to yall toot your horns.You pulled out a lucky win and all of a sudden your confidence builds. But you gave up 36 points and 0ver 500 yards of offense to the other team. I'm just curious if yall will show up after we come into the dog pound and wreck shop. Your defensive coordinator will be up late all week scratching his head on how he is gonna stop this offensive machine coming your way. It will be a long night for him. I am here ready to discuss so let the discussing begin. The Bulldog faithful believe we haven't played anyone worth playing, well I believe your defense is weak and we are gonna exploit it often and all night. You have the home field advantage and are living in the past. This is the now and the war drums are coming from the other side of the tracks so bring your best game and we will bring ours. Friday night there will only be one undefeated team in District and im saying it will BE PNG. To be the champs you have to beat em so get ready its coming!!!

We shall see. PN-G is the favorite. We have been hearing since week 2 how bad y'all are gonna beat us.?Why do y'all get mad when we say that y'all are the favorite now? It's a compliment. But, we will go ahead and play the game anyway. After all, the Seahawks were FAVORED to beat the Cowboys today...

As for our "weak" defense, they shut Central out in the 2nd half last week and stopped 4 downs inside the 2 to seal the game. I don't know if we will win this game or not this week, but I think Central will beat y'all.

Pressure is on y'all. We got the streaks that will inevitably end at some point. Faircloth has won 20% of his games vs. Neumann and has the horses to win on paper. So did Central, so let's play. Should be a good one.

we aren't scared just sittin here listening to yall toot your horns.You pulled out a lucky win and all of a sudden your confidence builds. But you gave up 36 points and 0ver 500 yards of offense to the other team. I'm just curious if yall will show up after we come into the dog pound and wreck shop. Your defensive coordinator will be up late all week scratching his head on how he is gonna stop this offensive machine coming your way.   It will be a long night for him. I am here ready to discuss so let the discussing begin. The Bulldog faithful believe we haven't played anyone worth playing, well I believe your defense is weak and we are gonna exploit it often and all night. You have the home field advantage and are living in the past. This is the now and the war drums are coming from the other side of the tracks so bring your best game and we will bring ours. Friday night there will only be one undefeated team in District and im saying it will BE PNG. To be the champs you have to beat em so get ready its coming!!!

Lol. Tell us how you really feel....

Don't I always lol. My thinking is a lot like yours, a lot of these posters seem to forget the pre-Neauman years when they were begging for a win. I have toned it down quite a bit with age, but every now and then enough is enough. I remember back in the day when the kids ran around both towns throwing eggs, hiding in Hebert woods with a couple of dozen, or water balloons. Tearing up school property, burning fields, cutting down totem poles, etc. This rivalry has come along way and the coaches have changed talent wise tremendously. Its all good just ready for the game, should be a great night of football.

Don't I always lol. My thinking is a lot like yours, a lot of these posters seem to forget the pre-Neauman years when they were begging for a win. I have toned it down quite a bit with age, but every now and then enough is enough. I remember back in the day when the kids ran around both towns throwing eggs, hiding in Hebert woods with a couple of dozen, or water balloons. Tearing up school property, burning fields, cutting down totem poles, etc. This rivalry has come along way and the coaches have changed talent wise tremendously. Its all good just ready for the game, should be a great night of football.

I think its funny that most PNG posters want to forget the Neumann years....  and PNG wasn't exactly tearing it up in the 80's or most of the '00s either.

I dont forget the Neumann years.. As I have said before he is the best thing that has happened to Nederland....... Just dont forget about the Pre-Neumann era as well. Things can change in a hurry.. PNG has seen plenty of success, and then it can go all to, well you know.... Kinda like your statement, we where on fire in the 70s, horrible in the 80s, on fire late 80s and early 90s, one coaching change can kill you.. You cant have a rivalry if its one sided, so im glad Neumann is around.....

I find it funny, we always compliment Ned on their coaching staff and they in turn have nothing but negativity about ours lol. The coach is only as good as his players productivity on the field. Every school goes thru it where the talent just isn't there. Prime example 2012 was a fore sure down year for PNG talent wise. Amazing what 2 years will do for a program. Last years Ned Defense line was stacked along with their secondary. With, Kimler and seay in the secondary and the big guys up front they were getting it done. This year it is a different story. Gonna be interesting to see how they match up on the field. 1 moe day to wait, looks like we will be blessed with some beautiful weather.

I think Nederland fans have not give Faircloth enough credit, he is a solid coach, his defensive coordinator the year of the Wild Dog gave him a bit of a bad wrap when they never adjusted to it.  Hey everybody learns, and that one probably was a good learning experience.  I don't think there is as big of a coaching gap as we would like to think there is.  This PNG / Nederland rivalry should be highly contested over the next 4-5 years, should be fun.