Nederland vs PNG ----- Bet!!

I'm not gonna lie the refs were horrible, and I will leave it at that. So you talk about whom we have beat, and your win over vidor and ozen was champion caliber, please. These next two weeks will shed a lil light on what's what. Yes we have Lumberton, and when its all done we will have played all the same teams, so what will your excuse be then. We all know the three best teams in our district. FOURTH is up for grabs, still think it is ozens, maybe gcm. Who knows. Ned has a target on their back two fold lol, Central was the last win against yall and wants to end your district win strict, same as us. Then your 4 year and a row win streak against us. NED has been very resiliant since Neauman, but I think we gonna get over that hump this year.

bigdog...

PURPLE 4EVER left Dayton in 2013.  I am now at George Ranch.  Make no mistake...  George Ranch would steam roll any team east of the Trinity.  EASILY!  I saw PN-G play against Lee.  The QB is pretty impressive and has two AWE-some receivers.  I doubt PN-G's defense could stop the George Ranch offense, just way too much speed and size.

Big game for George Ranch Friday when they play Foster (two teams currently in state rankings).

Back to Mid-County Madness, I so miss these big games.  Traylor Stadium (LCISD's Stadium) only holds about 8,000.  They are telling the students at the schools people may be turned back due to a capacity crowd. 

Good luck to both the Bulldogs and the Indians...  As a PN-G graduate who experienced the playoff run from 1974 to 1977, I am pretty biased when it comes to Nederland and PN-G.

Boy y'all are naive. Can't y'all see how this drama plays out?The guys in striped suits won't let Central beat Ned and mess up their district record before MCM, especially before that shout out during the NFL game. Why you should take ned in the pickem's. Good luck Friday Jags, you're gonna need it....

I'm not gonna lie the refs were horrible, and I will leave it at that. So you talk about whom we have beat, and your win over vidor and ozen was champion caliber, please. These next two weeks will shed a lil light on what's what. Yes we have Lumberton, and when its all done we will have played all the same teams, so what will your excuse be then. We all know the three best teams in our district. FOURTH is up for grabs, still think it is ozens, maybe gcm. Who knows. Ned has a target on their back two fold lol, Central was the last win against yall and wants to end your district win strict, same as us. Then your 4 year and a row win streak against us. NED has been very resiliant since Neauman, but I think we gonna get over that hump this year.

The little engine that could!!! keep trying and maybe someday!!! lol

And likewise please use the fact that PNG has not beaten anyone yet (and Nederland has ) as a measuring stick.

No one said anything about comparing quality wins between PNG and Nederland. I simply listed the opponents PNG has played. In the past 5+ years this is probably the lowest SETX football has been a while, but if you can't see that then you haven't been attention the past couple of years. So what Im trying to say is that PNG is winning in a down year against sub par teams at best. Im glad PNG is winning finely but don't act like yall are the champs now and are gonna pound Nederland in 2 weeks.

So it's a down year with all the talent PNG and central has... Just can't stand to admit that PNG might be better than poor old nederland...have to come up with some excuse about the football being down this year

I for one will admit both Central and PNG is loaded with talent,,,,anyone can see that!! Both teams will be very hard to beat. Central on paper, and what they have running on the field is by far the most player talented team in our district. They still have to put it all together as a team this Friday night. Same goes for PNG. I still like my Dogs and still think they can hang with anyone in district....

Who PNG has played has nothing to do with how good they are. Somebody from Nederland posted earlier that they saw this team coming back when Morse was a freshman. Those in the know, understand how good this PNG team is, does no good to try and qualify their wins.

BINGO. Its now about the talent level at PNG and what BF can accomplish with them. Much like what Neuman has been able to do the past several years with a plethera of talented Bulldogs. Neumans best coaching jobs was when he was down in talent or lost key kids with injuries in my opinion. Thats when he is at his best. The guy and his staff are great game planners when the chips are down. Which should make for a couple great Friday nights the next few weeks.

Who PNG has played has nothing to do with how good they are.  Somebody from Nederland posted earlier that they saw this team coming back when Morse was a freshman.  Those in the know, understand how good this PNG team is, does no good to try and qualify their wins.

I did say that I saw them getting better this year. What I didn't say was that they would beat Nederland. I won't even say that Nederland will beat PNG. In this game its all up in the air until the last second ticks off the clock. It will be a very exciting game without a doubt.

I love the rivalry...the BEST in Texas as far as I'm concerned! But what I love more, is watching the FINEST young men in TEXAS, on both teams, play with all their  HEARTS to our entertainment one time each year during MCM.  I graduated from Newton, so purple runs deep in my veins, and my first taste of a PNG game, when I heard the war drums, I was hooked. When my son was the Indian Spirit for PNG, he dated the girl who was BIG NED for Nederland. Those kids showed nothing but respect for each other, did several stints together, she in her BIG NED costume, my son in full headdress and regalia.  I say all this for a reason, I know it's all fun leading up to MCM, however, let's don't lose sight of these fine young people from Nederland and Port Neches-Groves, go out and entertain us on that special Friday night in Southeast Texas. Many of these kids read these posts. It's okay to disagree, but not become disagreeable with personal insults and attacks. Best of luck to Nederland. Best of luck to PNG. Again, I feel these are two of the BEST teams in the state of Texas!

Ok, you can go play with your own "balls"!

This is a real good comment to make. And the people on this site that actually try to have intelligible conversations wonder why people think this message board is full of immature idiots, who don't know what they are talking about.   So FutureDog, thank you for your wonderful comment.