what team are teams will be the road block for wo-s to win dist

skipper

just asking i feel sure the mustangs might have there hands full with a few teams

WOS will easily handle the district. They could see an inspired struggle from someone along the way but they will win. They will however, likely get beat by the superior non-SETX teams in the region such as those from district 11 or 12. The HISD district is among the greater jokes of all time. But they do have a much better chance to win the region than in years past. The new alignment helps the WOS cause tremendously.

WOS will easily handle the district. They could see an inspired struggle from someone along the way but they will win. They will however, likely get beat by the superior non-SETX teams in the region such as those from district 11 or 12. The HISD district is among the greater jokes of all time. But they do have a much better chance to win the region than in years past. The new alignment helps the WOS cause tremendously.

Just which one of the district 11 or 12 teams will beat WO-S?

District 11

Caldwell

Giddings

La Grange

Salado

Smithville

District 12

Bellville

Columbus

Royal

Sweeny

Wharton

Hardin-Jefferson will be the Stangs only threat in district.

This game will be closer than most expect. I still have WO-S by 13.

I agree WOS by 13 in the first quarter in route to a 30-40 point win. Honestly, if  injuries and grades are not a problem they are far and away better than any team in the district.

Just which one of the district 11 or 12 teams will beat WO-S?

District 11

Caldwell

Giddings

La Grange

Salado

Smithville

District 12

Bellville

Columbus

Royal

Sweeny

Wharton

I will not be surprised if WOS wins the region. The term "likely" may have been a reach. 11 and 12 are definitely superior districts though WOS should be able to compete with the best of them. WOS will definitely benefit from the new alignment. LaMarque is question mark.

WOS should win the district easily. Right now there are small problems on defense but those will be fixed as the season goes on. IMO the biggist issue WOS has is throwing the ball down field. In both scrimmages the majority of our passes go no further than five yards past the Los. Every now and then we throw a deep pass to Thompson. I was hoping to see both quarterbacks get a chance to show if they can make the throws.

WOS should win the district easily. Right now there are small problems on defense but those will be fixed as the season goes on. IMO the biggist issue WOS has is throwing the ball down field. In both scrimmages the majority of our passes go no further than five yards past the Los. Every now and then we throw a deep pass to Thompson. I was hoping to see both quarterbacks get a chance to show if they can make the throws.

One thing to pay attention to is how secondaries play our receivers. In both scrimmages they played about 6 to 7 yards off our receivers. It makes it a little difficult to go deep as much as we'd like to. I think moving forward, we need to develop that short passing game, because it will open up so much more for us.

One thing to pay attention to is how secondaries play our receivers. In both scrimmages they played about 6 to 7 yards off our receivers. It makes it a little difficult to go deep as much as we'd like to. I think moving forward, we need to develop that short passing game, because it will open up so much more for us.

You missed my point. Every one plays off of wos They always did out of respect for the speed. I wanted to see WOS run some slants or square in's. Anything that requires timing and goes to the middle of the field. WOS very seldom throws the ball to the middle of the field. If you watch closely you will see that other teams give us everything between the hash marks because they KNOW wos doesnt throw there. a friend of mine told me that wos dosnt throw there because Thompson is afraid of turnovers. So most passes are short and outside or long and outside. That way you have the sideline to bail you out.

You missed my point. Every one plays off of wos They always did out of respect for the speed. I wanted to see WOS run some slants or square in's. Anything that requires timing and goes to the middle of the field. WOS very seldom throws the ball to the middle of the field. If you watch closely you will see that other teams give us everything between the hash marks because they KNOW wos doesnt throw there. a friend of mine told me that wos dosnt throw there because Thompson is afraid of turnovers. So most passes are short and outside or long and outside. That way you have the sideline to bail you out.

Only 3 possible scenarios when you throw a pass...and 2 of them are bad.

And obviously you missed my point. WOS has the most talented duo of receivers in SETX. Both had over 800 yards receiving last year. Granted, we don't have the same quarterback we had last year. You have to take advantage of the short passes if the other team is going to give it to you all night. It opens everything else up. Everyone knows that.

as dan ray hooks has said time after time give me a team that can avg 4 yards per down  and i will show you a 10-0 team..the two practice games agnest nederland and vidor means just that practice. come friday night at LC-M  we will see  what all the talk is about the mustangs special  teams play  tons of speed and good downfield blocking just hope the yellow flags  dont go flying. to me watched both practice games and the flags killed there drives just ask other mustangs they will tell you the same thing .

I agree Gabe.  HJ is not the same team most of us saw early last season.  They were a different team at the end of the season and through three rounds of the playoffs.  Fairfield, the team that beat them was in the 3A State Finals last year, losing to Argyle late by 5 points.  Anyone underestimating HJ does so at their own peril. WOS is in great shape to make a run through this district, but a key injury to either team could change the fortunes of either  team, making this an interesting game.  

I agree Gabe.  HJ is not the same team most of us saw early last season.  They were a different team at the end of the season and through three rounds of the playoffs.  Fairfield, the team that beat them was in the 3A State Finals last year, losing to Argyle late by 5 points.  Anyone underestimating HJ does so at their own peril. WOS is in great shape to make a run through this district, but a key injury to either team could change the fortunes of either  team, making this an interesting game.  

i agree

Simple Yes or No question. If HJ beats Jasper next week, would that change your opinion on the potential outcome between HJ and WOS? Just Yes or No.

cant base it off just that if you choosing that game. Gotta see how WOS does vs Jasper too. Common opponent this yr.