Which 22-5A Team advances past Rd1 of playoffs & why would you make this assessment?

Peaked... In my context, i mean they 'topped off' at mediocrity...

So that I understand you correctly. You are saying that Nederland's best was still mediocre. Correct?

If so, WOW!!!! 18 playoff appearances in last 20 years is mediocre in Soulja's eyes.

Curious, what does that make Central the last 20 years?

reeeealllyyy....  Ok, lets compare.

Ned :

3rd round  - 6 times

4th round - 2 times (one was a semi-final - 2001)

Dayton

3rd round - 3 times

4th round - 2 times

Finals - once.

Nederland did not make the playoffs from 1961-1988 and then not again until 1993.

Dayton did not make the playoffs from  1961-1989 and then not again until 1996.

Seems both teams were pretty bad for a long stretch .    Also,  Ned had 3 finals appearances 1956,1957 and 1961 including a state championship in 57.

Wrong answer my cousin was on the 1961 team that lost to Brady 22-16 qtr.finals.1966 lost bi dist 8-7 to HJ on a 2 pt pass play exp pt w'time running out.The wobbling toss was caught@ the goal line by the center who fell across the goal line.I was there,refs blew the call,it showed clearly on tape,UIL wouldn't change refs call.1969 team(my bro on that team) lost bi dist to Lufkin Dunbar that lost state 7-6

Wrong answer my cousin was on the 1961 team that lost to Brady 22-16 qtr.finals.1966 lost bi dist 8-7 to HJ on a 2 pt pass play exp pt w'time running out.The wobbling toss was caught@ the goal line by the center who fell across the goal line.I was there,refs blew the call,it showed clearly on tape,UIL wouldn't change refs call.1969 team(my bro on that team) lost bi dist to Lufkin Dunbar that lost state 7-6

I love all the History, were the helmets Leather??
Lol. Good stuff though

How many state championship appearances and/or titles have Nederland had over the same time frame?

I wasn't making a direct comparison to NS and Ned ,  I was pointing out how hard it is to get to the big dance consistently.  NS went and won in '03 but hasn't been back in the last 10 years.  Even some of the most dominate teams eventually fall off some.  WOS won in 85&86 and made it to the finals in 87, but didn't get back until 2000.  They did make it to the semi's in 05.  Even MOJO who was dominate for pretty much 3 decades hasn't been back since '95.

Ok,  I see that now.  apologies on the missed research.  Actually it shows that the 66 game was a tie unless they did penetrations back then.

Was for my dad & his bro @ Liberty 46-49 yrs Sterling Griffin sch rb Lamar xfer to Baylor,My uncle Henry male ath of the year 1949 qb Sch Sam Hstn State

Wow, that's awesome Tex. That's a great family legacy. I was kidding about the helmets, but that's awesome you can go back & see how the game has evolved. Good stuff

Rutro somebody got to do more research,& 1966 (1st Dayt area team @ state led by qb Tojo Godfrey)Dayton Colbert Tigers lost the state title game to that little cotton growing town between Rosenburg & Wharton to the right off 59

keep digging liltex maybe dayton has a lost state title somewhere. I'm liking all this history.

PN-G will have to prove they can stop someone for me to be on board with that. They will have a high octane offense for sure, but will be defense be there... At this point, that is a huge question mark..

welp their pre-district schedule will let us know soon.