Texas

king

So Strong was suppose to know the Florida DL coach was leaving and that Rumph was going to be offered and take the job?  Its impossible to know the details of what went down and implying that he was lying is just aggie wishing.

What about sumlin paying LSU chavis buyout? As far as I know it was never officially announced that chavis was the DC? He isn't even listed on the staff even now?

http://www.12thman.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205562488

Core values do not bother me at all - go back and read - I have many times stated that I think that if Strong succeeds with his "core values" mantra then the college game in general will benefit.

But some things that have happened at Texas do not support the fact that Strong is 100% committed to the Core Values as he states for the media - i.e. not telling his recruits about a departing coach to perhaps keep a recruit that might just leave (minor in the big scheme of things but still in my opinion an issue).

Also, all I am stating was that yes A&M players had a real bad run with some players getting into trouble with the rules but so did Texas players in the recent past (you do not kick 9 players off a team for "minor infractions").  I commend Strong on taking a strong position with some of the issues he has had o deal with - but to say that Texas is above these issues is naive at best.

What about sumlin paying LSU chavis buyout? As far as I know it was never officially announced that chavis was the DC? He isn't even listed on the staff even now?

Ok now I know you are just making any anti-Aggie statements you can possibly think of - You really are implying that A&M did something underhanded by paying Chavis's buyout? - that is normally called a condition of hiring negotiated with his contract.  

Also, it has been well documented and annouced by A&M that Chavis was hired by A&M - Hell he was on the recruiting trail from the hire date on - why the website has not been updated is a technical issue.

Still word that there is better than a 50/50 chance that Connor Brewer transfers back to Texas. He would be the leader in the clubhouse to step in as QB. Word is that Heard and Swoopes (please no) have looked a lot better.

Bryant Young looks to be the leader for the new DT coach and either Traylor from Gilmer or Westerberg from Allen will be the new TE coach. Interestingly, the number 1 OL recruit in the country is from Allen. We're getting the younger Boyd with or without Traylor. But Jeff is very well liked and would be a great recruiter imo.

Im confused why the core values bothers the ags so much?

You do realize that core values are basically just the laws of our country that Charlie post on the wall, right? I bet every coach in the country doesn't want his players beating women and doing drugs but since Charlie puts it on the wall he really means it.

You do realize that core values are basically just the laws of our country that Charlie post on the wall, right? I bet every coach in the country doesn't want his players beating women and doing drugs but since Charlie puts it on the wall he really means it.

I would venture to say some coaches tolerate law breaking more than others.

Ditto. (Replace- Aggie with Horn and sips with ags)

It's just the nature of the beast, fella.

Sad part of that statement is that I used to root for the Horns when they played anyone but A&M and Texas Tech - but the longer I am on this forum the harder it is not to root for Texas to lose and lose bad when they play - a truly sad statement but true.

And as I have stated before the hostility from the Aggie's toward the Horns does not equal the way that A&M is attacked on this forum - not even close.

Sad part of that statement is that I used to root for the Horns when they played anyone but A&M and Texas Tech - but the longer I am on this forum the harder it is not to root for Texas to lose and lose bad when they play - a truly sad statement but true.

And as I have stated before the hostility from the Aggie's toward the Horns does not equal the way that A&M is attacked on this forum - not even close.

I agree it's not close. Way worse from Aggies. The reason, I have always believed is that A&M doesn't have any other bitter rivals like Texas has with OU. Go to Texags and look at all the threads about Texas and the vitriol displayed there. This against a school they no longer play. You will find far more than the reverse on shaggybevo or hornfans. At least that's my experience.

As for this site, you may be right because there seems to be more Longhorn fans than Aggies. Although I will say there does seem to be a fair amount of trolling - except from me of course ;)

I have never really liked the Aggies. We're not talking "hate", just from a rival standpoint. They were the Aggies. (Now Sooners, that's hate.)

I've been to Kyle Field and watched some games. Hell, half of my in-laws are aggies. My nephew is a Yell Leader at the Galveston campus. So I would not consider myself a hater.

Back in the day, aggies were harmless. They won a few games here and there, but never really threatened anyone for that matter. They might win the SWC or the Big XII, but as a fan you knew they were still the aggies. Now, after moving to the SEC, aggie fans (my relatives included) are intolerable. The constant banter about the SEC, yada, yada, yada. It's insufferable. Keep in mind the aggies have not accomplished anything as a team. They have not won their conference, not competed for a NC. Nothing. Yet now they hang their hats on the accomplishments of the SEC. Good Goat, it's awful.

I can talk football with any logical person. I have a bias for UT, but I am not blind. I saw what was happening in Austin. So did everyone else. Change was made.Now if the aggies would just reel in the SEC crap, maybe we could all just get along.

I have never really liked the Aggies. We're not talking "hate", just from a rival standpoint. They were the Aggies. (Now Sooners, that's hate.)

I've been to Kyle Field and watched some games. Hell, half of my in-laws are aggies. My nephew is a Yell Leader at the Galveston campus. So I would not consider myself a hater.

Back in the day, aggies were harmless. They won a few games here and there, but never really threatened anyone for that matter. They might win the SWC or the Big XII, but as a fan you knew they were still the aggies. Now, after moving to the SEC, aggie fans (my relatives included) are intolerable. The constant banter about the SEC, yada, yada, yada. It's insufferable. Keep in mind the aggies have not accomplished anything as a team. They have not won their conference, not competed for a NC. Nothing. Yet now they hang their hats on the accomplishments of the SEC. Good Goat, it's awful.

I can talk football with any logical person. I have a bias for UT, but I am not blind. I saw what was happening in Austin. So did everyone else. Change was made.Now if the aggies would just reel in the SEC crap, maybe we could all just get along.

Great post. Agree completely. As my favorite tweeter, Charlie F'n Strong said, "Aggies are like the job applicant who brags about the accomplishments of all his former employers who fired him."

Like always - Texas fans with selective memory - yes A&M has had players kicked off the team and in some cases they violated minor laws.

But Texas players have as well - 2 get kicked off the team for sexual assault - don't recall and A&M players accused of that bad a crime.  Another for possession of a controlled substance - no exactly angelic behavior.

???

Charlie Strong has had ZERO Tolerance. ZERO. That cannot be argued. And he has not been selective with his ZERO Tolerance.

What happened before him is not on him.

Charlie Strong is the individual who's integrity is being questioned by Aggie Fan over the slight POSIBILITY (not factual) that he knew about his DL Coach leaving for Florida before signing day. REALLY????

And my memory serves me well...under Kevin Sumlin the Aggies are a mess off the field and outside of the two he kicked off last year how many others have been dealt a swift hand?

I agree it's not close. Way worse from Aggies. The reason, I have always believed is that A&M doesn't have any other bitter rivals like Texas has with OU. Go to Texags and look at all the threads about Texas and the vitriol displayed there. This against a school they no longer play. You will find far more than the reverse on shaggybevo or hornfans. At least that's my experience.

As for this site, you may be right because there seems to be more Longhorn fans than Aggies. Although I will say there does seem to be a fair amount of trolling - except from me of course ;)

That's one of the many reasons that I do not read or do Texags - never really did like it too much.

???
Charlie Strong has had ZERO Tolerance. ZERO. That cannot be argued. And he has not been selective with his ZERO Tolerance.
What happened before him is not on him.
Charlie Strong is the individual who's integrity is being questioned by Aggie Fan over the slight POSIBILITY (not factual) that he knew about his DL Coach leaving for Florida before signing day. REALLY????
And my memory serves me well...under Kevin Sumlin the Aggies are a mess off the field and outside of the two he kicked off last year how many others have been dealt a swift hand?

Charlie kicked off a bunch of benchwarmers and gave most of the better players 2nd chances. You consider that ZERO TOLERANCE? He is currently being sued by a former player for covering up an assault in his locker room, but I guess you forgot to mention that.

Sumlin has kicked off players that needed it. One for theft and 2 for drugs and guns off the top of my head. He kept 2 QB's that got PI's and yall act like its the end of the world. Newsflash, most college kids drink and a lot of them are underage.

Charlie kicked off a bunch of benchwarmers and gave most of the better players 2nd chances. You consider that ZERO TOLERANCE? He is currently being sued by a former player for covering up an assault in his locker room, but I guess you forgot to mention that.

Sumlin has kicked off players that needed it. One for theft and 2 for drugs and guns off the top of my head. He kept 2 QB's that got PI's and yall act like its the end of the world. Newsflash, most college kids drink and a lot of them are underage.

If you take your statement and change it to be true then yes, good point. Stay off texags and read up on stuff. Starters were dismissed. Backups were dismissed. Players that are not complete knuckleheads stayed. And the lawsuit?! Come on, we have discussed that. I think what you forgot to mention is the silliness of this suit. Read up on it and report back if you would award this kid anything. You can't be serious by bringing it up, I hope.

PhatMack is ignorant.  You can't argue with ignorant.  

I was the same way. I rooted for the ags in every game but one. Then they moved to the SEC, and many of the fans became intolerable, and now I can't help but cheer against them.