Texas

king

Aggy believe Sumlin is better, gave him huge contract extension.

Aggy believed Frantastic was the answer. Gave him huge contract extension.

Aggy believed the Sherminator was the answer. Gave him huge contract extension.

Aggy = confederacy of dunces.

Hth. Ywia.

Hey I can do this as well  :P

Horny thought Mack no good.  Signed Strong 6-7 was the result.

Hey this is fun  ;)

Aggy believe Sumlin is better, gave him huge contract extension.

Aggy believed Frantastic was the answer. Gave him huge contract extension.

Aggy believed the Sherminator was the answer. Gave him huge contract extension.

Aggy = confederacy of dunces.

Hth. Ywia.

I think both coaches still have something to prove and neither one is currently one of the top 2 coaches in the state. Those 2 are currently Art Briles and Gary Patterson.

What I don't get is how you can claim Strong is a superior coach when he has a worse win % than Sumlin, worse bowl record, and has finished .500 or worse in a majority of his years as a head coach.

LOL...Strong playing with Mack's recruits (or what was left of them).  You will begin to see what's in store next season, and definitely the following when he gets HIS guys in.  

Good luck competing in the SEC West.  Ya'll have done a hell of a job with that so far.  At least when Bama wins the conference you can chant "SEC!"  LOL.  

Please make sure than that Strong does not try to take credit for the Horns on Defense that will be drafted this year - one or two predicted to be first rounders - since they were "Mack's" recruits.

I think both coaches still have something to prove and neither one is currently in the top 2 coaches in the state. Those 2 are currently Art Briles and Gary Patterson.

What I don't get is how you can claim Strong is a superior coach when he has a worse win % than Sumlin, worse bowl record, and has finished .500 or worse in a majority of his years as a head coach.

You just don't understand Texas Talk - everything is better at Texas - even if it ain't in reality. 

Fact is both Texas fans and A&M fans have to beat each other up due to the fact that neither has an answer to the argument that TCU and Baylor are kicking their a** with 3 Star recruits.  Until that changes Aggie and Horn fans have nothing to do but beat each other up - cause what do you say to 2 teams that both had legitimate arguments to be in the final four this year and you are 6-7 and 8-5 respectively. 

Pretty sure you can't compare the Aggie coaches over the last ten years to the Mack Brown Era at Texas. That's like comparing a lizard to an alligator. They're both reptiles buuuut....

Strong at Texas last year was severely crippled by lackluster recruiting over the past 4-5 years beforehand. It's not fair to judge a coach based on something he didn't have the time to influence. Based on wins and losses, last year was a down year. But IGUARUANTEE if you ask anyone who follows or is close to this program, they woukd consider last year a success. Texas Football is changing in huge ways. That doesn't happen overnight. It starts from the ground up. And today was a huge first step in the right direction. The next two years will be very critical for Charlie Strong to prove just how good of a coach he is. For anyone to already be judging him based on last year is, quite honestly, ridiculous.

He seems like a good kid that made a tough decision today. I wish the best for him.

Quote:
@ShawnC_KVUE: According to a couple of sources I trust in East TX, recent TX signee Kris Boyd from Gilmer had 2nd thoughts after faxing his LOI to UT.

Quote:
Kris.Boyd!@kris23db 31m 31 minutes ago
Just wanna give a special S/O to A&M and their amazing fan base! This
was not a easy decision. No doubt there will be future success #GigEm

Please make sure than that Strong does not try to take credit for the Horns on Defense that will be drafted this year - one or two predicted to be first rounders - since they were "Mack's" recruits.

Did you watch Malcolm Brown in 2013? Malcolm Brown in 2013 and 2014 are COMPLETELY different lol 2013 was a decent player who did his job. 2014 was a monster. Kids don't just all of a sudden decide to start playing better by themselves.

He seems like a good kid that made a tough decision today. I wish the best for him.

Quote:
@ShawnC_KVUE: According to a couple of sources I trust in East TX, recent TX signee Kris Boyd from Gilmer had 2nd thoughts after faxing his LOI to UT.

Quote:
Kris.Boyd!@kris23db 31m 31 minutes ago
Just wanna give a special S/O to A&M and their amazing fan base! This
was not a easy decision. No doubt there will be future success #GigEm

He does seem like a really good kid that was under alot of pressure. I think ultimately his brother committing to Texas was the deciding factor between the two for him.

I think both coaches still have something to prove and neither one is currently one of the top 2 coaches in the state. Those 2 are currently Art Briles and Gary Patterson.

Barry Switzer and Bobby Stoops have higher win % than Bear Bryant... I'll make a claim that Bryant was better than those. Winning percentage shouldnt be used in this debate.

Barry Switzer and Bobby Stoops have higher win % than Bear Bryant... I'll make a claim that Bryant was better than those. Winning percentage shouldnt be used in this debate.

Ok well give some data that backs Strong in your debate. So far I have seen nothing that backs this besides core values.

Strong at Texas last year was severely crippled by lackluster recruiting over the past 4-5 years beforehand.

You are kidding right - if this is lackluster recruiting as an Aggie I would take that 5 year history every time:

2010 - 3rd ranked class

2011 - 3rd ranked class

2012 - 2nd ranked class

2013 - 24th ranked class

2014 - 20th ranked class (Strong's first class)

Well hold on during renovations they put up a couple more titles and big 12 titles on the wall at new stadium. What got Mack brown fired was garret Gilbert he sold out on him and then had only at best a B- qb to follow up.

I remember well that display of patheticism... And if we did that, we'd have like 15 NCs so....

Well hold on during renovations they put up a couple more titles and big 12 titles on the wall at new stadium. What got Mack brown fired was garret Gilbert he sold out on him and then had only at best a B- qb to follow up.

Garrett Gilbert is getting sized right now for his new Super Bowl ring.

Strong at Texas last year was severely crippled by lackluster recruiting over the past 4-5 years beforehand.

You are kidding right - if this is lackluster recruiting as an Aggie I would take that 5 year history every time:

2010 - 3rd ranked class
2011 - 3rd ranked class
2012 - 2nd ranked class
2013 - 24th ranked class
2014 - 20th ranked class (Strong's first class)

You can't come on here and post facts. It doesn't fit with their agenda.

Keep in ind half those classes were kicked off last yr lol. You put Kyle Allen on Texas they go at 10-2 byu and tcu were games that they just got handled. If you get a qb you get to nine wins at least see aggies last couple years. You get the def to go with it you compete for titles. See Texas 04-09 .

Ok well give some data that backs Strong in your debate. So far I have seen nothing that backs this besides core values.

Not my debate, I was just pointing out flaws in win % stat. But... I will say that Strong handles business face to face.
Having inside convo in front of minimum wage pool boys:
Sumlin 1
Strong 0
Firing a minimum wage pool boy on twitter during power trip:
Sumlin 1
Strong 0
That is proof Strong is better coach. Can't fight science Mack!

It's okay fellas. Aggy is nervous. They ran this state for 12 seconds, during which time, they compiled a record of mediocrity to which they should already be accustomed. Now that reign is over, they are back behind big brother in the recruiting front, and the results on the field will soon follow. What I can't figure out is that when you've spent your entire existence as second fiddle, shouldn't you be used to it by now??

Keep in ind half those classes were kicked off last yr lol. You put Kyle Allen on Texas they go at 10-2 byu and tcu were games that they just got handled. If you get a qb you get to nine wins at least see aggies last couple years. You get the def to go with it you compete for titles. See Texas 04-09 .

The statement was "lackluster recruiting" not what the program did or made with the recruits - In fact all recruiting classes should be viewed more about how they helped the program on the field rather than how good a group they were when recruited.  But ALL teams lose players dude - happens.

And as I have stated before and you again proved my point - Not many if any Aggie's will argue the fact that Texas has the history and during the 04-09 years did in fact dominate the state in most aspects - but as always Texas fans either quote the 04-09 seasons are the older history which is fact is impressive.  But they completely ignore the late 1980's and 1990's were Texas A&M was the better program and the last 4 - 5 years were Texas A&M is the better overall program.  How long will that be time will tell - but I believe it will be longer than most Texas fans believe.

But as always both Texas and A&M need to get better to claim we rule the State of Texas as Baylor and TCU have a say in that as well.