Texas

king

Looks like Swoopes is the leader in the clubhouse once again.

Scrimmage Report: Humidor Edition

By: Jesus Shuttlesworth

The overall feeling of the team going into the scrimmage even before taking the field wasn't good at all according a source. The kids seemed tired and for some reason, maybe the fact they had been going Mach 3 all week was probably the main culprit. The sentiment of the group went from bad to worse once Jermaine Roberts went down with a knee injury (season ending ACL perhaps). We're told the kids kind of looked around and wondered why they were snake bit on the injury front. In other words, there wasn't much in the way of positive energy going into the deal and whatever there was going in, was sapped once Roberts went down.
Quote:
Quarterback

If you attended the scrimmage, you'd know that Tyrone Swoopes has solidified himself as the prohibitive favorite to win the starting job come fall. According to one source, "Swoopes is just the clear No. 1 in my opinion - Heard got better as the practice went on but Swoopes was just so poised and confident throughout the scrimmage - he looks very comfortable running the new offense."

As for Heard, he had two bad picks and several more bad decisions according to one observer. "His first pick was over the middle with a great athletic play by Colbert. The second was a really poor throw on a screen that was just too low and the DE picked it clean. It wasn't a good day for Jerrod."

Swoopes did have a couple of TD passes while Heard had one scoring throw on a amazing catch by walk-on Ty Templin. It was probably the best catch of the day.

^
Despite the new conference, no one follows The University of Texas more closely than PhatMack...

Great article.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12652460/texas-longhorns-coaches-swear-depositions-share-play-calling-duties

The best part was Chuckie's answer to who called the plays against Arkansas. "I don't know".

Great article.
aelltp://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12652460/texas-longhorns-coaches-swear-depositions-share-play-calling-duties

The best part was Chuckie's answer to who called the plays against Arkansas. "I don't know".

Looks like Charlie has his boys' back. I like that. He's no sell out.

Hatred causes stupidity (which may be the root of the Aggie joke). Can't imagine how context is lost on you guys but i wasn't reduced to aggy education either.

Once again, Wick does call plays. Oklahoma aggy loses. Period. Pool your money with Baylor and collaborate on some other frivolous suit.

Hatred causes stupidity (which may be the root of the Aggie joke). Can't imagine how context is lost on you guys but i wasn't reduced to aggy education either.

Once again, Wick does call plays. Oklahoma aggy loses. Period. Pool your money with Baylor and collaborate on some other frivolous suit.

Do you really believe that Wickline is the play caller? Does he get a pass if he suggest a few plays a game and Watson has the final say? I guess if that's the case most coaches on the offense can claim play calling duties.

Do you really believe that Wickline is the play caller? Does he get a pass if he suggest a few plays a game and Watson has the final say? I guess if that's the case most coaches on the offense can claim play calling duties.

He shares play calling duties with Watson. He does call plays during the game. He does, and Watson does. As such, there are no grounds for okie aggy to recover in their suit. Don't like it? Hire better lawyers to draw up your contracts.