What will the SETX football landscape look like in 20 years?

In the state growth is happening in and around the Metroplex, Houston and some Waco.  In 10-15 years  San Antonio and Austin will be just one big city.  

With that in mind I am of the opinion that SETX is going to see a lot more 6-man or school consolidations at the lower levels. The mid-size schools will be tough and lumberton will crown their sons as homecoming "queens". Of course my opinion and a dollar will be able to get you a 12oz Coke at the gas station. Of course in 15 years you better have more then a dollar if you want to buy a coke.

Liberty is losing a lot of there kids to Dayton but Liberty is slowly taken over parts of Raywood where most of the minority kids that go to Daisetta live!!

For the record I don't know any former Lib kiddos that have started for the Broncos.The latest  try to transfer BACK to Dayt ended in Lib coach not signing off & UIL not allowing the xfer even though the former Dayt pony only played last yr as a Lib panther

I see your point. I've been hearing for years that OF enrollment is going to boom but it has not happened yet. In the 20 years since I graduated the enrollment has only increased by around 100 kids. I will say this though, the Cormier family has owned the majority of the land in OF and they are selling some off now and new subdivisions are popping up. I'm not real sure if I want OF to grow so much that it moves up in classification. I'd be happy with being a large 4A.

Its already started. I really feel better saying in 10 years they will be that size to be honest. Its not just around the school that people are buying/building, also on 1442 and even McLewis is growing. My daughters 3rd grade class this past year was huge. Its coming so they need to get ready. OISD needs to start talking about bonds(yep,i said it) to increase the infrastructure for the near future. Going to need a new, larger highschool and other facilities. The sports fields arent going to fly with the limited capacity they have and i honestly think the best place for a new HS is on 1442. That would eliminate the need to widen 105 and have much better access. Plenty of room too.

Just west of the Trinity is a town called Mont Belvieu. In 20 years, we will either 2 high school or one large hs. They building neighborhoods at rapid pace and the average homes are $300,000. They selling them as fast as they build them. Its crazy how many homes are going up. I dont see it slowing down anytime soon. Look for Barbers Hill to be one of the fastest growing small cities in Texas. BTW, you won't see numbers rise at hs level for a couple of years because its younger families with younger kids. Give it 6 to 7 years and then you'll be able to see.

Just west of the Trinity is a town called Mont Belvieu. In 20 years, we will either 2 high school or one large hs. They building neighborhoods at rapid pace and the average homes are $300,000. They selling them as fast as they build them. Its crazy how many homes are going up. I dont see it slowing down anytime soon. Look for Barbers Hill to be one of the fastest growing small cities in Texas. BTW, you won't see numbers rise at hs level for a couple of years because its younger families with younger kids. Give it 6 to 7 years and then you'll be able to see.

I know exactly what your talking about. I work The Hill and see it every day. Also with the Chevron expansion there will be many new jobs.

I know exactly what your talking about. I work The Hill and see it every day. Also with the Chevron expansion there will be many new jobs.

That's what I was thinking. The growth probably spurs from all the pipeline work being done in that area. Which will stop and relocate at some point in the next 10-15 years.

Its already started. I really feel better saying in 10 years they will be that size to be honest. Its not just around the school that people are buying/building, also on 1442 and even McLewis is growing. My daughters 3rd grade class this past year was huge. Its coming so they need to get ready. OISD needs to start talking about bonds(yep,i said it) to increase the infrastructure for the near future. Going to need a new, larger highschool and other facilities. The sports fields arent going to fly with the limited capacity they have and i honestly think the best place for a new HS is on 1442. That would eliminate the need to widen 105 and have much better access. Plenty of room too.

You know you could be right kicker! My niece was in the 4th grade this past year and I thought I heard them say that this was the largest class to ever come through OF elementary!

What hurts was that billion dollar gas terminal that looked like was going to be built in the OF district was moved to Houston at the last minute.  That would have been a tremendous help to the district.  Hopefully now another one will come along.

What hurts was that billion dollar gas terminal that looked like was going to be built in the OF district was moved to Houston at the last minute.  That would have been a tremendous help to the district.  Hopefully now another one will come along.

I had heard that was going to bring somewhere around 40 million dollars to OFISD

I had heard that was going to bring somewhere around 40 million dollars to OFISD

There were two situations that hurt us. One being the depth of the waterway and the other being the Pleasure island/mlk bridge. The later being the drath blow. There are a couple of conspiracy theories about why the bridge was built so low to hurt the locL economy and help Houston but either way, its too risky for the tall ships to pass under at certain tides.

Is that Canadian pipeline still suppose to go thru PA? If so that will bring families into the area as well, I think that will cause growth in Mid-county.

The pipeline will create a few temporary construction jobs. It will go to the same chemical plants as the ships are going to now. It will just be a different means of transportation. 

There were two situations that hurt us. One being the depth of the waterway and the other being the Pleasure island/mlk bridge. The later being the drath blow. There are a couple of conspiracy theories about why the bridge was built so low to hurt the locL economy and help Houston but either way, its too risky for the tall ships to pass under at certain tides.

The Congress just passed and the president signed a bill that deepens the Sabine Neches Ship Channel from 40 to 48 feet so deeper draft vessels can come in. That is much larger ships than already come into the channel. 

The Congress just passed and the president signed a bill that deepens the Sabine Neches Ship Channel from 40 to 48 feet so deeper draft vessels can come in. That is much larger ships than already come into the channel.

Yeah, thats what i was talking about earlier in the thread. Now its trying to figure out the bridge problem. There is also another huge project possible for the Orange County side of the Neches. Infant stage though. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Is that Canadian pipeline still suppose to go thru PA? If so that will bring families into the area as well, I think that will cause growth in Mid-county.

Yes, it  ends in Nederland at the Sunoco terminal.  It is not going through PA though.  The southern leg from OK to Nederland has been completed and is sending oil.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/oil-to-begin-flowing-in-southern-leg-of-keystone-pipeline/2014/01/21/ffe35abc-82bb-11e3-bbe5-6a2a3141e3a9_story.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/business/keystone-xl-map/

I heard a rumor that they will eventually shut down Hull-Daisetta ISD in about the next 4 to 5 years forcing the students to consolidate with either Liberty or Hardin.

Even tho that might be a smart thing to do economically... I think that since they haven't done that to schools like High Island or Chester...then it won't happen to HD