Iraq Sunni militant group vows to march on Baghdad

LumRaiderFan

@AP: MORE: Obama says about 275 US military personnel deploying to Iraq for security and support http://apne.ws/1lu2M7I

Ok....so according to this article and some I have read, he will be sending 275 personnel to add to the 100-200 already there.

What is that going to do?  I think we had more than 300 in my senior class.

They have an ARMY.....with this stuff

"Security officials said the Islamic State fighters managed to take control of two weapons depots holding 400,000 items, including AK-47 rifles, rockets and rocket-propelled grenades, artillery shells and mortars. A quarter of the stockpiles were sent to Syria, they said."

He needs to man up to his mistake and send some troops in to take care of this.

Ok....so according to this article and some I have read, he will be sending 275 personnel to add to the 100-200 already there.

What is that going to do?  I think we had more than 300 in my senior class.

They have an ARMY.....with this stuff

"Security officials said the Islamic State fighters managed to take control of two weapons depots holding 400,000 items, including AK-47 rifles, rockets and rocket-propelled grenades, artillery shells and mortars. A quarter of the stockpiles were sent to Syria, they said."

He needs to man up to his mistake and send some troops in to take care of this.

He sent nearly as many to round up cows. lmao what a pathetic disgraceful white man our president is! 

Right, Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that is why we invaded the country. I would not ever join the military ever, because I don't believe in fighting wars for profit and wars on inanimate objects (terror). Chester 86 then you should go back If you feel like military intervention is needed. :P 

Am I the only one who sees a problem with the prospect of tying US troop deployments to Iraqi reforms expanding representation for the blocs the insurgents claim to represent? Isn't that negotiating with terrorists? And doesn't that just encourage them to terrorize some more the next time they want something they don't get?

What I liked in the article was the fact that we are deploying a carrier group and that Kerry said air strikes were a possibility. I care nothing about what Biden has to say. He is an absolute idiot.

One of the great things about a US carrier group is that its mere presence is often a force in itself.

The two most recent secretarys of state ( Clinton and Kerry) supported the invasion of Iraq. My bet is that if Mr. Obama calls for Iraq to be invaded, you will be waving the pom poms and saying go get em guys.

they were told that Iraq had oil, I mean weapons of mass destruction because of false CIA reports.

We are simply seeing the problem in allowing Iraq to try to rule itself.  They have three groups of people who dont really like each other.   Doesn't matter how long we stay, when we leave, they will be killing each other again.    I dont see why you guys want to throw a few more billion down that rabbit hole.  

they were told that Iraq had oil, I mean weapons of mass destruction because of false CIA reports.

Not false. Outdated.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/oct/28/20041028-122637-6257r/?page=all

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/18/inside-the-ring-syria-iraq-and-weapons-of-mass-des/?page=all

http://blog.usni.org/2012/07/20/iraq-chemical-weapons-moved-to-syria-before-2003-invasion

Ever wondered why the Russians wanted us to stay out of Syria so bad when they didn't care about North Africa? Probably because they didn't want us to go in and discover more conclusive evidence of their having aided Iraq in moving their weapons before the invasion started.

Saddam had the weapons. And he didn't even get all of them out; I used to keep links to a few articles about the discovery of chemical weapons stores that were still left in Iraq which are unfortunately now dead. But the bulk of his stores were moved to Syria. The reason we didn't find those weapons wasn't because they weren't there, it's because the Russians wanted to make sure we didn't.

We are simply seeing the problem in allowing Iraq to try to rule itself.  They have three groups of people who dont really like each other.   Doesn't matter how long we stay, when we leave, they will be killing each other again.    I dont see why you guys want to throw a few more billion down that rabbit hole.

I agree!

Not false. Outdated.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/oct/28/20041028-122637-6257r/?page=all

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/18/inside-the-ring-syria-iraq-and-weapons-of-mass-des/?page=all

http://blog.usni.org/2012/07/20/iraq-chemical-weapons-moved-to-syria-before-2003-invasion

Ever wondered why the Russians wanted us to stay out of Syria so bad when they didn't care about North Africa? Probably because they didn't want us to go in and discover more conclusive evidence of their having aided Iraq in moving their weapons before the invasion started.

Saddam had the weapons. And he didn't even get all of them out; I used to keep links to a few articles about the discovery of chemical weapons stores that were still left in Iraq which are unfortunately now dead. But the bulk of his stores were moved to Syria. The reason we didn't find those weapons wasn't because they weren't there, it's because the Russians wanted to make sure we didn't.

You do remember when the inspectors were expelled from Iraq after coming upon a warehouse that they were forbidden to enter. I wonder what could have happened during the months they were kicked out? I'm just so naive to believe there was nothing suspicious about that at all. Some people equate WMDs to nukes only......not correct. He had mustard gas used on the Kurds and nerve gas was launched at the Jews. However ineffective, he still had them. Some enjoy turning a blind eye to such obvious situations. Still can't believe we kept the Jews pent up while they were being hit by scuds.

Anyone who believes that Hussein did not possess WMDs please point out anything in my post that is incorrect.