Iraq Sunni militant group vows to march on Baghdad

LumRaiderFan

so, you and your kids can volunteer to go to Iraq to protect the country. We need to stay out of it. We should've never been there.

You need to understand geopolitical matters a little better.  Its way more than just Iraq that's involved.

If you feel so strongly about it enlist. Saddam Hussein had the region stabalized (he was nuts); therefore, we should've never intervened. Oh, I forgot, they have oil, oops I mean weapons of mass destruction. People predicted this would hapoen

Saddam had the region stabilized?

The only thing Saddam Hussein ever had under control was his own people. A third of them, the Kurds, he spent a good portion of his tenure trying to systematically exterminate, and the rest were kept under extreme oppression. Not to mention that he actively allowed al Qaeda to train within his borders and probably handed Syria most of the same chemical weapons they've been using on their own citizens for the last two years.

The people who predicted that Iraq would become unstable predicted it would happen after a premature removal of US forces. And that's exactly what happened.

On that note, "solve your own problems" is a great way to piss off a lot of people in a hotbed for terrorism.

It really amazes me how some people think. While war should never be a first choice, it is necessary. I posted in another thread how few lives we have lost on the war on terror versus any other war on record.

We have stoped future terror attacks by keeping the terroist moving and killing their leaders (Obama has used drones and has done a good job on that.

Where he(Obama) screwed up is keeping a politcal promise and leaving Iraq before the job was done. We now have a terrorist group, reported with two helicopters, 60 miles from Bagdad, ready to take over......

OBAMA pulled out before the job was complete......
Wish his father would have

so, you and your kids can volunteer to go to Iraq to protect the country. We need to stay out of it. We should've never been there.

Kinda like we are staying out of enforcing immigration laws in THIS country. However, I do agree with you on "staying out of"....so you (you people) and your kids can fund the "needy" and maybe they can unload those buses full of ILLEGALS at YOUR home....I find that the sympathetic and compassionate are only so in political speech....

Alot of the very people you accuse, or say "you go" have done exactly that, ask how many Vets are in this forum that have given extra of themselves....on the other hand....ask how many of you "computer screen liberals" have donated extra tax money, or housed any of the poor little ILLEGAL children showing your TRUE compassion....YOU PEOPLE talk the talk, but will not walk it.

To be clear so you can understand....

I will stand by MY words as would ANY conservative -

I would surely STOP paying taxes that assist in welfare....will YOU pay more to assist it?

I would gladly drive the truck to dump the illegals back across the border...will YOU house them?

Big Girl- You have frequently declared your concern for those who have lost their lives in wars for causes that we believed were a threat to our freedom.  Why dont you now turn your concern/attention to all of those who have died in the city of Chicago and those who have died waiting for appointments at the VA administration?

My post was a response to the topic of the thread and I stand by it. I learned a few weeks ago there is no point arguing with someone who does not "get it".

The one's who said we pulled out of Iraq too soon were correct.....period

Couldn't agree more...folks can argue all day long about whether we should have gone in or not...can't change that, we went in.

What is happening in Iraq is all on Obama...this is his mess and a result of his failure as a leader.

Ok, why dont you and your family go to Iraq to finish the job?

Do you realize how asinine that argument is? What's the point you're trying to make? That the men and women who fought and died in Iraq didn't want to be there?

The last time we had a draft was 1971. Every single member of the United States military who has entered the armed services since then has done so voluntarily. Every single serviceman and woman who enlisted after 9/11 knew there was a good chance he or she would have to fight in the Middle East. Every single serviceman and woman who enlisted after March of 2003 knew there was a good chance he or she could go to Iraq. Obviously, those brave men and women willingly accepted the possibility of that assignment by enlisting with that knowledge.

Now, are you really trying to say or imply that people who believe we should be sending US forces into Iraq today should volunteer to go over themselves in place of others who don't want to go to Iraq? Because unless our servicemen and women somehow enlisted without any prior knowledge of the conflict in Iraq, those people you're trying to say don't want to go over there must have, at the very least, willingly accepted that deployment as a possibility.