Houston Regional (hosted by Rice)

Ty Cobb

While it was a little shaky at the beginning of the season for a bit, the Aggies still managed to pull off a decent season. And even though t.u. is the one moving on, at least we got a chance to Saw'em Off last night.

Gig'em Aggies! WHOOP!

"t.u." would like to extend a heartfelt thank you for resuming your role as second fiddle...

It will be interesting to see where they have the Super. Them and Houston are both 2 seeds. Houston probably has the better RPI. It's up to the NCAA to decide.

Texas would actually probably prefer playing in Houston. As espn reminded everyone incessantly, horns are a much better road team.

While it was a little shaky at the beginning of the season for a bit, the Aggies still managed to pull off a decent season. And even though t.u. is the one moving on, at least we got a chance to Saw'em Off last night.

Gig'em Aggies! WHOOP!

Typical. See a win in losing. No congrats.

Congrats to the Texas Baseball team - Hope they go far!

But "baddog and "txhoops" continue to show why they act like "typical" Texas fans on this forum and continue their lack of good sportsmanship with normal stupid statements..

when your childish aggie fans stop using names to refer to UT you might not get the "typical" response or is it just "typical" butt hurt aggie fans

5 big 12 teams made the regionals 4 moved on. 10 SEC teams made the regionals 2 moved on. how much is the SEC loving vandy and ole miss today…….

Gig'em Aggies! WHOOP!

Surely this guy is just trolling.

The NCAA announced the Super will be in Austin due to "greater revenue potential." Houston kinda got hosed on that since they had the higher rank and beat a national seed to advance.

"National Seed" is where this joke starts. The SEC sent 10 teams to the NCAA regionals-2 advanced. Three others played for a Regional title. LSU was a national seed based on their financial statement only.

UH played no one. If they did, they usually lost. Their claim to fame is beating Rice 3 times (all on Tuesdays) and Texas Tech at The College Classic. They won the AAC tournament because it was pool play. Louisville would beat them in double elimination. Heck, they finished 3rd in the regular season.

They do have one of the best (if not the best) pitching coaches in the country-Frank Anderson. The day he arrived on campus UH started to win. Hopefully he will get another shot as a head coach next year. I never met the man and he barely knew my son but made several phone calls on his behalf to Emporia St (where he had coached). I have far more respect for him than anyone on that staff.

Texas plays in a tougher conference and has enough history/financial resources to win a tie breaker. Hook'em!

when your childish aggie fans stop using names to refer to UT you might not get the "typical" response or is it just "typical" butt hurt aggie fans

5 big 12 teams made the regionals 4 moved on. 10 SEC teams made the regionals 2 moved on. how much is the SEC loving vandy and ole miss today…….

And Childish Texas fans calling the Aggie's "igs" and in some cases worse is a "Typical" response from Texas fans - I guess that means that they are "butt hurt" as well?  You can't complain about what Aggie's are calling Texas fans and ignore what Texas fans call Aggie's - unless you are a big time hypocrite.

Congrats to the Big 12 - they appear to be a better baseball conference than the SEC this year.  As stated I hope Texas does well and goes far - Too bad not a single Texas fan on this forum would wish the Aggie's  the same.

And Childish Texas fans calling the Aggie's "igs" and in some cases worse is a "Typical" response from Texas fans - I guess that means that they are "butt hurt" as well?  You can't complain about what Aggie's are calling Texas fans and ignore what Texas fans call Aggie's - unless you are a big time hypocrite.

Congrats to the Big 12 - they appear to be a better baseball conference than the SEC this year.  As stated I hope Texas does well and goes far - Too bad not a single Texas fan on this forum would wish the Aggie's  the same.

Excuse me? I have been nothing but congenial on this thread. Read my post about Stubblefield. I also said the "Ags" would take it. I only use "igs" when I see "tu". You are totally mistaken and I don't appreciate being called stupid. I may be misinformed at times, but I am not stupid. I have wished the Ags luck before. You just missed it. I work with many Ags and they would be ashamed of some of the ones on this board. We can laugh and joke about each other all day with no hard feelings. It took reading this forum stuff to realize there is a hatred for some.

Mack, the whole thing is about money. You really don't think there is more money to be made in Austin than Houston?

Surely this guy is just trolling.

I really wasn't trolling, and do hope Texas does well. At the same time though, I am proud of what our team has done this year. I look forward to next season and actually getting to go to a game next year now that I have a sports pass.

Thanks & Gig'em!

Mack, the whole thing is about money. You really don't think there is more money to be made in Austin than Houston?

As a city no, but for college sports heck yes. Disch-Falk holds twice as many fans as Cougar Stadiium. 3500+ more seats over possibly 3 games is a lot of money for the NCAA. If you noticed at Rice last weekend, there were a lot of empty seats except for the 3 A&M v Texas games. The NCAA definitely makes more money on college sports in Austin than they do in Houston.

Excuse me? I have been nothing but congenial on this thread. Read my post about Stubblefield. I also said the "Ags" would take it. I only use "igs" when I see "tu". You are totally mistaken and I don't appreciate being called stupid. I may be misinformed at times, but I am not stupid. I have wished the Ags luck before. You just missed it. I work with many Ags and they would be ashamed of some of the ones on this board. We can laugh and joke about each other all day with no hard feelings. It took reading this forum stuff to realize there is a hatred for some.

I openly apologize for the "stupid" comment - it was stupid of me.  

As a city no, but for college sports heck yes. Disch-Falk holds twice as many fans as Cougar Stadiium. 3500+ more seats over possibly 3 games is a lot of money for the NCAA. If you noticed at Rice last weekend, there were a lot of empty seats except for the 3 A&M v Texas games. The NCAA definitely makes more money on college sports in Austin than they do in Houston.

When NCAA gets 85% of the gate, it was a no brainer that the series would be played at Disch-Faulk.

It's not right to make these kind of decisions strictly based on revenue.

If A&M had won, I wonder if series would have been played at Blue Bell Park due to it having a larger capacity than Cougar Field.

When NCAA gets 85% of the gatI'd- it wcomes down rainer that thgames. Q ies woulAustin.layed at Disch-Faulk.

It's not right to make these kind of decisions strictly based on revenue.

If A&M had won, I wonder if series would have been played at Blue Bell Park due to it having a larger capacity than Cougar Field.

No. UH was a higher seed than aTm. The games would have been in the 3rd Ward.

UT and UH were both 2 seeds. Tie breaker is the highest bid. Like Augie said-If it comes down to money, the games will be in Austin.