All District picks

What is the purpose of not releasing all district selections prior to the last team playing in the playoffs?  All District selections have absolutely no bearing on playoffs.

It's just a rule of thumb to not announce the selections until all the teams in your district have completed their season. They probably do so to avoid all the distractions that usually accompany those picks. Keeps your focus on the field.

Never around here has a 9th grader been named District MVP that I can recall. But can't recall any local district to all be eliminated in the first round either. Not since three or four teams have gone to the playoffs. I remember when teams from this area roared through the playoffs, sometimes even to meet up in regional final to go to the big dance. What has changed?

Never around here has a 9th grader been named District MVP that I can recall. But can't recall any local district to all be eliminated in the first round either. Not since three or four teams have gone to the playoffs. I remember when teams from this area roared through the playoffs, sometimes even to meet up in regional final to go to the big dance. What has changed?

Looks to me like they were all young. That could be it.

20 years from now: A man and some "ole buddies", along with their sons, sitting around the camp reliving the ole glory days........

Dad - Son you need to work hard, put in the hours, like we did and you can achieve success.

Son - I want to set some goals to work for...... What is something I can work toward at the high school level?

Dad - First you can set your sights on being the best you can be......  You can set a goal to make the "All District Team" like I did in High School....

Dad's "ole buddy" - Yeah just like every other player in our district!!!!!

Ended that conversation very quickly....... Now they just sit the rest of the evening ribbing each other about how bad each of them ACTUALLY were.....  By the way, dad was the H2O boy!!!!!

LOL, everybody wins!!!!

If I remember correctly...there are 8 District 20-4A teams and this would require 9 starters to play the game?

Now if my math is right...that would be AT LEAST 72 total young men starting/playing this great game of baseball but not including those who ride the pine as pinch runners,hitters,ready to play when givien the chance!

1st team 24 players picked and 2nd team 20 players picked...this is half of the district starters...so who cares if they are getting a little recognition.

Congrats to all these fine young men...GO DOGS!!