WILL BISD/ADMIN. INDEFINITELY KEEP OZEN ON HOLD

Can anyone in the know explain what's really going on in the process of getting a coach hired at OZEN ? Is Atkins in or officially out ? Is he allowed on campus ? Is there really a new list of applicants ?  Is there a time line to start the interviewing ? Is there an attempt to get it done sooner than later ? 

Anyone ''CAN'' file a Lawsuit whether they prevail is a matter of law. IMO Atkins has 3 choices: Accept what has been done to him, Fulfill the job the school board voted to give him(The Hire) or file his lawsuit to challenge the person who speaks with fork TONGUE :angry: .......

Trust me, Atkins has a case and I expect him to either file lawsuit or BISD will "settle" out of court.

He can file a lawsuit but he doesn't have a case, it was only agreed upon by the schoolboard that he was supposed to be the new head coach. He have nothing in black and white that say BISD has to allow him to be head coach.

I kind of doubt he had time to move to Beaumont. and if he does sue BISD how much do you think he would sue for, he did'nt sign a contract, so salary was never agreed on, as least not in writing. My guess is they may pay hiim a token amount just for him to go away but it would'nt be anything like a years salary. The guy that decides whether the TEA takes over said he will take his time, I think thats wrong, it's the kids time he is taking and they've had enough taken from them already. 

Atkins was put to work the day after he was approved by board. He was sent to be an admin at an Ozen track meet.

Like I said, he has a case.

I'm no lawyer but that would seem like a verbal contract at least.......But Texas is a right to work state...why can't they just fire him because of public opinion? That is not illegal.

I don't even try to pretend to know what will happen in court.  I do know that when I have been hired at a school, I always get a letter of intent to hire immediately and then wait for the school board meeting to approve the contract.  Without the LOI, I do not know how the lawsuit will end up. Remember McDonalds had to pay for coffee being too hot!!! :)