BISD STILL STEALING

MAYFIELD

i'm a teacher in BISD.  but don't worry, i'm on break for another 6 minutes... it's not felt as hard in the older grades, where it's all bookwork and lectures, but for younger grades where you need art supplies and laminating film and construction paper and all those sorts of things, you notice when all of a sudden most if not all of that expense is coming from your own pocket... especially when you've lost your bonuses and are all of a sudden paying for insurance that has been free for 10 years. that's when the kids suffer.

Your not a certified Teacher, your a Sub!!!

So are you complaining about supplies or the kids are? Sounds like selfish reasons to me. I'm a teacher for BISD also(permanent sub) and it's definitely enough supplies to go around over here. So telling that BS to someone else lol

selfish reasons?  I'd say so!  between lost bonuses and insurance payments, i've taken about a $1500 a year paycut, and my wife (also a certified BISD teacher) has taken about a $2500 a year paycut.  and that's before "expenses", like the hand sanitizer i had to buy this weekend, and the t-shirts i bought last week, the snacks my wife takes to work for her students, and the laminator we got since ours at school were always broken and couldn't afford to be fixed, and the soap, and paper towels, and paper for the kids, and the backpacks we buy when the kids' families can't afford them, etc. etc. etc. etc.  So tell that BS to someone else (probably another sub who gets to come in and work the day like you do without the "take-home" responsibilities. 

selfish reasons? I'd say so! between lost bonuses and insurance payments, i've taken about a $1500 a year paycut, and my wife (also a certified BISD teacher) has taken about a $2500 a year paycut. and that's before "expenses", like the hand sanitizer i had to buy this weekend, and the t-shirts i bought last week, the snacks my wife takes to work for her students, and the laminator we got since ours at school were always broken and couldn't afford to be fixed, and the soap, and paper towels, and paper for the kids, and the backpacks we buy when the kids' families can't afford them, etc. etc. etc. etc. So tell that BS to someone else (probably another sub who gets to come in and work the day like you do without the "take-home" responsibilities.

You're not required to buy any of those things(although it's great that you help the students) all those things you but are your choice and aren't necessities for the students.

you quoted the wrong person.  i'm certified to teach PK-4, and have a degree that would've allowed me to become certified through 8th out of college, but i did not want to teach middle school.

Sorry about that Bullets, I was quoting the non educated idiot who continues to defend the Crooks who steal from Tax payers of BISD.

You're not required to buy any of those things(although it's great that you help the students) all those things you but are your choice and aren't necessities for the students.

The mans buying backpacks and school supplies out of his own pocket and your response is this.......

Kids don't need paper..........kids don't need backpacks..........kids don't need hand sanitizer.....

Wow.....I hope "Gym" is all you teach

The mans buying backpacks and school supplies out of his own pocket and your response is this.......

Kids don't need paper..........kids don't need backpacks..........kids don't need hand sanitizer.....

Wow.....I hope "Gym" is all you teach

Sanitizer, snacks, t shirts & back packs aren't critical for students to learn at school. Come on man be forreal. A kid not having a back pack or hand sanitizer will stop them from learning now? Smh lol

Sanitizer, snacks, t shirts & back packs aren't critical for students to learn at school. Come on man be forreal. A kid not having a back pack or hand sanitizer will stop them from learning now? Smh lol

I think you meant how?

If everyone has backpacks and t-shirts but a few, they will feel different.

Snacks are given as rewards

Sanitizers prevent the spreading of germs......kid gets sick and stays home.....not learning

I'm sure Bullets does not buy this stuff because he has too much money

Well, backpacks are important because they help kids make it back and forth to school without losing books and homework. Snacks fill bellies and help concentration. Sanitizer is important because it helps kill germs and keep the kids from getting sick and missing school. You're right that it's not a requirement for teachers to buy these things, but those things ARE important for kids to learn. Some of these are extras we choose to provide but lately many teachers are having to choose between purchasing necessities for the kids or doing without. Out of curiosity, what grade are you subbing for? And sorry if I came off as uppity, because while you riled me a bit, subbing can be as tough as full time teaching.

Maybe if your crook buddies wouldn't had stolen Millions of Dollars, Bullets wouldn't have to dig into his own pockets.

Well, backpacks are important because they help kids make it back and forth to school without losing books and homework. Snacks fill bellies and help concentration. Sanitizer is important because it helps kill germs and keep the kids from getting sick and missing school. You're right that it's not a requirement for teachers to buy these things, but those things ARE important for kids to learn. Some of these are extras we choose to provide but lately many teachers are having to choose between purchasing necessities for the kids or doing without. Out of curiosity, what grade are you subbing for? And sorry if I came off as uppity, because while you riled me a bit, subbing can be as tough as full time teaching.

I didn't say the things you are buying are not good for the students but I didn't have a back pack in elementary and I manage to graduate from HS & College. But I'm at Smith Middle School.