A&M players arrested

PhatMack19

About Miles, any idea as to why a 4 star UA All-American was red-shirted when aTm needed all the help on defense they could get?

I'm not sure any db would have helped much with the lack of pressure up front last year. All reports said he tore it up all year on the scout team in practice. Maybe by the time they realized they needed him, it was too late to burn his shirt.

• 4 weeks later...

all of them that play at a program as high profile as A&M... no shortage of alumni attorneys willing to help the kids in the program

Help in what way? That would be an NCAA violation for improper benefits.

Maybe not:

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2013/07/09/ncaas-legal-counsel-rules-more-expansive-than-you-think.htm

"Ricky Seals Jones is absolutely fighting these charges. He had nothing to drink and was at home when a friend called him to come to Northgate to give him a ride home. Ricky went to Northgate to help his friend toward the car when someone struck him. When Ricky turned toward him that person cursed him and called Ricky the "N" word. Words were exchanged and Ricky was arrested. The other individual was not arrested. I have personally spoken with an independent witness who confirms these facts. Ricky volunteered to take a breath test since he had not consumed alcohol but this request was never granted."

"Ricky Seals Jones is absolutely fighting these charges. He had nothing to drink and was at home when a friend called him to come to Northgate to give him a ride home. Ricky went to Northgate to help his friend toward the car when someone struck him. When Ricky turned toward him that person cursed him and called Ricky the "N" word. Words were exchanged and Ricky was arrested. The other individual was not arrested. I have personally spoken with an independent witness who confirms these facts. Ricky volunteered to take a breath test since he had not consumed alcohol but this request was never granted."

Right or wrong, (mostly wrong) it looks like the football team has ticked off local law enforcement.

Assuming this is true, hopefully the young man can clear his name.

Most lawyers have done pro bono work at some point in their careers.  As long as the athlete initiates the contact, there is no violation.  The other way around the rules is to simply bill the athlete for services rendered.  Like any service industry, there are some clients who just end up not paying...

Im glad Mack didnt nab that kid when supposedly he had a great shot at it, he's turning into Ryan Perriloux, IMO I dont think he sees the field next season or again in a Mizzou uniform if he even sniffs at trouble again this offseason, mind you: this is just the reported trouble of him, its been a little bit more than this going on with him.

Im glad Mack didnt nab that kid when supposedly he had a great shot at it, he's turning into Ryan Perriloux, IMO I dont think he sees the field next season or again in a Mizzou uniform if he even sniffs at trouble again this offseason, mind you: this is just the reported trouble of him, its been a little bit more than this going on with him.  

I think he was out of Mack's price range. Isn't he the one whose mom wanted a house and a bank job?