A&M players arrested

PhatMack19

"Ricky Seals Jones is absolutely fighting these charges. He had nothing to drink and was at home when a friend called him to come to Northgate to give him a ride home. Ricky went to Northgate to help his friend toward the car when someone struck him. When Ricky turned toward him that person cursed him and called Ricky the "N" word. Words were exchanged and Ricky was arrested. The other individual was not arrested. I have personally spoken with an independent witness who confirms these facts. Ricky volunteered to take a breath test since he had not consumed alcohol but this request was never granted."

They seem to toss that word around a lot up there If that is also true. I believe JF got arrested for defending a teammate who was called the same thing(along with the ID situation), Johnny Jolly also had some interesting stories regarding that, and now the highest rated in-state recruit A&M has ever had? There is a lack of discipline that sometimes comes with recruiting highly touted/entitled players but it seems like there's some animosity to go along with it.

Prime example is the Kenny Hill situation. The kid is passed out after a good night and kids start taking pictures and somehow they leave him there long enough to get arrested. In Austin, Columbus, or Tallahassee they might have still taken pics, but he wouldn't have been left there to be arrested(right or wrong). I think Sumlin's classr rankings might start to drop once recruits realize they actually have to live in College Station to attend A&M.

They seem to toss that word around a lot up there If that is also true. I believe JF got arrested for defending a teammate who was called the same thing(along with the ID situation), Johnny Jolly also had some interesting stories regarding that, and now the highest rated in-state recruit A&M has ever had? There is a lack of discipline that sometimes comes with recruiting highly touted/entitled players but it seems like there's some animosity to go along with it.

Prime example is the Kenny Hill situation. The kid is passed out after a good night and kids start taking pictures and somehow they leave him there long enough to get arrested. In Austin, Columbus, or Tallahassee they might have still taken pics, but he wouldn't have been left there to be arrested(right or wrong). I think Sumlin's classr rankings might start to drop once recruits realize they actually have to live in College Station to attend A&M.

Not the most diverse university out there.

https://accountability.tamu.edu/content/university-metrics-student-demographics

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24518148/missouri-wr-dorial-green-beckham-suspended-indefinitely

Miizzou trying to keep pace, Dorial Green Beckham suspended indefinitely.

Beckham has been kicked off the team. I'm sure he will go 1-AA then go pro. Lamar should give him a call.

Beckham has been kicked off the team. I'm sure he will go 1-AA then go pro. Lamar should give him a call.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2014-04-11/dorial-green-beckham-dismissed-from-team-missouri-tigers-receiver

I felt like it was coming soon.

My boss has always that publicity any publicity is good - not so sure in this case.

But hey at least A&M is staying on the front page of the news.  :D

And maybe now JFF's unforgettable off season might pale in comparison!!

I hope that Sumlin is doing something to stem this tide - but what options do have really other that suspensions?

Ok lol.. breaking the law isn't against the code?  Just win baby should be the code.  What about lying to get booze when you are underage?

Sorry but athletes are held to a different standard and cant do the same things a regular student can do. No one cares if Billy gets drunk and passes out but they certainly care if its the starting QB. With social media today, you have to be smarter than that.

What does passing out on Northgate and smoking a little have to do with the Honor Code? I don't think it mentions that.

Ok lol.. breaking the law isn't against the code? Just win baby should be the code. What about lying to get booze when you are underage?

Sorry but athletes are held to a different standard and cant do the same things a regular student can do. No one cares if Billy gets drunk and passes out but they certainly care if its the starting QB. With social media today, you have to be smarter than that.

I broke the law this morning. I was late for an appointment so I drove 85 the whole way there. I hope the Aggie Code forgives me and my criminal ways.....

• 2 weeks later...

This Stansbury thing could get interesting.........I just caught a bit of a story but what I saw was he said he was nowhere near Rice campus but 3 people say they saw him (one lady said she spoke to him) and he was staying a block away.

I have no clue as to what happened but the stories are very different