A&M players arrested

PhatMack19

2 starters and the #1 athlete out of La. Sumlin needs to get the College Station police on board if he wants to win National Titles. Maybe he could get Rick Perry to legalize pot.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1971707-texas-am-football-players-darian-claiborne-and-isaiah-golden-arrested

Claiborne complained it was going to ruin his college career. I'm afraid he may ruin his college career. I know it's hard not to have fun. But if you can't keep it legal, have some self discipline, you may find yourself just being a working class stiff. A shoulda,coulda would have been. C'mon man!! Somebody needs to get in these kids head before it's to late.

2 starters and the #1 athlete out of La. Sumlin needs to get the College Station police on board if he wants to win National Titles. Maybe he could get Rick Perry to legalize pot.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1971707-texas-am-football-players-darian-claiborne-and-isaiah-golden-arrested

You laugh but that would probably handle a good portion of A&M's arrest as well as other team's troubles. Once Sumlin took over and started recruiting the "players it takes to win", Aggie fans realize they have to accept all the issues that come with them. Guys like Claiborne and Noil don't necessarily come from places where morality is put first, they come from places that prioritize a way out of their current economic situation. Another deal is that pot doesn't have the stigma in those places the way it does in rural/conservative Texas so a bunch of kids would rather smoke than drink alcohol which effects your body a lot more. Sumlin's hands are tied on this one because if he comes down hard on his 5-star from NOLA it will be directly reflected in his recruiting class, I believe Sumlin could personally care less about kids smoking weed. Really though, if you're not into horses, what else is there to do in College Station besides "get right"?

You laugh but that would probably handle a good portion of A&M's arrest as well as other team's troubles. Once Sumlin took over and started recruiting the "players it takes to win", Aggie fans realize they have to accept all the issues that come with them. Guys like Claiborne and Noil don't necessarily come from places where morality is put first, they come from places that prioritize a way out of their current economic situation. Another deal is that pot doesn't have the stigma in those places the way it does in rural/conservative Texas so a bunch of kids would rather smoke than drink alcohol which effects your body a lot more. Sumlin's hands are tied on this one because if he comes down hard on his 5-star from NOLA it will be directly reflected in his recruiting class, I believe Sumlin could personally care less about kids smoking weed. Really though, if you're not into horses, what else is there to do in College Station besides "get right"?

Until it's leagal, you better care. If you "get right" you "get arrested".

Looks like aTm is willing to sell their soul for football wins.

Sorry man but is was not that long ago that Texas players were having the same problems and A&M was not - before that Oklahoma, Baylor, Houston and many many more have had players arrested for one infraction or another - cougar14 is right and so are you GCMPats2 that every football teams that wants to win over everything else will have this issue come up from time to time - if you think your horns are better than this please wait awhile and keep your eyes on the paper cause sooner are later all schools will get hit with this stuff.

Sorry but it is a fact of today's big college football programs.

Sorry man but is was not that long ago that Texas players were having the same problems and A&M was not - before that Oklahoma, Baylor, Houston and many many more have had players arrested for one infraction or another - cougar14 is right and so are you GCMPats2 that every football teams that wants to win over everything else will have this issue come up from time to time - if you think your horns are better than this please wait awhile and keep your eyes on the paper cause sooner are later all schools will get hit with this stuff.

I have two younger cousins that recently finished playing for Texas and Kansas who were both arrested for possession. TCU and Oregon's "weed scandal" both hit the national media. LSU and Auburn had similar troubles while Ryan Mallet(Patriots/Texas High) was arrested in Arkansas while he played qb for the Hogs. Two OSU's, Oklahoma and Ohio, had prominent players arrested for this also. They're football players, not choir boys. You're right OldTimer, it's part of the game now. Coaches will adjust like they did to the one and done rule in basketball.

Until it is legal, it's illegal to possess it, smoke it, and/or sell it.

I'll lose every game with players that follow the rule of law.

Until it is legal, it's illegal to possess it, smoke it, and/or sell it.

I'll lose every game with players that follow the rule of law.

Man let me state I agree with you all day long - However, if you are talking BIG COLLEGE football they will not see it as to lose games = the loss of $$$$.

Tell me what coach will keep his/her job of they have losing season after losing season.  Last I heard Texas fired it last coach for "not winning enough" and he only had 1 losing season if I remember right.

Fact is money talks and B******t walks in the big money game of college football.

A&M has always had players that smoked as has most every other team in the country. They have just had a few get caught in the last year. Selling your soul for football wins in a joke. 66% of LSU's starting backfied last year were convicted sex offenders. I guess I would rather my players smoke pot than rape people, but that's just me. Also the TCU scandal mentioned above was not for pot. They were selling meth and other hard drugs.

A&M has always had players that smoked as has most every other team in the country. They have just had a few get caught in the last year. Selling your soul for football wins in a joke. 66% of LSU's starting backfied last year were convicted sex offenders. I guess I would rather my players smoke pot than rape people, but that's just me. Also the TCU scandal mentioned above was not for pot. They were selling meth and other hard drugs.

While I agree with you Phat, aggie faithful (most old army) always have said aTm is different and does things the right way. That is all I heard til aTm got busted in the Sherrill days. It quickly changed to, well, everyone does it.

What always gets me with these kids is the stupidity in which they get caught. Of the 3 guys that were there, don't you think one would say "hey guys, parking in this handicap spot ain't cool with all this crap we got goin on up in here"

UT has had their share of bad press and most aggie's delighted in it. It is a phenomenon between the schools and the respective alumni.

While I agree with you Phat, aggie faithful (most old army) always have said aTm is different and does things the right way. That is all I heard til aTm got busted in the Sherrill days. It quickly changed to, well, everyone does it.

What always gets me with these kids is the stupidity in which they get caught. Of the 3 guys that were there, don't you think one would say "hey guys, parking in this handicap spot ain't cool with all this crap we got goin on up in here"

UT has had their share of bad press and most aggie's delighted in it. It is a phenomenon between the schools and the respective alumni.

And t-shirt fans.