Hardin Hornets Non-District games

Salesman

I can jump higher.

No, I can jump higher.

My dad makes more money.

No, my dad makes more money.

I can beat you up.

No, I can beat you up.

Come on guys, there's not an correct answer here, because it works on many different levels, and accounts. Larger schools get the visual aide. Smaller schools get the word of mouth aide. However, there is an exception to the rule, when raw talent comes into play. Coaches can help, and do help quite often. Of the 10 most recent college scholarship playing young men out of Hardin, 8 received enormous help from the coaching staff. Numbers speak for themselves, but so does demographics. My baseball coach got me a lot of looks, but so did my skill. I, nor any member on my 29-2 baseball team had any scout ever approach us, throughout the year, but we had tons of phone conversations, and email discussions. It takes an valid effort from several individuals, throughout the process, typically when you are dealing with the smaller schools. However, smaller schools that are in more isolated and remote areas, have a difficult time in getting the University alum, boosters, and scouts to follow the young kids. The media source is becoming by far the most popular. I feel like that's why there are plenty of scrubs that get attention, that should never be looked at. Seeing in person, what an athlete can do is for me the most effective line of defense, in recruiting. Don't tell me about what you have done, or can do. "Show Me".

Anyone up for a new topic? I don't see this one getting anywhere fast.

• 2 months later...

Hardin wins based on the 6-4 prediction I gave earlier this year.

Non-District

8/29 vs. Legacy (Home)

9/5 vs. Huntington (Home)

9/12 vs. New Waverly (Away)

District

9/26 vs. Woodville (Away)

10/3 vs. Warren (Home)

10/31 vs. Anahuac (Home) **Trick or Treat

The wins are not subject to change. However, there may be wins that I don't have on the list that are subject to change, once August gets here, I will give my final predictions after the scrimmages.

If you would like your lotto numbers for this weeks lottery, please send a Million to my po box.

Thank you,

Sylvia Browne

Non district games include:

Week 1: Legacy Christian
Week 2: Huntington
Week 3: New Waverly

Surprised that neither West Hardin, nor Hull-Daisetta is on the schedule this year. I think Liberty is on the schedule, for one of the scrimmages.
Need to try and get those teams back on the schedule, for rivalry purposes. Also, Hardin has played Tarkington quite a bit in non-district play the last several years, and that too is not on the schedule.

New Waverly should be a good test for the Hornets though, but not sure about the first two games.

New Waverly was terrible last year. Huntington will be a much better test.

New Waverly was terrible last year. Huntington will be a much better test.

Huntington will be a loss. Huntington has some firepower coming in the Jr class.

Hardin wins based on the 6-4 prediction I gave earlier this year.

Non-District
8/29 vs. Legacy (Home)
9/5 vs. Huntington (Home)
9/12 vs. New Waverly (Away)

District
9/26 vs. Woodville (Away)
10/3 vs. Warren (Home)
10/31 vs. Anahuac (Home) **Trick or Treat

The wins are not subject to change. However, there may be wins that I don't have on the list that are subject to change, once August gets here, I will give my final predictions after the scrimmages.

If you would like your lotto numbers for this weeks lottery, please send a Million to my po box.

Thank you,
Sylvia Browne

Sylvia's dead but I hope you're right.

No. I like to fly under the radar. I'll hide behind a keyboard and tell everyone else what's going to happen in sports. I'm human though, so I am destined to miss it sooner or later. Maybe this year, but we'll see.

I'm a sales manager for a plastic company in Houston. I enjoy my free time and not answering to anybody is worth every second of this occupation.

• 2 months later...

Gentlemen / Ladies

I have spent years on and off this site, under different alias's and what not. I have always shared my opinion in support of local schools and programs.

Never one to discriminate or bring slander upon any individual/program. It has been fun but I am opting out. I've enjoyed the commentary, updates, friendly discussions, etc. I will still view the site but no longer have an account to be interactive within the message board sections.

Former Alias

MossHill 2008-2013

Thank You,

M

Gentlemen / Ladies

I have spent years on and off this site, under different alias's and what not. I have always shared my opinion in support of local schools and programs.
Never one to discriminate or bring slander upon any individual/program. It has been fun but I am opting out. I've enjoyed the commentary, updates, friendly discussions, etc. I will still view the site but no longer have an account to be interactive within the message board sections.

Former Alias
MossHill 2008-2013

Thank You,
M

Come on man. You're the only other hornet supporter on here that I know of.