Hardin Hornets Non-District games

Salesman

Far more talent than Hardin? What, when and where are we basing these arguments, from? Do you know what the all time series win/loss numbers indicate, when comparing Hardin vs. Tarkington? It's about the same as trying to compare Hardin with HD, in which you can not do. HD has about 4 to 1 wins vs. Hardin in the head to head match ups. Yes, Hardin has won the majority in the last 10 years, but in the scope of things, we're comparing apples with oranges. Tarkington quite possibly may have more talent, that Hardin on any given year, but that does not equate to wins, for them now does it? I know for several years, Hardin had more talent than HD, and when the two met on the football field on Friday night, HD ran smooth away from Hardin. Hardin has been down in the last couple of years, but things are turning around. The team was young last year, and returns alot of skill positioned, very hard working young men. I think we will have a much better year than last, and within the next couple of years, be a district champion contender. Our JV won the district last year, and our middle school program looked very solid last year as well, and don't get me started on the talent coming up through the pee-wee system, because nobody wants to hear that, as I have ranted a time or two in the past. Look for Hardin to make some noise this year, as well as HD.

Thier JV was not that good. Not sure how they won the district

Not sure if you were watching the 2nd Team JV squad thinking it was their 1st team JV, they played 2 different squads this past season.. Thier 1st team JV was very solid as a team unit on both sides of the ball. Wasn't one or two stand out kids, was just a VERY good team play. As a HD die hard i have to give them props.

Here is an interesting fact that I wasn't quite aware of. I knew it was bad, but not as bad as it really indicates.

From 1946 to 2000, Hull Daisetta beat Hardin 42 times, and loss only 3 times. The 3 Hardin wins, all came at Hornet Stadium.

In 54 years, Hardin never beat HD, in HD.

But then something changed,

From 2001-2013, Hardin has beat HD 5 out of 8 games.

I guess Hardin took beatings long enough, before the tide started turning in Hardin's favor. I hope this trend continues. No offense HD faithful, but history is on your side, and we need to try and even this thing out, before I die, preferably.

Here is an interesting fact that I wasn't quite aware of. I knew it was bad, but not as bad as it really indicates.

From 1946 to 2000, Hull Daisetta beat Hardin 42 times, and loss only 3 times. The 3 Hardin wins, all came at Hornet Stadium.
In 54 years, Hardin never beat HD, in HD.

But then something changed,

From 2001-2013, Hardin has beat HD 5 out of 8 games.

I guess Hardin took beatings long enough, before the tide started turning in Hardin's favor. I hope this trend continues. No offense HD faithful, but history is on your side, and we need to try and even this thing out, before I die, preferably.

There is a simple solution to these statistics. The overall record is a direct result of the population of HD, both town and school. When the oil field started diminishing so did the town. The school was soon to follow. Hardin started winning games when the school population of HD started falling. It will continue to happen. The town is dying slowly. There aren't as many people, or the same kind of people that were there in the 70's. And there never will be again.

Don't look for HD to beat Hardin consistently anymore.

Another interesting, and related peice of information.

Hardin has played Anahuac a total of 21 times. They began playing in 1990, but played once before that in 1952. The overall record between the two is Anahuac 15 wins vs. Hardin 6 wins.

Anahuac has won 9 of the 11 games played since 2001.

Before 2001, Hardin had beat Anahuac 4 times, and loss 4 times.

In the 1952 meeting, Anahuac beat Hardin 75-0, in the school's worse loss on record. "ouch"

In 2000, Hardin beat Anahuac 55-20, after promising a win and aggressively articulating this statement to several in the local communties, even calling into an radio station, the night before predicting a blow out.

I suppose this fired those Panthers up, after the 2000 loss, because they have done nothing but have their way, against the Hornets ever since.

Conclusion: Since 2001, Anahuac has put together a very solid run, and has had their way with Hardin, with just about every meeting between the two.

HD is 45-8 vs Hardin All-Time. Fact is the recent victories that Hardin has, all came when HD dropped down to a smaller classification. If your a bigger 2A school, you should beat a small 1A school. When both schools were same size and even when Hardin had just gone up in classification, HD was putting it on them. Bottom line is, HD fans can still proudly wear their red and black shirt or jersey in Hardin. And the post about HD getting smaller and less populated is true, the town may be slowly dying. Although it seems HD has had a flux of recent move in's the last 3 years. Furthermore, I see HD fielding one of it's best football classes in about 3 years. The kids that are in 8th and 9th grade today are gonna be nasty. Full of studs! HD Nation! HD has won 63% of it's football games. Hardin 33%...

P.S. All I see online is Hardin winning Bi-District in 05 and 07. Most fans would wait til their team wins more, before posting in red at bottom the few wins they have lol. Good luck in the future Hardin. All in fun...

I'm not saying HD shouldn't be proud of their past. But...they have won 63% of their games, and I bet a lot of those wins are against schools like Hardin. 33%. Not real impressive if you really think about it.

what are you basing these "nasty" 8th and 9th grade "studs" on. It was my understanding that HD football hasn't won hardly any games lately. As far as subvarsity that is.

You are confusing me, HD55. Are you addressing my signature at the bottom of my posts?

I was not aware of there being an "amount of games" one program must win, before allowing others to know the history behind any program. I am a numbers guy, and numbers don't lie. You'll never hear me brag about Hardin's success, because there has not been much, to speak of. However, I will state that you are seeing a Hardin, since the 21st century that has turned that losing tradition, into a winning tradition, at least to some regard. The thing about Hardin, that most people do not understand is, that nearly every sport across the board, on both the boys and girls side has had enormous success, that speaks volumes to the kids and parents, associated with the program. Football stats are improvinig, and you are going to see a very successful program unfold before long. I didn't want to have to point to the young kids, but I must since we are on the subject of Hardin. I'll just say this, give it 7 more years. There is a state ring, with Hardin's name on it, coming soon enough.

With that said, I am a firm believer in HD, and will proudly support them, when playing any other opponent, with the exception of the blue and gold.

You are confusing me, HD55. Are you addressing my signature at the bottom of my posts?

I was not aware of there being an "amount of games" one program must win, before allowing others to know the history behind any program. I am a numbers guy, and numbers don't lie. You'll never hear me brag about Hardin's success, because there has not been much, to speak of. However, I will state that you are seeing a Hardin, since the 21st century that has turned that losing tradition, into a winning tradition, at least to some regard. The thing about Hardin, that most people do not understand is, that nearly every sport across the board, on both the boys and girls side has had enormous success, that speaks volumes to the kids and parents, associated with the program. Football stats are improvinig, and you are going to see a very successful program unfold before long. I didn't want to have to point to the young kids, but I must since we are on the subject of Hardin. I'll just say this, give it 7 more years. There is a state ring, with Hardin's name on it, coming soon enough.

With that said, I am a firm believer in HD, and will proudly support them, when playing any other opponent, with the exception of the blue and gold.

Great post, all accept the State ring part lol. Hardin will struggle big time in football the next 7 years. Your a fair guy Salesman and I thank you for the HD support. Hardin just has a way tough District, and it will not change.

I'm not saying HD shouldn't be proud of their past. But...they have won 63% of their games, and I bet a lot of those wins are against schools like Hardin. 33%. Not real impressive if you really think about it.

what are you basing these "nasty" 8th and 9th grade "studs" on. It was my understanding that HD football hasn't won hardly any games lately. As far as subvarsity that is.

Actually HD has a past track record of playing bigger schools in pre district. HD has scheduled teams like Anahauc, Buna, Orangefield, Corrigan, New Waverly, Woodville, Hardin and Kountze in past years. HD had good success vs these bigger schools over the years. So that 63% of wins is legit. I played 4 years on Varsity at HD in the mid 90's, I remember playing and beating 3A Anahauc, Hardin and Buna.

Just come watch our PeeWee program, Bobcat55

The kids that are in 4th - 5th grade right now have lost only 1 game in 3 years. "Dayton"

Exciting stuff going on in Hardin for that age group. Maybe we can get some of those HD studs to transfer between now, and then ;)

I watched them play Dayton that year they only had one player that showed me something and that was the lil RB and the next year they didn't want Dayton in their league anymore.

Dayton has always been way bigger than Liberty. Not a smart game to schedule.

There was a big push to get those teams in the League. not just Dayton but sheldon and Barrett as well. Those were good competitive games 5 years ago. HD-55 our boys won a few of those and there never was a blow out in any of them. So I dont really agree at that age not a smart game to schedule. As long as the games are competitive.  

There was a big push to get those teams in the League. not just Dayton but sheldon and Barrett as well. Those were good competitive games 5 years ago. HD-55 our boys won a few of those and there never was a blow out in any of them. So I dont really agree at that age not a smart game to schedule. As long as the games are competitive.  

Oh, I was thinking highschool, not pee-wee. My bad.

HARDIN (1-7-0)
1974: Hardin 0 Brookshire-Royal 54 BD
1983: Hardin 12 Timpson 23 BD
2000: Hardin 14 San Augustine 27 BD
2001: Hardin 7 Garrison 21 BD
2002: Hardin 12 Coldspring 20 BD
2007: Hardin 51 Hemphill 28 BD (Only playoff win in history)
          Hardin 15 Crawford 35 Area
2008: Hardin 8 New Waverly 37 Area (Bye in BD)

No matter how used car Salesman spins it...One of the worst football histories in Texas High School Football

Source:

http://texashighschoolfootballhistory.com/playoff_records_-_f.html