Hardin Hornets Non-District games

Salesman

Hardin's smallest lineman weighs about 205lbs. They have three lineman at 260 or above. I'm pretty sure the average NFL lineman is over 300. Your sarcasm makes you look silly.

NFL lineman weigh more than 300? Thanks for the insight. I change my mind again, Hardin will only make it to the semi-finals.

This supporter is around year round.

I do believe the Hornets will continue to improve, but I do not see 8-2. Keep getting better, keep working.

You didn't see 8-2 last year, when your son was "primary" receiver? 8-2 is a stretch, but not out of the equation. My gut says 6-4, and it rarely lies to me. 10 year track record to prove it, obviously.

Perhaps I am wrong though, and we have several months before we get to see what these boys can do. I know this, when you have a line, like Hardin does and will have going into this season, the talent behind that line, doesn't have to be exceptional, by any means. Last I checked, Hardin JV won co-district champs last year, so that's added fuel to the fire, as well.

My final prediction will come in August, after I see the first couple of scrimmages. As always, it will be spot on. "per crystal ball"

Take it to the bank!

I never stated that Hardin would set the world on fire come fall. Offensively, they will run a more balanced attack. Their smallest o-lineman is 6'5" and weighs 205. The next smallest is 6'7" and weighs 260. He has been offered a full ride to Lamar University. The biggest lineman is 6'8" and weighs 330. He was unable to play last year due to injury. I'm not on here to bash coaches or programs but simply to support the Hardin Hornets.

That's impressive in my book.

I know my senior year we lined up like this:

LT - 6' 245lbs

LG - 5'8" 255lbs

C - 6'2" 300lbs

RG - 6'4" 265lbs

RT - 6'4" 285lbs

TE - 6'1" 225lbs

Unfortunately that didn't equal many wins. This same group in junior high averaged 30lbs per person more than our starting varsity line that same year lol.

Big Hornet,

Who starts at the O-line positions, this coming year. List the names, and height / weight.

I know Center is Shayne Adams - 6'5  205 lbs

Can you feel in the blanks, for me. I know your boy is on the right side of the line, correct? He is 6'8 - 330 correct ?

The kid going to Lamar - 6'7 260lbs - He played right tackle last year (1st team all district? correct?

This would have to be the biggest line, we have seen in Hardin, for sure.

And I do think Hardin will have a very good offensive line next year. Just not sure about the rest of the weapons on offense, and speed on defense. The Hornets are getting better, I just don't see them pulling off a playoff appearence with having to play Kville, Kountze, East Chambers, and Buna. Throw in Anahauc and Woodville who are always tough and an improving Warren team, and that makes for a tough route to the playoffs. Just because Newton is gone doesnt' mean a whole lot. Huntington will be improved over last year and New Waverly has to be better than the terrible squad they fielded last season. I see Hardin going 3-7 honestly with the best case scenario being 5-5.

Should be wins:

Legacy, New Waverly

Will be the favorite:

Huntington, Warren

A chance at winning but underdog:

Anahuac, Woodville

Most likely losses:

Kountze, KVille, Buna, EC

And I do think Hardin will have a very good offensive line next year. Just not sure about the rest of the weapons on offense, and speed on defense. The Hornets are getting better, I just don't see them pulling off a playoff appearence with having to play Kville, Kountze, East Chambers, and Buna. Throw in Anahauc and Woodville who are always tough and an improving Warren team, and that makes for a tough route to the playoffs. Just because Newton is gone doesnt' mean a whole lot. Huntington will be improved over last year and New Waverly has to be better than the terrible squad they fielded last season. I see Hardin going 3-7 honestly with the best case scenario being 5-5.

Should be wins:

Legacy, New Waverly

Will be the favorite:

Huntington, Warren

A chance at winning but underdog:

Anahuac, Woodville

Most likely losses:

Kountze, KVille, Buna, EC

They will not be the favorite against Huntington. Huntington will have the best athlete on the field.

Hardin O-Line

Center-Shayn Adams-6'5"-205
Left Guard-Jessie Marquez-5'9"-210
LT-Cory Mettlen-6'8"-332
RG-Josh Leader-6'0"-275
RT-Corey Nance-6'7"-258
I'm not sure as to who will be playing tight end at this point. Nance has not made any commitment to Lamar. He was the tight end last year until Mettlen's injury. He did not get picked as all district.

Thank you. I was told he was an all district selection. Probably 2nd team or something.

Of those 5 kids, 3 are seniors correct?

Thank you. I was told he was an all district selection. Probably 2nd team or something.

Of those 5 kids, 3 are seniors correct?

Four will be seniors. Marquez will be a sophomore.

No sir. Nance wasn't all district anything. He will get alot of attention due to size and grades. He played well his Jr. year and has made tremendous strides this off season.

Can you get your hands on the "official" 2014 football schedule? We have the games, and the order in which they will be played, but I'd like to see "dates".

Let me know, I may just go up to the admin building on Monday, and get one.

Thanks

Hardin should dominate with a line that big. Are they just kinda soft or what? Just asking

If you can access some film from last season you can form that opinion on your own. Hardin had multiple injuries in their back field last year and had far too many turnovers to succeed. We shall see if they're soft soon enough.

Hardin Hornets 2014 Football

AUGUST 29TH  Legacy Christian

SEPT. 5TH   Huntington

SEPT 12TH New Waverly

SEPTEMBER 19th – BYE

DISTRICT

SEPTEMBER 26TH       @Woodville

OCTOBER 3RD            Warren

OCTOBER 10TH              @Kountze

OCTOBER 17TH              EC

OCTOBER 24TH           @Kirbyville

OCTOBER 31ST               Anahuac

NOVEMBER 7TH          @ Buna

I don't know where the non-district games will be played. Perhaps somebody else knows?

I know Huntington comes to Hardin. It's not to often people talk about OL and not skill. So what's the skill level there? They will for sure be bigger upfront then Huntington. Probably biggest line of anybody we play. Do they have to play both ways? I think Huntington will only have a few that play both sides which can be big.

I know Huntington comes to Hardin. It's not to often people talk about OL and not skill. So what's the skill level there? They will for sure be bigger upfront then Huntington. Probably biggest line of anybody we play. Do they have to play both ways? I think Huntington will only have a few that play both sides which can be big.

Huntington is not going to be dominated on the line by Hardin. Roberts will be the best athlete on the field. Hardin's best chance in this game will be if Huntington is mentally not prepared to win. The Jr class has been competitive at every level and will not be intimidated by any teams they face. This is a chance Huntington has been waiting for years.  

Huntington is not going to be dominated on the line by Hardin. Roberts will be the best athlete on the field. Hardin's best chance in this game will be if Huntington is mentally not prepared to win. The Jr class has been competitive at every level and will not be intimidated by any teams they face. This is a chance Huntington has been waiting for years.

Huntington is notorious for having a historically horrific football program. Several decades of being a doormat with like 1-2 win seasons. Hardin has a shot, trust me...

Speaking of weight room, Nance has increased his squat by about 150lbs and his bench by about 60lbs. Leader performs on the power lifting team and Adams has gained significant strength. As far as Mettlen, he was released about a month ago to full workouts. He has been killing me over spring break at Anytime.On the defensive line, Sophomore to be Bunfill advanced to the state meet in power lifting if I'm not mistaken. He was also 2nd team all district nose guard as a freshman. I do believe they are headed in the right direction.