Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

Could not care less about a fight song. Just pointing out that the wording fits. To use your term, I was infatuated with Ag football during the Slocum years. Really liked that guy even though he fired his coaches to save his skin, but he is not the first coach to do that. Always pulled for UT against the Ags, but pulled for the Ags against everyone else. There, I said it.

Strong will be fine if he can produce some wins. Time will tell.

I don't understand some of the jibberish, but it would appear that one school has a little more "attraction" to the other. Just sayin'

The Aggie War Hymn

Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck
Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck
Good bye to Texas University
So long to the orange and the white
Good luck to dear old Texas Aggies
They are the boys who show the real old fight
'the eyes of Texas are upon you'
That is the song they sing so well
Sounds like Hell!
So goodbye to Texas University
We're gonna beat you all to Chigaroogarem
Chigaroogarem
Rough, Tough, real stuff Texas A&M
So Good bye to texas university
So long to the orange and the white
Good luck to dear old Texas Aggies
They are the boys who show the real old fight
'the eyes of Texas are upon you'
That is the song they sing so well
Sounds Like Hell
So good bye to Texas University...
We're gonna beat you all to
Chigaroogarem
Chigaroogarem
Rough, Tough, Real stuff, Texas A&M

Saw varsity's horns off
Saw varsity's horns off
Saw varsity's horns off
Short! A!
Varsity's horns are sawed off
Short! A!

• 2 weeks later...
Strong flips Baylor's top defensive commit in Louis Brown. Good get for the Horns, kid has a little Jason Pierre-Paul to him

http://247sports.com/Player/Louis-Brown-35498

Don't be surprised if he picks up Du'Vante Lampkin, Anthony Wheeler and Tyler Moore shortly. I also thinks he picks up Malik Jefferson and Kendall Sheffield later in the cycle.

Don't be surprised if he picks up Du'Vante Lampkin, Anthony Wheeler and Tyler Moore shortly. I also thinks he picks up Malik Jefferson and Kendall Sheffield later in the cycle.

Sheffield is a strong Aggie lean and a lot of people say the pickup of Lockhart yesterday should lock up Jefferson for the Aggies. I guess Sumlin will have to make room for 2 more 5 stars.

Sheffield is a strong Aggie lean and a lot of people say the pickup of Lockhart yesterday should lock up Jefferson for the Aggies. I guess Sumlin will have to make room for 2 more 5 stars.

Louis Brown and Holton Hill were the contingency plans if he didn't get Sheffield or Lockhart. I'm not sure why a DE from Ennis would have bearing on a LB from east Dallas but ok. Sheffield, much like Lodge and Keke were lifelong Horn wannabes until Mack got fired. A&M has never gotten high level talent from the inner city in Dallas and especially Houston until Sumlin cam because like McKinney said he "relates" in a different type of way. He'll only keep "relating" for so long until kids want to see actual trophies and not just hear Drake talk about them. Like I said though, Charlie is far from out on Sheffield and Jefferson even if he commits as you can see from Mack going to take an official visit at Texas.

• 3 weeks later...
Y'all have been boring lately, so I'll copy & paste some stuff. Baddog should love this

The rumors are Chucky took his players car keys during their slumber party. That should really reverse this trend if true.

"Getting awfully quiet in here.

Class of 2015:

Sumlin: 14
Strong: 2

Aggie commits with whorn offers:
Jay Bradford
Jordan Davis
Justin Dunning
Roney Elam
Trevor Elbert
Justin Evans
Kingsley Keke
Connor Lanfear
James Lockhart
Damarkus Lodge
Daylon Mack
Kyler Murray
Larry Pryor
Kemah Siverand

Whorn commits with Aggie offers:
DeShon Elliot
Toby Weathersby"

Y'all have been boring lately, so I'll copy & paste some stuff. Baddog should love this
The rumors are Chucky took his players car keys during their slumber party. That should really reverse this trend if true.
"Getting awfully quiet in here.
Class of 2015:
Sumlin: 14
Strong: 2
Aggie commits with whorn offers:
Jay Bradford
Jordan Davis
Justin Dunning
Roney Elam
Trevor Elbert
Justin Evans
Kingsley Keke
Connor Lanfear
James Lockhart
Damarkus Lodge
Daylon Mack
Kyler Murray
Larry Pryor
Kemah Siverand
Whorn commits with Aggie offers:
DeShon Elliot
Toby Weathersby"

It's a long way to February. Don't count your four star chickens before they hatch.

It is kind of cute. You could say to act like you've been there before. But it has been a long time since they haven't just gotten the longhorn culls. So give them their blip!

But you are right baddog about the measuring stick. Why else would you give top 10 money and an extension to a coach that just finished T-7th in conference??

It is kind of cute. You could say to act like you've been there before. But it has been a long time since they haven't just gotten the longhorn culls. So give them their blip!
But you are right baddog about the measuring stick. Why else would you give top 10 money and an extension to a coach that just finished T-7th in conference??

ouch

This post was not about Aggies.

Talk about ad nausea and thread hijacking.

The thread title is about new UT coach. Nothing about the aggies until mentioned by aggies.

They need their own coach thread. How about that aggies? Are you capable of starting your own coaching thread?

Sumeral's record speaks for itself. Let all of non-aggies try to understand your enthusiasm.

2 loses in 2012, 4 losses in 2013, and projected to finish 5th in the SEC West with the best talent according to all the recruiting experts. 

Aggies still trying to outdo Texas. Texas will always be the measuring stick.....even from another conference. It doesn't matter where they finish in their own conference, as long as they think they bested Texas. That is the attitude for winning a national title. Lol! Mack should love that.

Measuring stick - Nope.
Get 90% of the top recruits in Texas - Yep.
3 star Char can battle Kliff and Art for the scraps.

Measuring stick - Nope.

Kliff and Art's scraps would both kick the crap out of Inspector Gadget and his merry band of pot heads. As for Char, put'em on the schedule and they will pick up when they left off.

Hook'em!

Measuring stick - Nope.

Anyone remember if the guy that aggy called "coach February" EVER finished T-7th in conference? Pretty sure if he had, he would have been swiftly fired. Different set of expectations I suppose. But my are they proud of their own, poor man's version of "coach February."

Anyone remember if the guy that aggy called "coach February" EVER finished T-7th in conference? Pretty sure if he had, he would have been swiftly fired. Different set of expectations I suppose. But my are they proud of their own, poor man's version of "coach February."

Coach February won 2 Big 12 titles in his 16 years with top recruiting classes each season. Sumlin still has a lot of underachieving to go to earn that nickname.

Coach February won 2 Big 12 titles in his 16 years with top recruiting classes each season. Sumlin still has a lot of underachieving to go to earn that nickname.

Coach February has the same number of National Championships as A&M does in the HISTORY OF THEIR PROGRAM! *

I think underachieving should continue to be a fairly easy proposition for sumlin. And he will fit right into what aggy football is for everyone in the country not a delusional aggy fan.

(*unless you count the two they began claiming right after they joined the SEC - Texas has 15 of those championships they have too much self-respect to claim.)

And although the Aggies would like to claim they invented the term, Mack Brown brought it with him from North Carolina. Again from not having won a championship. Next thing they will claim the "12th man" is not a tradition that honors cheating and cheaters. Gigem