Frisco ISD may have the first domed high school stadium

That is wild.  I love sports, but how about paying the teachers a little better, and just getting field turf?  My dad is a teacher, my sister is a teacher, and I know a ton of others and they need a raise.
[url=http://www.lodinews.com/news/article_2c2f3121-95e0-50dc-a9ec-f5a12ad98ad4.html]http://www.lodinews.com/news/article_2c2f3121-95e0-50dc-a9ec-f5a12ad98ad4.html[/url]

Press Conference is today announcing the move..they indicated on the sports kicker this morning that they anticipate 1.2Billion in Revenue over 30 yrs...to be put inplace by 2016 season.  I guess this is more incentive for me to check out a Frisco game now lol.

Edit:  It will be a domed stadium which will hold 12k and cost $30M..of all which the school district is paying for.

[quote name="Chester86" post="1423484" timestamp="1376297598"]
That is wild.  I love sports, but how about paying the teachers a little better, and just getting field turf?  My dad is a teacher, my sister is a teacher, and I know a ton of others and they need a raise.
[url=http://www.lodinews.com/news/article_2c2f3121-95e0-50dc-a9ec-f5a12ad98ad4.html]http://www.lodinews.com/news/article_2c2f3121-95e0-50dc-a9ec-f5a12ad98ad4.html[/url]
[/quote]I have a son and daughter who are teachers, I understand your feelings. :) But this is one of the advantages of living in a metropolitan area, with teachers being paid more there as well.

[quote name="90PNGNDN" post="1423851" timestamp="1376404099"]
Press Conference is today announcing the move..they indicated on the sports kicker this morning that they anticipate 1.2Billion in Revenue over 30 yrs...to be put inplace by 2016 season.  I guess this is more incentive for me to check out a Frisco game now lol.

Edit:  It will be [b]a domed stadium which will hold 12k and cost $30M[/b]..of all which the school district is paying for.
[/quote]

$30mm for a 12,000 seat domed stadium? Sounds incredibly low priced. Isn't Katy's new outdoor stadium priced over $60mm with 14,000 capacity?

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1423478" timestamp="1376283942"]
Don't know it this has been posted yet, but this is crazy. First Allen ISD with a 60 million dollar stadium and now this.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/08/sources-cowboys-will-share-an-indoor-stadium-with-frisco-isd-at-new-practice-facility.html/
[/quote]
Another example of the greater metroplex area dominating when it comes to football and football facilities. Pretty much a slap in the face to the rest of the state

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1423866" timestamp="1376408106"]
Any community input on this?
[/quote]

Not really..there was not special vote to approve this to my knowledge....I assume this means they already have the money or project they will since they aren't having to get a bond to pay for it.  What's funny about this is that they had a decent stadium to play in (Pizza Hut Park)...but honestly, Frisco needed another stadium with so many high schools (I think they have names for up to around 8 or 9)...right now there are 5 4A's, 1 3A and another HS starting up next year that will probably be 2A or 3A initially.  The one closest to me (Centennial) has around ~2k kids right now, but I think the new school that is opening up next year will drop it back down some so that it won't be in 5A territory.

According to a thread on the old coach, The cost of the facility will be about $115 million.
Breakdown of who pays what is: Frisco ISD $30 Million; City of Frisco $30 million; Frisco Economic Development Corporation $30 million; and Frisco Community Development Corporation $25 million. The Cowboys will be responsible for any cost overruns, pay the City of Frisco $100,000 annually as lease payment for using it as a practice facility, will be responsible for all future maintenance costs; and will share revenue from any sponsorship/naming rights with Frisco.

Not a bad deal for Frisco ISD. $30 mil gets a first rate facility with no costs. Whatever revenue they generate is pretty much profit. It smacks of "mines fancier than yours one-ups-man-ship", but I don't know of any school anywhere that wouldn't take that deal.

That's awesome for Frisco. Their current facilities at great. They also gave access to Dr.Pepper Park.

The Allen facility is great as well. I heard Prosper is considering something like this as well.

These facilities are great for the communities because they help sell homes, bring in businesses, create jobs, and help with school taxes.

Great job Frisco.

Like said, It's a great time to be living in Plano/Frisco area! I wanted to move there permanently! It's family-oriented! Plenty of job growth, low crime rate, schools of higher-quality, etc. That's why I am attracted to this area so much! I have family and friends that live up there and never wanting to go back to living anywhere else! I wanted my cousin, who most recently started his job teaching/coaching at Cleveland ISD to move up there as well!

What it all comes down to is that the people in the DFW care more. Do THEIR fans care more than than the people on THIS board, maybe not but in general as a community they do. There are only 4 or 5 facilities worth noting in the Houston/SETX area total to the DFW's 10 or 15. Better facilities means more random fans which equals more community support that leads to more participation and a better product on the field. The Metroplex also has a different philosophy on schools it seems like too. A lot of the metro communities only have one school. DeSoto, Southlake, Euless, Cedar Hill, Longview,  and Allen all have one school for the whole community. I think Arlington only has 6 with almost 400k people, Beaumont and Goose Creek both have 3 with less than 100k people. Which one is going to have the better product? There's 10 PNG's support wise in the metroplex also. My cousin played qb at Bowie and when the played just a regular district game they would fill UTA's stadium about 3/4 or more. I watched Trinity play Carroll at Texas Stadium and I swear Trinity had the entire bottom half of their section full and several thousand in the upper deck. I watched Timberview play Summit and it was standing room only. Yeah, MCM gets those kinds of crowds and I watched NS play Katy under similar conditions but these are random games I attended. It's not hard to pass bonds when the people voting actually come to the stadium. The DFW is also progressive and corporate while this region is more conservative and labor oriented. What all this basically leads to is better facilities for them and more championships while we hang our hats on one or two power-houses most years that are the only real title contenders. Then to pile it on they smoke us in recruiting. Oh well, at least we have Katy and La Marque.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin