Keeath Magee recommended to be new Ozen HC

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did have success at Westbuy and Willowridge. Spread guy so I don't think too much will change at Ozen.

Is kind of interesting that for the second year in a row Rodney has brought in a coach that somebody else didn't want. Crosby's Flanigan and now North Crowley's Magee.

This is an interesting hire at best! I'm curious to see how the community and present coaches respond to a coach with recently 3yrs. of a loosing record? It seems as though it may be difficult to convince people that you can win if you haven't done it in a while! I'm not saying he won't or can't but I would have thought that they would have sought after someone who has currently demonstrated success! Makes you wonder about the people who are doing the decision making and their experience dealing with athletics? Hmm! Hopefully he can take the football program to a higher level so let's give him a chance to prove himself and see. Let's be OPTIMISTIC!

I know nothing about Magee personally.  But I can tell you comparing Ozen to North Crowley is definitely apples to oranges.  I know Ozen has history and the ghosts of Hebert still stand proud in the orchard, but BISD is very much like FWISD?  Not many "winning" coaches are beating down the doors to get in there. There is not a team down there that can play with 80% of the teams on NC schedule.  Closest might be PAM.  He is a good choice for Ozen and will right the ship.

Yes you have a point there, the teams he played against are very good and loaded with talent! Noone knows the obstacles he faced in trying to bring that NC program around but if he can duplicate some of his years before NC he should do just fine! Once again OPTIMISTIC!