Silsbee May ballot to have $30 million school bond

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1386730" timestamp="1363723572"]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/hardincountynews/article/Silsbee-May-ballot-to-have-29-5-million-school-4367502.php

Is turf hidden somewhere in there? ;) 8)
[/quote]

I hope so, they need it.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/hardincountynews/article/Silsbee-May-ballot-to-have-29-5-million-school-4367502.php

[/quote]Hopefully everything goes right and we get to the second part of the bond being proposed. Silsbee wants $29.5 mil. with a $.20 increase per $100 of valuation. Crosby is trying to pass a $75 mil. bond with $.23 increase per $100 of valuation. I hope they get it all done, not because of the new school my sons would get to attend but because if they pass the $75 mil. part of the bond we can hopefully get the $9 mil. part of the bond passed which would FINALLY get more seating at Cougar Stadium along with new athletic facilities. Don't believe in luck but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/lake_houston/news/crosby-isd-hopes-to-build-new-high-school-holds-bond/article_0ae548e0-8686-11e2-85e2-0019bb2963f4.html

[quote name="skipmeister" post="1387073" timestamp="1363789322"]
That would be great for the school district! Students need to have updated facilities! I hope Little Cypress' bond passes, too!
[/quote]
Amen on the LCM bond!  Many folks from outside the LCM community complain about the small LCM stadium, but fail to realize the stadium is the nicest part of the school district! 

• 3 weeks later...

[/quote]

As a matter of public trust it would be improper to "hide" turf in a bond proposal without being up front and honest with the public.  The only way I would support it is if it was a stand-alone proposal so that the taxpayer could vote up or down on that single issue.  I wonder if you actually heard that from the superintendent or is that wishful thinking; because turf is NOT embedded in the Silsbee bond proposal as it has been developed by the community committee, voted on by the board, and presented to the public.

If the bond passes and if the stated scope of work is completed under budget, then there would be two options (a) spend only what's needed and keep the tax rate as low as possible or (b) issue bonds for the residual amount to finance important unmet needs (e.g. aging bus fleet) that are vital to education.

[quote name="Red Sox Nation" post="1393323" timestamp="1365626868"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=110367.msg1386730#msg1386730 date=1363723572]

[/quote]

As a matter of public trust it would be improper to "hide" turf in a bond proposal without being up front and honest with the public.  The only way I would support it is if it was a stand-alone proposal so that the taxpayer could vote up or down on that single issue.  I wonder if you actually heard that from the superintendent or is that wishful thinking; because turf is NOT embedded in the Silsbee bond proposal as it has been developed by the community committee, voted on by the board, and presented to the public.

If the bond passes and if the stated scope of work is completed under budget, then there would be two options (a) spend only what's needed and keep the tax rate as low as possible or (b) issue bonds for the residual amount to finance important unmet needs (e.g. aging bus fleet) that are vital to education.
[/quote]

No need to get your panties in a knot J. It was just my wishful thinking. ::)

Why you so interested in how he or she wears the panties? What was said is factual and informative so for that I say Thank You. The need for Turf is a bit over rated when you think about things like needed building repairs, classroom learning needs and the one we should all be [s]hoping[/s] [b]demanding[/b] is secuity measures.

Doesnt Silsbee have some wealthy alumni and boosters? If it cant be done thru a bond maybe some folks will [b]donate[/b] the funds for turf cause it is very well needed in that stadium, worse field ive seen inside the hash marks in a while, looked like football in a dustbowl.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1393350" timestamp="1365633092"]
Doesnt Silsbee have some wealthy alumni and boosters? If it cant be done thru a bond maybe some folks will [b]donate[/b] the funds for turf cause it is very well needed in that stadium, worse field ive seen inside the hash marks in a while, looked like football in a dustbowl.
[/quote]

Mark Henry???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86