East Chambers, San Augustine state tourney pairings, day, time

[quote name="no-look" post="1382197" timestamp="1362340015"]
[quote author=Buccaneer#3 link=topic=109975.msg1382193#msg1382193 date=1362338901]
If EC plays smart ball then they will win no problem.
[/quote]Pulling for EC  but they better bring their A game.....
[/quote]

Correction, A+ game. ;)

Mumford played in the championship last year and their best 2 players were soph 6' 6" guard Aubrie King and 6' 4" forward LaKendric Hyson.  Both were selected to the All State Tournament team.  Doesn't look good for S.A.

White Oak won state last year but lost their best 2 players.  They only had 1 loss this year and it was to Kountze.  Going to be tough for EC but it's supposed to be at state.  I would go with EC having a better chance to win then SA.

2 year span:
Mumford  75 - 1
White Oak 72 -2

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1382263" timestamp="1362355731"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=109975.msg1382233#msg1382233 date=1362347888]
Good run EC but im afraid its over..ill be rooting for yall though good luck
[/quote]
Well, thanks for that support out of the Kountze area. :(
[/quote]
I support yall a 100% ..just being real lol

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1382228" timestamp="1362346667"]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=109975.msg1382211#msg1382211 date=1362344883]
S.A. should beat mumford
[/quote]Have u seen mumford play good luck in that one.
[/quote]

Just watch and see...this isnt the same team that BS played months abo.  That SA team that played Grapeland on Saturday would have flattened Big Sandy. 

[quote name="finger roll" post="1382256" timestamp="1362353159"]
Mumford played in the championship last year and their best 2 players were soph 6' 6" guard Aubrie King and 6' 4" forward LaKendric Hyson.  Both were selected to the All State Tournament team.  Doesn't look good for S.A.

White Oak won state last year but lost their best 2 players.  They only had 1 loss this year and it was to Kountze.  Going to be tough for EC but it's supposed to be at state.  I would go with EC having a better chance to win then SA.

2 year span:
Mumford  75 - 1
White Oak 72 -2
[/quote]

Mumford's loss last year was to a region 3 team...
SA has seen and beat size at guard/forward (Cayuga, Kerens).  They have beat a standout player with a good team behind him (Grapeland).  Mumford will be a tough task but SA is more than capable of beating them.  In the regional tournament both teams tried everything they could defensively to slow down SA and neither had success (81 and 92).  And in case you didn't notice SA is the champ of region 3 that had 10 ranked teams in the playoffs.  This SA bunch is battle tested and playin some of their best basketball right now.

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1382279" timestamp="1362357963"]
[quote author=finger roll link=topic=109975.msg1382256#msg1382256 date=1362353159]

2 year span:
Mumford  75 - 1
White Oak 72 -2
[/quote]

SA has seen and beat size at guard/forward (Cayuga, Kerens).  They have beat a standout player with a good team behind him (Grapeland).  Mumford will be a tough task but SA is more than capable of beating them.  In the regional tournament both teams tried everything they could defensively to slow down SA and neither had success (81 and 92).  And in case you didn't notice SA is the champ of region 3 that had 10 ranked teams in the playoffs.  This SA bunch is battle tested and playin some of their best basketball right now.
[/quote]
Good post man. +1

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1382279" timestamp="1362357963"]
[quote author=finger roll link=topic=109975.msg1382256#msg1382256 date=1362353159]

2 year span:
Mumford  75 - 1
White Oak 72 -2
[/quote]

[/quote]Just so you know, I'm pulling for SA not Mumford.  I was just passing along info on Mumford because I saw them last year at the State Tourney.  I'm pulling for my home town team EC as well.  Both of us have tough games.  It's the State Tourney.

[quote name="finger roll" post="1382302" timestamp="1362360866"]
[quote author=tigerheart link=topic=109975.msg1382279#msg1382279 date=1362357963]

2 year span:
Mumford  75 - 1
White Oak 72 -2
[/quote]

[/quote]Just so you know, I'm pulling for SA not Mumford.  I was just passing along info on Mumford because I saw them last year at the State Tourney.  I'm pulling for my home town team EC as well.  Both of us have tough games.  It's the State Tourney.
[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head.  It's the state tourney.  EC nor SA would be here if they weren't talented.  I've seen Mumford...they are very good...but so is SA.  Their performance in the regional tournament was quite impressive.  Knocked off #9 and #3 by a combined 36 points.  Mumford vs SA is a state-championship caliber match-up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine