PNG Coaching Change?

CajunFried

4 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Coach faircloth is a class act. If this is all true he will never make a wave about. Coach if this is true this District will miss you and Your time with us has been irreplaceable 

Well there will be another opening in the area that he can throw his name in for if wants to stay in the area 

1 hour ago, Eagle91 said:

And that is wrong! Mark that down! And it wont be Cary. They wouldn’t just let BF go if they didnt have one person in mind. I will wait and let the process go through the motions. But it could be a very good hire. But matching the winning that BF has done will be tough. I’m sure you will start seeing the real good athletes play both ways. Keep in mind these board members bleed purple and white like most other PNG fans. And they have tough decisions to make very often. Its another tough job but someone has to do it.

Let me guess…They’re bringing in Nick Saban!!

25 minutes ago, chief1987 said:

There’s one or two in the group for sure that have no business having a vote in decisions with this magnitude. I won’t name names. 

Well they were voted in to help make those decisions. So enough PNG residents thought they should. 

PNG “recent” coaching changes and their final year.

Matt Burnett

3-6, Missed Playoffs (2008)

Tim Own
2-7-1, Missed Playoffs (1993)

Danny Malone
7-4, Bi-District Finalist (1990)

Butch Troy 
1-8, Missed Playoffs (1988)

BF just went 8-5 and took a team picked 5th to the third round. Not speaking as a media member, strictly as an alum and current resident in the district, I would be extremely disappointed is this ends up happening.

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

Based on what -- rumors?!   Read my previous post!!

Oops…I agree. I was on a school board once and my experience was the board (my board) forgot that they represent the community. Although, the community never attended meetings and had no clue what was going on.  Thank you for the correction. 

5 hours ago, Reagan said:

Let's not rush to judgement until we have all the facts!

Old Buddy, you’re about 2 & 1/2 pages late with this advise.  Seems some have tarred & feathered BF already.  If true, one very strange decision, if based on football.  And folks need to remember that PNG is about 400 students (Ned 500) in the hole each year.  There’s a reason Crosby & Barbers Hill come up in the top four so often.  Imo 5A-D2 has the biggest disparity in all the Classifications.  Sure, there are no doubt exceptions, but not many.  Those numbers mean something or the the UIL wouldn’t use them.

My dad graduated from PNG, I graduated from PNG and played for Malone and Owen, my wife graduated from PNG and played for Comeaux and was All State, my oldest graduated 4 years ago and played for Comeaux, my middle child graduated in 2020 and was a key part in the girls basketball team making the playoffs (x2) for the first time in school history and youngest is a Senior this year, plays tennis. Me and my wife have been members of the booster club for multiple years, parents have had season tickets since early 70’s. I am PNG, through and through, I bleed purple, I know several of these board members personally, if this is true, I will be extremely disappointed in this decision. Coach BF is what PNG is all about. I hear the rumors out there and the only negative thing I have heard that was somewhat hush hush was about some adult issues between a male coach and a female coach last year that from what I witnessed was taken care of swiftly as neither one of them are no longer educators at PNG. 
It unfortunately has happened before at PNG, when Malone was let go when I was there it was very disappointing and the grass was definitely not greener on the other side when they hired Owen (worst hire at PNG ever). 
I have a hard hard time believing that JDC would take the job if BF is let go, they are really good friends and normally hang out with each other during the holidays.