PNG Coaching Change?

CajunFried

23 hours ago, Scalpem90 said:

The ones that know don't talk and the ones that talk don't know! The reason this isn't on FB is because people would have to do it with their own name behind whatever they're saying! Don't have an opinion one way or the other just don't believe this discussion on here does anyone involved any good, including Coach

This is perfect and absolutely correct! It is funny you see all these comments on this messageboard from the REALLY smart people (You know who you are and I DO TOO) blaming the admin and school board. You will for sure not see any of these people post on facebook because they will have to use their REAL NAMES. This same superintendent you are grilling received Superintendent of the year for the district’s successes under his leadership, including the passing of a Tax Ratification Election that negated a $4 million budget deficit. Also under his leadership, the district passed a $130 million bond election for replacing six elementary campuses with four new state of the art elementary schools. Another decision made by Dr. Gonzales and this board was the decision to keep learning face-to-face during the 2020-21 school year in spite of opposition. Keep being the keyboard warriors that you are! 

24 minutes ago, WR2016 said:

This is perfect and absolutely correct! It is funny you see all these comments on this messageboard from the REALLY smart people (You know who you are and I DO TOO) blaming the admin and school board. You will for sure not see any of these people post on facebook because they will have to use their REAL NAMES. This same superintendent you are grilling received Superintendent of the year for the district’s successes under his leadership, including the passing of a Tax Ratification Election that negated a $4 million budget deficit. Also under his leadership, the district passed a $130 million bond election for replacing six elementary campuses with four new state of the art elementary schools. Another decision made by Dr. Gonzales and this board was the decision to keep learning face-to-face during the 2020-21 school year in spite of opposition. Keep being the keyboard warriors that you are! 

Looks like the award winning successful Mr. Gonzales is doing a fine job for PNGISD, just like Mr. Faircloth is doing a fine job for png athletic dept. Nothing but respect for what Mr. Gonzales has accomplished making png a quality school system, it would be nice if NISD had more leaders half as good.  

2 hours ago, TalkMeOfftheLedge said:

I was told he wanted out and has been looking for other opportunities since as far back as 2018.

He’s applied for other jobs in the past, which is pretty common. The last one being Lucas Lovejoy. That process was very public. He’s from Brownwood so moving to North Texas would’ve made sense. 

My only issue is we’re going on two weeks of people saying they have sources and know he is out. I’ve received messages saying he’s been forced out, been fired and been reassigned. I’ve even been told he notified the team. Yet he’s still there. Players haven’t been notified. Coaches haven’t been notified. 

People in the “know” have said it’s one guy. Then it became two. And I’ve been told around seven guys now.

The story keeps changing. The superintendent says there are a bunch of bad rumors. Most coaches take time to consider their next step after the season.

Just let it play out. Rumors aren’t helping anyone.

Hearing that PNG and Nederland ISD are preparing to combine to form one school district. Admin building will remain in Port Neches and District name will stay PNG ISD. The school board will be expanded to 9 members with 5 dedicated to Port Neches & Groves residents and 4 dedicated to Nederland residents. The only allowed in-district transfers will be for athletes transferring from Nederland HS to PNG HS. All “star” athletes will be required to play for PNG. The new school district will split Nederland tax revenue among the whole district equally, but Port Neches and Groves tax revenue will remain with schools in the cities of PN and Groves. PN will be using the new tax revenue to build a massive Performing Arts center and new domed football stadium and practice facility. Hearing that Nederland will receive incentives from PNG board members to make all this happen including a restaurant, reduced rate rental equipment, advertising services, dental care, vip healthcare service, free bedtime stories, and a custom golf cart.  Also, all midcounty madness games will be held at PNG. Sources say this is a done deal. Really solid sources. They heard it from the pool man of the dog groomer for the cousin of the workout partner of the college roommate of the ex-boyfriend of the daughter of the waiter at the favorite restaurant of the sister-in-law of the science teacher at the middle school of one of the board members best friend’s former co-workers brother’s daughter’s ex-bestfriend’s 3rd cousin’s pool man!

4 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

How did Notre Dame players find out?

On the high school level 9 times out of 10 the coach has a meeting with players after talking to coaches. In the past when I've been informed of a change from the coach I'll hold onto the story until that occurs. Just out of respect to the coach. 

6 minutes ago, AshlyKBMT said:

On the high school level 9 times out of 10 the coach has a meeting with players after talking to coaches. In the past when I've been informed of a change from the coach I'll hold onto the story until that occurs. Just out of respect to the coach. 

I’ll look for your tweet in the coming days if it’s true