Coaching Carousel

PhatMack19

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Liberty not expected to pursue ex-Baylor coach Art Briles after Hugh Freeze leaves for Auburn, per report via @247sports 

This is the hidden content, please

I’m sure Art Briles biggest cheerleader on this board is already at Lamar Athletic Department begging him to come to LU…. You know who I’m talking about lol

18 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I’m sure Art Briles biggest cheerleader on this board is already at Lamar Athletic Department begging him to come to LU…. You know who I’m talking about lol

Yeah him and his "protege" Phil Montgomery 🤣😂 

Pretty sure they aren't interested in LU nor does LU have the money to get either one. 

9 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Twenty, yes 2 decades ago, they was a great place.  Whatever happened for it to fall so far?

That’s a great question.   Under Bill McCartney, he had that program rolling.  After him, seems like they had a season or two of success with Gary Barnett but other than that, been pretty bad.  I’m not saying Deion can’t revive that program but I think he eventually gets a job that is easier to turnaround if he stays out for now. 

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

That’s a great question.   Under Bill McCartney, he had that program rolling.  After him, seems like they had a season or two of success with Gary Barnett but other than that, been pretty bad.  I’m not saying Deion can’t revive that program but I think he eventually gets a job that is easier to turnaround if he stays out for now. 

Who knows.  One thought for lifestyle.  Football, football, football and more football from August to January.  What free time you have as a college head coach would be a few winter months and spring then early summer in Boulder.  That may be hard to beat.  

Just a small thing in the overall picture, but has to be appealing. 

13 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Who knows.  One thought for lifestyle.  Football, football, football and more football from August to January.  What free time you have as a college head coach would be a few winter months and spring then early summer in Boulder.  That may be hard to beat.  

Just a small thing in the overall picture, but has to be appealing. 

It’s official.  Coach Prime to the Buffs.  

21 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

I know you thought he may wait for a "better" place, however if he has a few good seasons he can still move on again.  Who knows where it will all end for him.  Very interesting and entertaining if nothing else. 

I think he stays at Colorado. Auburn kinda shunned him he was hoping to grab that job… but didn’t work out. If he gets Colorado to start winning he’s staying there. I think with the transfer portal and he’s a players coach he will get the players, it’s just landing the right coaches. Best of luck to coach prime 

• 5 weeks later...