Art Briles completely exonerated by the NCAA

the NCAA ruled on Wednesday that neither Briles nor the university violated its rules for their inaction.

"My client Art Briles has been completely exonerated and cleared of all NCAA violations alleged against him," Briles' attorney, Scott Tompsett, said in a statement to ESPN. 

This is the hidden content, please

35 minutes ago, AshlyKBMT said:

NCAA report: "The head coach failed to meet even the most basic expectations of how a person should react to the kind of conduct at issue in this case."

11 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

He had more rape accusations against his football players, in his four years at Baylor than the entire history of the school. Briles hasn't been exonerated of being a POS coach with a win at all cost attitude.

Yup. But one poster on here kisses his arse. He loves it. 

Briles has to take the rap, as well he should, but 51% of the issue at hand is Baylor’s fault. The brass at Baylor knew what was happening but had gotten relevant again and were like, “Do we say anything? Is this how it works at good programs now?” 

I personally wouldn’t have any issue with Briles leading my program. Maybe he did have a win at all cost attitude but at other institutions that mentality would be praised. The cost of winning at Baylor was recruiting players other schools probably did their due diligence and stayed away from. I agree it still doesn’t absolve him of being a POS human being but hiring a POS may be a cost other schools are willing to pay to win?  

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Briles has to take the rap, as well he should, but 51% of the issue at hand is Baylor’s fault. The brass at Baylor knew what was happening but had gotten relevant again and were like, “Do we say anything? Is this how it works at good programs now?” 

I personally wouldn’t have any issue with Briles leading my program. Maybe he did have a win at all cost attitude but at other institutions that mentality would be praised. The cost of winning at Baylor was recruiting players other schools probably did their due diligence and stayed away from. I agree it still doesn’t absolve him of being a POS human being but hiring a POS may be a cost other schools are willing to pay to win?  

So was it Baylor or Briles that offered a football player that had been kicked out of two other schools for sexual assault a scholarship? And guess what the player was accused of in Waco? Yep, sexual assault! 

2 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

So was it Baylor or Briles that offered a football player that had been kicked out of two other schools for sexual assault a scholarship? And guess what the player was accused of in Waco? Yep, sexual assault! 

Briles did. He also has a compliance office and a director of football personnel/operations that could’ve nixed it. They didn’t due to the leeway he was given for winning. 

3 hours ago, Yeoj said:

and that player was not convicted..... Art Briles is a great coach and even better person. He is guilty of believing he can save every kid. He believes that and wants every kid he comes in contact with to be successful on the field and in life. I personally have seen him make a difference in the lives of his players that have gone on and been successful if it wasn't for him......I know some will try and talk trash about my post and that is ok. I know him and the family well and they are wonderful. It's funny he doesn't get a pass but Jimbo Fisher and Urban Meyer have had players who were not saints at all but yet they are still "great coaches and people." 

6 hours ago, Affliction said:

and that player was not convicted..... Art Briles is a great coach and even better person. He is guilty of believing he can save every kid. He believes that and wants every kid he comes in contact with to be successful on the field and in life. I personally have seen him make a difference in the lives of his players that have gone on and been successful if it wasn't for him......I know some will try and talk trash about my post and that is ok. I know him and the family well and they are wonderful. It's funny he doesn't get a pass but Jimbo Fisher and Urban Meyer have had players who were not saints at all but yet they are still "great coaches and people." 

Dude stop! Art Briles is a POS. Did Fisher or Meyer ever have fifty four sexual assault accusations against their players in any four years during their careers? Its funny how you Briles nuthuggers never mention Sam Ukwuachu. Art Briles gave him a scholarship after Boise State kicked him out of their program for sexual assault. Dude got accused of sexual again at Baylor and Art Briles didn't kick him off the team or discipline him. And you guessed it, he was convicted twice for sexual assualt at Baylor and still to this day has to register as a sex offender. Briles may be a good coach when he has "good" players but dude is a trash person. He couldn't care any less about his players, Briles only concern is winning football games! I'm glad they got rid of his arse before my daughter got to Baylor or this story would have ended very differently.

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If he did he wouldn't have wasted time coaching Mount Vernon. 

Don’t think that 80K a year for 2 years in MV did much for him. I’m actually from MV and he took that job simply because some staunch Baylor alums there in MV roped him into it. I will certainly agree that there has been a complete lack of institutional control there at Baylor (Dave Bliss too) and I don’t think Briles will ever coach college again. 

18 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Lol i personally worked with Art's fam. I know alot and it aint friendly. Art knew. Period. Protected the damn program. To hell with who was RAPED. 

No denying he knew, and he should've done something. The entire administration knew too though. From the New York Times in regards to Patty Crawford who Baylor hired as their Title IX coordinator during the scandal: "She eventually quit in disgust, but only after she established protocols and tabulated 417 allegations of sexual assault and harassment over several years, 90 percent of which had nothing to do with athletics". "It was utterly overwhelming, and football was definitely not the worst." 

Freshman girl at Baylor gets assaulted and ask one of the Baylor lawyers if by reporting it she would be expelled for premarital relations? Lawyer's answer, "Maybe, you should remain silent and concentrate on your work".

Briles gets the wrap because he was the head coach of the most notable sports program, not because it was the worst. Once Briles and Starr were fired Baylor's board of regents ordered the Pepper Hamilton law firm "Not to write a report of its findings". So who's really worse? The guy that looked the other way on 7% of the assault allegations or the administration that covered for 100% of them?  

Baylor literally had athletes killing each other not long before the assault scandal and got drug by the NCAA because of it. I believe the administration made a conscious decision to look the other way well before Briles got there in hopes of avoiding another huge scandal at a supposedly Christian institution. 

17 hours ago, Affliction said:

Same for Saban. Numerous players arrested on weapons and drug charges but he's revered for giving them second chances. Most of them happen to be early round draft picks though. Meyer recruited Aaron Hernandez knowing he was banging a blood set in Connecticut. What do you know, shortly after he arrives on campus he's involved in a double shooting. You also mentioned Jimbo Fisher. Fisher, along with FSU, covered for Jameis Winston's rape allegations. He probably doesn't if Winston isn't the top qb prospect in the nation though. FSU eventually had to settle for $950k in one of the cases. I don't think A&M fans had any problems hiring him though? 

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Same for Saban. Numerous players arrested on weapons and drug charges but he's revered for giving them second chances. Most of them happen to be early round draft picks though. Meyer recruited Aaron Hernandez knowing he was banging a blood set in Connecticut. What do you know, shortly after he arrives on campus he's involved in a double shooting. You also mentioned Jimbo Fisher. Fisher, along with FSU, covered for Jameis Winston's rape allegations. He probably doesn't if Winston isn't the top qb prospect in the nation though. FSU eventually had to settle for $950k in one of the cases. I don't think A&M fans had any problems hiring him though? 

I don't think a lot of the posters here want to hear the truth! But thanks for sharing that anyway. Its funny how perception outweighs reality in the publics mind. The most glaring example in my mind is Ben Roethlisberger and Deshaun Watson. Ben and some woman were literally passing out drunk on the floor and had sex at some kind of wild party, and Ben was crucified by the media, the public, and the NFL. Zero presumption of innocence. Deshaun Watson has 22 sexual assault allegations corroborated by 22 different women who don't even know each other, and no suspensions, no charges, no arrests, no nothing has come. Watson could even play this week as far as everyone is concerned. At least Watson didn't let 2psi out of a football!  Heads would roll!      

21 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It’s a difference between giving guys a second chance vs giving guys a third chance and putting fellow students at risk to do so.