Who will win the insurance wars?

Englebert

The auto insurance companies are spending unfathomable amounts of money on commercials to reign supreme in the business. State Farm, Farmers, Geico, Progressive, Liberty, etc. spend tons on advertisement. Some commercials are initially funny, many are just downright pathetic. Some adopt a logical, results driven strategy. Some adopt a Sesame Street puppet show strategy. Some implore catchy slogans of persuasion. Practically all claim that their company can save you a fortune. Can anyone tell me the difference between the companies as far as results? Who is the fairest at resolving claims? Who is the fastest? Who is the cheapest? Who is the most politically correct in resolving these claims? (But that is not the subject of this topic.)

If 92% of the media picked out a company to disparage, how long would that company last? If practically every mainstream media outlet, every late show comedian, every daytime talk show host came out to denigrate State Farm, how would they fair? If these groups ignored, and even lied about State Farm's payout amount rate, rejection rate, and even criticized every aspect of their policies...while simultaneously ignoring the same aspects of all of the other companies, how long would State Farm last? Does it even remotely matter how good/bad State Farm's performance data is? Would it even matter one iota if an outside entity (Russia, Russia, Russia) spent a couple of thousand dollars in a campaign to influence State Farm's image?

What if social media (Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, etc...repeat...etc.) conspired to ban all positive information about State Farm, but encouraged negative (and mostly false) information about State Farm. What if these companies conspired to disallow any truth about State Farm, and even ban any new startup companies from existing because of their perceived sympathy for State Farm?

Would you still go with the talking lizard?

The winner of the insurance wars is the insurance companies.  

Me - pays home, auto, health, vision and dental (rarely using anything but the occasional doctor appointment for the wife or kids)

Insurance Companies - Thank you for your monthly contribution

Me - Hey I need to make a claim (Auto or home policy)

Insurance - 
A). Ummm, that’s not covered by this policy, or

B)  Gladly, but your rate will be raised exponentially.