So.... About Ted Cruz.

InMAGAWeTrust

17 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Have you actually sit down and figured what $15/hr will bring a person?  It will not support a family, it would hardly support a single person living alone.  Most of these jobs would still be part time.  Meaning, less than 40 hrs/week, no insurance benefits, and no retirement benefits.  So, do you honestly think $15/hr is sustainable for the employee and employer.  The employer would be forced to raise prices, therefore hurting business.  Will you be willing to pay $10 for a Big Mac?  You should stop listening to the Dem talking heads and do some math.  This $15/hr minimum would be very detrimental.  

Let’s not forget, (I believe it was Seattle but does not matter) when the $15 dollar minimum  wage was attempted, you had people missing work because the money they made cast them into a higher bracket so that their government benefits were in jeopardy, you know, the safety teat.......(housing, food stamps, medicaid). 

Another problem I see is the people making $15 per hour, or close to it, right now, will ask for raises because their company hired a man who doesn’t know shat from shinola, making the same as him, and he has experience. Well, that should make everything balloon out of control.

10 minutes ago, baddog said:

Let’s not forget, (I believe it was Seattle but does not matter) when the $15 dollar minimum  wage was attempted, you had people missing work because the money they made cast them into a higher bracket so that their government benefits were in jeopardy, you know, the safety teat.......(housing, food stamps, medicaid). 

Another problem I see is the people making $15 per hour, or close to it, right now, will ask for raises because their company hired a man who doesn’t know shat from shinola, making the same as him, and he has experience. Well, that should make everything balloon out of control.

Yep!!  Dems seem to have a problem seeing the bad results something like this yields.  They preach $15/hr trying to make R’s look bad when they resist.  Then they can scream that they don’t care about the working man.  This is nothing more than a political ploy!

On 1/10/2021 at 1:34 PM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Yall like Trump because he spoke and what he spoke about. It was hard to separate the lies from truth. That was one of the problems yall didn't deal with too well.

What did he speak about that we agree with?  Are we talking about obama, when saying can’t tell truth from lies?

On 1/16/2021 at 7:51 AM, BS Wildcats said:

Have you actually sit down and figured what $15/hr will bring a person?  It will not support a family, it would hardly support a single person living alone.  Most of these jobs would still be part time.  Meaning, less than 40 hrs/week, no insurance benefits, and no retirement benefits.  So, do you honestly think $15/hr is sustainable for the employee and employer.  The employer would be forced to raise prices, therefore hurting business.  Will you be willing to pay $10 for a Big Mac?  You should stop listening to the Dem talking heads and do some math.  This $15/hr minimum would be very detrimental.  

A lot of this is just simply false.

I’m pro Capitalism and I’ll say this the giant companies McDonald’s Walmart the big guys can pay 15/hr without hurting it’s bottom line. In fact a lot of the top employers did something to 15 and that arrow still pointing up Big Mac still $5 Walmart still have your everyday low prices. I’m against $15 across the board because it will hurt small business. But the Walton and bezos of the world don’t kid yourself. What they are allowed to get away with is criminal.

23 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I’m pro Capitalism and I’ll say this the giant companies McDonald’s Walmart the big guys can pay 15/hr without hurting it’s bottom line. In fact a lot of the top employers did something to 15 and that arrow still pointing up Big Mac still $5 Walmart still have your everyday low prices. I’m against $15 across the board because it will hurt small business. But the Walton and bezos of the world don’t kid yourself. What they are allowed to get away with is criminal.

You wanna bet!! What in the heck to you think businesses do when the cost of doing business goes up.  They have to raise prices or lay people off to keep profits the same.  See what happened in Seattle when they tried this.  

41 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

So how would you manage that?  Would the gov decide who can pay $15 an hour without hurting the bottom line? 
An average McDonalds has around 70 employees.  If you double the salaries by going to $15 you will cause lots of kids  to lose their jobs that aren’t trying to support a family. That’s who the minimum wage jobs are for.

$15 minimum wage is a horrible idea for any business.

It comes down to company worthiness. Think of the people who have had to work up to making $15 per hour. Now companies will be hiring inexperienced people off the street and paying them $15 per hour. How is that going to make employees feel, who have been working probably for years and finally making $15 per hour?

Don’t even come at me with McDonald’s. It’s gotten to where I pull up and say, “Just throw something in the bag that you think I will like.” They say, “Sir, we can’t do that.” I say, “Well, you did it yesterday!”  Don’t tell me they are worth $15 per hour.

2 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

1. It may not “hurt” their bottom lines in your eyes, but it WILL decrease their profits. And since they are in business to make money for their investors, they WILL increase their prices to cover that giant labor cost. 
2. How do you isolate which companies have to pay the $15/hr  wage? 
3. If an employee currently makes $7.50/hr, and you double their pay, what do you do to someone with more experience and seniority that makes $12/hr? If you just raise them to the minimum of $15/hr then they only get paid an entry level wage. You have to bump them up a similar percentage. That process goes all the way up to the store manager. So explain how that won’t affect the bottom line again?

5 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

1. It may not “hurt” their bottom lines in your eyes, but it WILL decrease their profits. And since they are in business to make money for their investors, they WILL increase their prices to cover that giant labor cost. 
2. How do you isolate which companies have to pay the $15/hr  wage? 
3. If an employee currently makes $7.50/hr, and you double their pay, what do you do to someone with more experience and seniority that makes $12/hr? If you just raise them to the minimum of $15/hr then they only get paid an entry level wage. You have to bump them up a similar percentage. That process goes all the way up to the store manager. So explain how that won’t affect the bottom line again?

I think he’s listened to the Dem talking heads to much to convince him otherwise.  What is it with the Dems and logical thinking?

9 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

I think he’s listened to the Dem talking heads to much to convince him otherwise.  What is it with the Dems and logical thinking?

No I’m looking at actual markets. Walmart has been going up on its pay every year yet every year the arrow is up. And Walmart still has it everyday low prices. Milk and eggs still at same price. 
yes it well hurt small business which is why I’m against it but. The big companies. Can pay 15/hr and most of them do already (Walmart the us number  1 employer was last to the party Costco heb Amazon did it years ahead ) My point is yes I agree with you 15/hr is bad for most business owners. But the big boys (who claim and brag on offering CAREERS ) should pony up

3 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

No I’m looking at actual markets. Walmart has been going up on its pay every year yet every year the arrow is up. And Walmart still has it everyday low prices. Milk and eggs still at same price. 
yes it well hurt small business which is why I’m against it but. The big companies. Can pay 15/hr and most of them do already (Walmart the us number  1 employer was last to the party Costco heb Amazon did it years ahead ) My point is yes I agree with you 15/hr is bad for most business owners. But the big boys (who claim and brag on offering CAREERS ) should pony up

You simply can’t do that. A minimum wage is across the board.

6 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

The market should determine who should "pony up".

Wal-Mart employs 1.5 million employees in the US and a stocker or cashier starts out at about $9 and say they are working 30 hours a week and 1 million of the 1.5 million folks employed fall into this category.

1 million X 30 hours X $6 more would come out to $180,000,000 added to salaries.

What would happen is (1) employees would lose jobs or (2) the cheap milk and eggs you talk about would go up or more likely, Wal-Mart would negotiate for a lower price for the dairy and poultry producers (plug in any industry here) to keep the milk and eggs cheap, therefore, hurting their business.

Let the market decide rather than pull a number out of the air because someone thinks a minimum wage job should support a family, it should not.