Vidor at Lumberton - this ones for the playoffs

Boneyard Boys

Well it has come down to this, winner take all for a playoff spot. I didn’t think either team would be in this situation, for different reasons but here we are. Vidor or Lumberton to represent our lowly district, as a 3 or 4 seed to face a tough Lindale or Kilgore team in the first round. Who ya got? I think the Pirates have the bigger, better athletes but Lumberton just might want it bad enough to pull out the W at home. I just hope we get some decent referees and the players give it their all because this will be the last football game ever played for the seniors on one of these teams. 

6F4F517F-C578-4448-9530-C9E62CA5C4E1.jpeg

Teams with a losing record should not make the playoffs. If you only have two teams with winning records in your district, then you only send two. The other district teams just get a bye to the second round. Going to the playoffs with a losing record is like rewarding them for just being in the district. Let's just give them all a  participation trophy. Wish the UIL would go back to just two teams going to the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Never Quit said:

Teams with a losing record should not make the playoffs. If you only have two teams with winning records in your district, then you only send two. The other district teams just get a bye to the second round. Going to the playoffs with a losing record is like rewarding them for just being in the district. Let's just give them all a  participation trophy. Wish the UIL would go back to just two teams going to the playoffs.

Vidor has a chance to finish 4-4, I think the best Lumberton can do is 3-7 but yes I agree with the general premise of your point.

49 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is a no brainer.

Silsbee beat Lumberton 56-14 and according to some Vidor fans, Vidor would beat Silsbee.

So..........

Injuries to key players plays a key role of who beat who an when. I for one never said Vidor would beat Silsbee but I do think Vidor was capable of beating Silsbee. I just hope we can get a decent clean game from the refs.

3 hours ago, sheldon1364 said:

Just saying it would help the Pirates offense a little to combine the both if they do make the Playoffs.

Generally not, otherwise they would have already moved them up. Due to injuries, Lumberton has freshmen starting for over 3 weeks. They will bring JV guys up due to injuries or in playoffs as a reward for playing good on JV. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Generally not, otherwise they would have already moved them up. Due to injuries, Lumberton has freshmen starting for over 3 weeks. They will bring JV guys up due to injuries or in playoffs as a reward for playing good on JV. 

Vidor has barely enough to form a JV team. If they make the playoffs then maybe some JV players can join the Varsity.