#Forgiveness

TxHoops

This young man demonstrated faith, wisdom, and heart that sadly not many of us possess.  I’m afraid i don’t.  But his words and action in a courtroom in Dallas, Texas today, may have been the most Christlike thing I have witnessed by a fellow human being in my time on this Earth.  Sadly, some have politicized this and stated that he is simply a participant in allowing the system to further victimize people of color.  In so doing, we are missing a message that was as powerful as any I have EVER heard.  When I grow up, I want to be just like Brandt Jean...

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

This young man demonstrated faith, wisdom, and heart that sadly not many of us possess.  I’m afraid i don’t.  But his words and action in a courtroom in Dallas, Texas today, may have been the most Christlike thing I have witnessed by a fellow human being in my time on this Earth.  Sadly, some have politicized this and stated that he is simply a participant in allowing the system to further victimize people of color.  In so doing, we are missing a message that was as powerful as any I have EVER heard.  When I grow up, I want to be just like Brandt Jean...

Wow!!!

thank You for sharing

thats a testament to his faith and character.

it got me teary eyed.

As Rudyard Kipling said, “You’re a better man than I am Gunga Din (Brandt Jean).”  And a better Christian, I’m sad to say.  Many of us go through life touting ourselves as good Christians, but this young man walks the walk.  Sadly, my desires in this situation would almost assuredly fall short.