Hagar

LCM vs Vidor - Who Ya Got

Recommended Posts

1
40 minutes ago, chorizo said:

I would luv to see lcm win,but let’s be real here!!The pee -rats gonna take em to the woodshed!!!!

I think LCM should have shot. LCM leads the series. Vidor don’t have the athletes that Jasper has. We do have a couple injured so it will be interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If LCM has a passing attack, it will definitely be close.  If they can’t throw, I’d be surprised if Vidor has a problem.  LCM will have to improved their run defense.  I think Vidor put up 44 on the Bears last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hagar said:

If LCM has a passing attack, it will definitely be close.  If they can’t throw, I’d be surprised if Vidor has a problem.  LCM will have to improved their run defense.  I think Vidor put up 44 on the Bears last year.

That’s all we do is throw lol. We don’t really have a run game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LC-M said:

That’s all we do is throw lol. We don’t really have a run game

Then it ought to be a good game.  Historically, Vidor doesn’t do well against the pass.  Been about 25 years since they’ve had some defensive genius, and I don’t know the big bald headed guys name who was DC, but the had to be one of the best around.   But then, Vidor couldn’t score 48 points in a season, much less a game..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Then it ought to be a good game.  Historically, Vidor doesn’t do well against the pass.  Been about 25 years since they’ve had some defensive genius, and I don’t know the big bald headed guys name who was DC, but the had to be one of the best around.   But then, Vidor couldn’t score 48 points in a season, much less a game..

Well LCM usually don’t do well against the wing T. We havnt had a decent defense in a long time. I’m sure y’all will score. If it’s raining I won’t be there so someone else will have to give updates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BattlinBear02 said:

LCM can win this game...record is 1-2, but the 2 Ls were against the #2 and #3 ranked teams in the state in 4A d2 ...but the defense has to tackle better, and stop the run

We very seldom run the Ball.🙄 We’ve changed to a Spread Offense this year.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

Every year that we have been successful , that was the case. 

 

We  need to shuffle those cards around

I’ve heard there’s a good chance we may drop to 4a next year after realignment. We were in the 1100’s last year. A lot people didn’t come back after Hurricane Harvey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Realville said:

I’ve heard there’s a good chance we may drop to 4a next year after realignment. We were in the 1100’s last year. A lot people didn’t come back after Hurricane Harvey. 

How many kids do y’all suit up on varsity? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Realville said:

Not sure, I am curious to know what our enrollment is  this year.

I think it would be good for y’all to drop down. Lumberton will probably be going back up. It’s still tough in the playoffs against east Texas. Carthage could line up with some big 5A and still do well with many kids they suit up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, you guys don’t paint a good picture for the Pirates.   Sounds like, barring some significant changes, this may be a long season for Vidor fans.   Hope they come up with something before the Crosby game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Wow, you guys don’t paint a good picture for the Pirates.   Sounds like, barring some significant changes, this may be a long season for Vidor fans.   Hope they come up with something before the Crosby game.

Just trying to realistic. They have one more non district game to try an get some fluidity on Offense and Defense.  I hope they prove me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is the problem with vidor the offense is averaging 40 points a game and 450 yards a game but it isn't good enough the defense pitched a shutout last game and if you take a kickoff return and 2 70 yrd fluke tds the defense has given up 2 actual drives, we had a big physical qb last year how did that workout, the thing about high school sports the coach plays with what he has from year to year, also has it crossed your mind just maybe they are still holding some back for district? If you are a true vidor fan and all you got to say is bash the team maybe you should just keep your mouth shut and let the kids play and the coaches coach but that is to much to ask for the typical vidorian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Realville said:

Just trying to realistic. They have one more non district game to try an get some fluidity on Offense and Defense.  I hope they prove me wrong.

Me too.   I thought I saw stats on the Montgomery game and Vidor was overwhelming, although stats don’t win games.   Them the CCC blowout, but I watched the films and no offense to any CCC fans, but they’d be hard pressed to win a game in any 4A Dist.  LCM might give a little better barometer, but Crosby will be a Big test.  I think the Cougars have their claws back.  

I’m still cautiously optimistic.  If they can win a few close games, I think they’ll be in the playoff hunt.  The Dist is awful iffy this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, astros4141078 said:

Well this is the problem with vidor the offense is averaging 40 points a game and 450 yards a game but it isn't good enough the defense pitched a shutout last game and if you take a kickoff return and 2 70 yrd fluke tds the defense has given up 2 actual drives, we had a big physical qb last year how did that workout, the thing about high school sports the coach plays with what he has from year to year, also has it crossed your mind just maybe they are still holding some back for district? If you are a true vidor fan and all you got to say is bash the team maybe you should just keep your mouth shut and let the kids play and the coaches coach but that is to much to ask for the typical vidorian 

I think your Mom wants her phone back!😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable you guys blow my mind the typical my son is in the band and I know football vidorian and you wander why the kids find away to lose games instead of win close games they listen to the town argue stuff they have no clue about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    41,240
    Total Members
    1,432
    Most Online
    Rjm Eagles
    Newest Member
    Rjm Eagles
    Joined


×
×
  • Create New...