WOS vs Jasper - Friday 7:30 @ LAMAR

wo-s#1

9 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

I saw some adjustments CT made during the Sweeny game because they were busting through straight up the middle just like Jasper did.  The difference was that Sweeny did not have the speed at the RB position to take it to the house.  Funny thing is as soon as Sweeny took the lead 3-0 I told my son watch what happens because WO-S is about to bow up and take over this game.  Have seen it to many times on too many playing surfaces and levels.  It is hard to beat a champion.  Many years Jasper has came into these games intimidated, I don't think they will be this year.  As someone pointed out up above, they better not come into the game expecting a repeat of the last one.  Whoever wins this game will have to earn it because both will want it.   I just hope I don't see another game with 20 penalties like Jasper's last game.  It was brutal.

Well if you seen that. U know who was at NT then. W.o will give up some of them.when 51,54 are in the game.but it want be the whole game bcz 58,69 are playing 90% of the snaps.and 4 the freshman is a stud.u should've seen he had almost 14 tackles in  that game.im quite sure u were at the first game.and u seen 54,51,6. Wasnt ready so they had to dig deep to be where they are.and if u remember the sweeney game u outta know that w.o miscues changed the majority of the game.when it should've 14-0 easily.but u learn from things like that.even when sweeney took the lead and they ran it back.they still went 90yrds in 6 plays.character of a team that's peaking. Early in the yr no one could say that.

5 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Serious question. I fully believe the silver&blue has made great strides defensively I do.  New faces making the needed changes as per one of the best coaches in the state (with the rings and resume to back that up) . While the focus has proven to be on Montavien  (Hunt).  I take it that there must be a track star within the new defensive faces . When Montavien gets in space (and he will) who is going to catch him for the chain gang? Because none of the eleven on the field in the first game could. No offense really just reality.

Nobody can catch him from the other side of the field,heck might not be able to catch him if it were a true foot race idk...but for him to break  long runs like that again he will have to run over some silver and blue,linebackers will be where they supposed to be!

2 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

What do we have to lose ? You guys are #1 in 4aD2 not us :). Pressures on , now let’s play ball!

Disappointed? 4 time state champion, 113 shout outs, have won over 80% of our games and only one losing season in the last 40 years. Wos doesn't have to do anything for the next 100 years and teams around here  will still be trying to catch up. So what is there to be disappointed about? 

29 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Ok. Thanks for the response.

Lol that was an easy one.if he healthy enough.he will be the fastest guy on the field. If you get a chance go to vype sports and watch the highlights.he was a one man wrecking crew.but the things was i still dont have a clue of what a few our kids was doing.and then u make it easy for there lineman by not been in position. And u give him a 5 yrd running start.no one in the state would catch him.u have to get to him bf he gets started.he is the sole reason why w.o has so many new starters on defense.

32 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Disappointed? 4 time state champion, 113 shout outs, have won over 80% of our games and only one losing season in the last 40 years. Wos doesn't have to do anything for the next 100 years and teams around here  will still be trying to catch up. So what is there to be disappointed about? 

Based upon the predictions in this thread. It’s like you guys are oblivious to the fact that y’all couldn’t hang with us the first time now magically you guys will hold us to 3 points lol. Its playoffs I don’t expect either of us to show any mercy, 4th Q last game we let off the gas trust me when I say this time we won’t. 

15 minutes ago, Jasper Fan said:

Based upon the predictions in this thread. It’s like you guys are oblivious to the fact that y’all couldn’t hang with us the first time now magically you guys will hold us to 3 points lol. Its playoffs I don’t expect either of us to show any mercy, 4th Q last game we let off the gas trust me when I say this time we won’t. 

I wouldn’t expect you to let off the gas in the 4th quarter....that’s not a very good strategy for playing catch up.

18 minutes ago, Jasper Fan said:

It’s also obvious you guys are predicting this game from what is in the rear view...

1 hour ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

I am obviously a WOS fan and clearly was speaking at a Jasper fan. They are #1 in the rankings. But OK

13 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Ah, my silver&blue friend speaking for myself I want to first make it clear that i have been, am and always be a Bulldog for life.  For those of u that have been around here at setx sports will I am sure have heard me say that (and it has mostly been on WOS threads) over the years though I love sports in general as much if not more than most, but as time has went by I have learned there are times u gotta take the emotions out of the picture and just deal with the facts. 

Good post DAWG. The fact is for this game at this point in time, nobody has beat anyone yet.The score is 0-0.

I've been pretty quiet this week so far, but I will say this: Over thirty years of history means absolutely nothing this week. This Jasper team doesn't have that "here we go again" mindset that has hurt us in the past. I truly believe that this is one of the best, if not the best, team Jasper's ever had. We've played like a championship team from the start like WOS often does.

JasperDAWG and I have seen a lot of the same football over the years and I also have a ton of respect for the Mustangs. Both of these teams right at this moment are very good and it's gonna be a classic. I think the winner of this game just might win it all. Let's play a good, clean game and see who is left standing when it's all over. I can't wait!

13 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I've been pretty quiet this week so far, but I will say this: Over thirty years of history means absolutely nothing this week. This Jasper team doesn't have that "here we go again" mindset that has hurt us in the past. I truly believe that this is one of the best, if not the best, team Jasper's ever had. We've played like a championship team from the start like WOS often does.

JasperDAWG and I have seen a lot of the same football over the years and I also have a ton of respect for the Mustangs. Both of these teams right at this moment are very good and it's gonna be a classic. I think the winner of this game just might win it all. Let's play a good, clean game and see who is left standing when it's all over. I can't wait!

Best Jasper team ever?  Now that is a stretch...

6 hours ago, j_dog said:

Maybe not "ever", but definitely best in years, imo. 

Best team ever are easily are 86 and 87 dogs.ppl probably dont realize how gud those 2 teams were.they had more all state players then w.o .maybe 5 or 6 plays kept them from winning state 2 yrs in a row.they were that gud.

1 hour ago, dj said:

Best team ever are easily are 86 and 87 dogs.ppl probably dont realize how gud those 2 teams were.they had more all state players then w.o .maybe 5 or 6 plays kept them from winning state 2 yrs in a row.they were that gud.

Should be a good one best of luck too both team and hopefully no more injuries, still going to Katy and north shore. They took to long over here

4 hours ago, dj said:

True, the right break here and there the Jasper 86 and 87 teams could have won state.  But that could truthfully be said about several different Jasper teams.  I think the 83-84 teams should be in the discussion.  Speed, speed, speed.  Few teams would even kick deep to Tony Allen and Reggie Davis because it would be an almost automatic TD.  They were that good.  It took Thurman Thomas and Willowridge to put the 84 team to the sidelines by a 10-6 score.  And the 90 team that WOS beat 7-6 sent three players to the NFL.  One to the practice squad, for perhaps a year, one for five years, and one for eight years with the 49ers.  And that team did not even get out of district.  A one point loss to WOS and a 3 point loss to PNG left Jasper at home.