Jasper is open, then it isn't, then it is again, then it isn't again (for now)

dillonpanthers

5 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

That last bit information on the article is interesting, leaves the door open on could be getting fired or nothing happening at all. The whole "At this time our plan is to evaluate everything," is very interesting... could be trying to budget cut or new supertindent could be trying to bring in their regime of people... but interesting to see where Jasper Athletics stands come Friday. 

I agree.

On 2/18/2017 at 9:44 PM, dillonpanthers said:

According to reports on Twitter, Jasper has reasigned Barbay. 

The word is they will publish the job opening March 20 until then he has not been officially reasigned that is how the super and school board is getting away with saying that he has not been fired are put in another position

6 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Que the shame bell

It is a shame.  The Jasper ISD administration, which evidenced its' incompetence by dismissing a Coach with a .693 winning percentage at the school, has also shown its lack of trustworthiness by the manner in which it handled the dismissal.

This has launched this issue well beyond the athletics department.

There have been no reasons given so far. The superintendent and the school board have shown their true colors with this whole situation. They keep saying it's in the best interest of the students but I think the outpouring of love and support and even the protest put on by students and staff yesterday, just goes to show that this move is to fulfil some sort of "agenda" on their behalf. They are a bunch of spineless cowards. 

1 hour ago, bobbymcgee said:

What other aspects of the job did he not do well? Anybody in Jasper know what that was all about ? 

There were complaints about him "neglecting" other sports.  But it makes little sense when you hear what sports were complaining as those were some of the most successful at Jasper.

I know more about this than I want to know. Was Barbey perfect heck no but tell me who is. Barbey is a great coach lm not worried about him I'm praying for his wife & kids he'll get another job . He built a nice house and was planning on raising his kids here. I don't think they know who fired him school board or Supt. He was told Friday  his contract wouldn't be renewed. All I know we got several snakes in the grass &I we got a heck of a mess

This stinks to high heaven. If this were a performance issue, it should have been addressed as soon as the football season ended, not now. If this were some inappropriate action causing his removal, why not terminate immediately? I'm sure neither of these are the case. And if they aren't, why would you "reassign"(fire) him? What grounds are you justifying your decision on? There is some hidden agenda that we aren't seeing here. Only time will tell. My guess is that the supt wants to bring in his "people".  No matter what the case is, Jasper ISD should release a statement explaining what the heck is going on and why. It doesn't paint the school district in a positive light.

It is a horrible shame that Coach Barbay is caught up in a situation that does not deal with results    winning  in football , soccer, ,baseball,  track, etc.     and the new direction is what    ego of board members and superintendent,   2 yrs from now look and see where Jasper will be    not at their current level in my opinion

best of luck to Darrell, Melissa and his girls   he will be successful where every he lands     as for his replacement maybe not    go bulldawgs   and AXEM JACKS

1 hour ago, fishcat said:

I know more about this than I want to know. Was Barbey perfect heck no but tell me who is. Barbey is a great coach lm not worried about him I'm praying for his wife & kids he'll get another job . He built a nice house and was planning on raising his kids here. I don't think they know who fired him school board or Supt. He was told Friday  his contract wouldn't be renewed. All I know we got several snakes in the grass &I we got a heck of a mess

I heard rumor the Saturday after the Aubrey game that this would be his last year at jasper, not sure when the new sup hired on but makes me think it is all school board driven