Obama's farewell speech

LumRaiderFan

Hey 911 happened on his watch, that's the way its goes. Sure the financial crisis was his fault. Reading some of the post on this board should not surprise me, but it does. I hope Trump gives his supporters the key to wealth. I just do not believe it will happen. If 911 had happened on Obama's watch, OMG. Good luck Trump supporters. 

What most fail to realize is that 9/11 was the root cause of the financial crisis.  Just blame Bush is the lefties battle cry.  Then after 9/11 comes two of the worst natural disasters to strike the US.  Bush gets the blame for that as well, just ask Nagin and the idiots in charge in NOLA.  In short, no matter who was potus on 9/11, the financial crisis would have still happened.  Goodbye Obama, thank God!!

8 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

This is what Dems don't comprehend. They think we all absolutely love Trump and are okay with some of the things that he says. This whole mess is not about Trump. This was about Obama and Clinton. The Republicans could have ran ANYBODY and won this election.  

I think Donald Trump proved that one. 

23 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Hey 911 happened on his watch, that's the way its goes. Sure the financial crisis was his fault. Reading some of the post on this board should not surprise me, but it does. I hope Trump gives his supporters the key to wealth. I just do not believe it will happen. If 911 had happened on Obama's watch, OMG. Good luck Trump supporters. 

Interesting logic. I guess WWII was Franklin Roosevelt's fault and 80 million people dead worldwide is on a Democratic president. 

30 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

According to a number of your "associates" 9-11 was an inside job and Bush blew up the levees in New Orleans in order to harm minorities.  If we are going strictly by whose "watch" it is under, Mr. Obama gets full and complete credit for most people ever on food stamps,  first and only downgrade in rating of U.S. Government debt, and the biggest increase in the national debt ever accumulated under a single president.  The seeds for the financial crisis were sown long before Mr. Bush got into office but go ahead and believe he did it- self delusion can be a wonderful thing.

13 hours ago, REBgp said:

I agree.  Btw, I've heard it estimated that he'll lose approx $28 million by not spending the next four years working at ExxonMobil.  And although a millionaire many times over, that's still a lot of money.  Could he possibly be doing it because he loves America?  Is he that nasty word that sends the left into anxiety, a patriot?  

Patriot, yes ...just like Dick Cheney.  Halliburton sure did get rich during that time of patriotism.  

16 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Patriot, yes ...just like Dick Cheney.  Halliburton sure did get rich during that time of patriotism.  

I suppose so, as I'm sure the founders of Solyndra did.  At least Haliburton helped us win a war.  Solyndra was just a money pit.

1 hour ago, Remmus said:

Halliburton was already rich (huge)...give me a list of other companies that can provide the services that Halliburton does on such a scale.

Just can't hide your contempt for big business, can you?

6 hours ago, Remmus said:

co-signing on bank deregulation sorta sets up the environment.

Sorry, but you can give full credit to the Community Reinvestment Act, no money down/no proof of ability to pay mortgages, and a certain segment of society's desire to make society more inclusive by making it too easy to purchase a home.  Special kudos to Chris Dodd and Barney Frank. Tge bank deregulation comment sounds enlightened but it hardly relates to the sub prime lending meltdown which precipitated the crisis of 08.

6 hours ago, Remmus said:

Rem- are you stating that the war was begun specifically to improve the financial situation for Halliburton?  It might interest you to know that lthe largest direct/indirect holder of Halliburton stock during that time was LadyBird Johnson

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Rem- are you stating that the war was begun specifically to improve the financial situation for Halliburton?  It might interest you to know that lthe largest direct/indirect holder of Halliburton stock during that time was LadyBird Johnson

Sounds a lot like what new tobie used to say.

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

Check out Brown and Root and Vietnam.